It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Suggestions on questions or way to talk to neuro and pain clinic

My PCP believes I have Fibromyalgia. I will be going to a pain clinic and a neuro very soon. Can I please have some suggestions on proper ways to go about asking questions and discussing my symptoms? For years I got the "it's all in your head" sort of treatment. IT IS ABSOLUTELY not. Finally I found a PCP that that takes my concerns as a real issue. I want to make sure this time I get the CARE I so desperately need to improve my quality of life. It gets very frustrating. Thanks all! I need all the help I can get. If it helps I can list my symptoms but I didn't want to make a crazy long post .

Bella

Old 08-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
(female)

PepperChick HB User
Cool Re: Suggestions on questions or way to talk to neuro and pain clinic

Hey Tattoos, I have 3! LOL

When I finally found a caring PCP who actually believed in fibro, he referred me to the pain clinic on my first visit. All you have to do when you go to the pain clinic is to tell the truth. Show them where it hurts, tell them when it started, how bad your pain is, what you take for pain, what type of meds you feel you need. I have found that my pain clinic dr's are easier to talk to than any other doctor I have been to. Dont be nervous. Be excited that you will get some relief, FINALLY. I feel 80% better since I started the pain clinic. Not saying that pain meds are the only way to go, but for me it was. I have always had a very low tolerance for pain, and have gotten great relief. Let us know how it goes!!

(ps I have a chili pepper tattoo, hehe)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
(female)

cheryl22 HB User
Re: Suggestions on questions or way to talk to neuro and pain clinic

I noticed in your post you are from Connecticut. I have been told by my PCP that he believes I have Fibro. I have been feeling pretty good so I haven't pushed him too hard for a referral to a rheumy, but I notice you mention a pain clinic. Can you tell me where in Connecticut there is a pain clinic? I would love to find out more about to talk with my doctor about. I was trying a chiro, but he wants like $2,000 that I don't have right now and insurance only covers a small portion. Thanks

Cheryl

Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
(male)

Jaspell HB User

Hi,
I have been practicing WC law in Connecticut for 20 years and see a lot of cases of fibromyalgia. If you would like some guidance on a good pain management program, give me a call anytime and I can give you my two cents. Jim Aspell, West Hartford

Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

cheryl22 HB User

Thanks for the offer of assistance with pain clinics. I am actually going to be following up with my pcp to find out what my next steps are. Hoping to see a rheumatologist and hopefully get a definite diagnoses. I have also been told maybe all my problems are from TMD and that my bite is off. Most of my problems started after I had a crown put on a tooth. Any ideas on how I can find a good rheumatologist if that is where my doctor sends me next?

Closed Thread