It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Everyday Pain

Do you experience pain everyday?

Is it in the same place or does it move around?

How long does it stay in one place?

I have back/hip pain and it has been unrelentless for about 8 weeks. In the past, things have been painful, but move to another spot in a couple of weeks.

Sometimes, they even go away and I feel decent.

I am wondering if this is normal for fibro or what.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
(female)

midnightblu22 HB User
fibromyalgia support

hi, my mum has fibromyalgia she was diagnosed about 5 years ago. my mum used to have fairly good summers and felt less pain during this time but winters are hell and she is constant pain because the cold weather affects her joints. but sometimes she has periods of constant pain and sometimes it weans off for abit. she takes painkillers daily and these numb the pain slightly but when her pain is really bad they dont have any effect at all. does any one else suffer from fibromyalgia?would be useful to share experiences and advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: fibromyalgia support

twanger, I have pain everyday. I do have pains in various parts of my body at different times (hope that made sense). Yes, somedays are better than others but I try to make the best of everyday. That is one of the weird things about this disease, what is normal for one person is different for another. We all have to work hard to find the best med protocol for ourselves. Just keep plugging away and keep a positive attitude and enjoy those good days!

Glojer

Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User
Re: Everyday Pain

Thank you. I hope that I can learn to enjoy them. Whenever a new pain starts, or moves, I keep thinking the worst which incapacitates me.

Try to think positive, right?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
(female)

zelda77 HB User

Mine is everywhere, but mostly head, neck and upper back.When it is bad, 90 mg of dihydrocodeine helps for an hour! Muscle relaxants does not work, maybe diazepam a little. Anything that works for you? Enjoy the good days exta more and look forward to the good days when it is bad!

Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
(female)

buckle1535 HB User

I have been diagnosed w/ fibromyalgia. I had a bad fall last year and have most pain in left hip, lower back, front of left thigh which only adds to the pain and stiffness. Been to many drs, recently a new chiropractor who helped alot but for only 2 days. I also have IBS, headaches were relieved after menopause
I'm just so sick of STIFFNESS, exercise makes it worse. Today the weather is very humid and that makes it worse. I can't stay in one position too long,, I take muscle relaxers and vicodin,(Dr wants me to stop it and won't prescribe much longer) which merely takes the edge off. I had a 90 minute massage yesterday, felt Great, but today is Awful!! The massage wa sonly $25, otherwise I can't afford. My crummy U.S insurance doesn't cover office visits, Rx's, or chiropractors.
--Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Thankyou, Pam

Last edited by buckle1535; 07-27-2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
(female)

buckle1535 HB User
Re: fibromyalgia support

I want to tell you how Fortunate your mother is to have a daughter like you!! My friend suffers from fibromyalgia and her only daughter won't speak to her because she doesn't want to hear about it!!! I have fibro. and 2 adult sons that I rarely mention it to, because I don't want to lose them. Pretty sad, eh? Please tell your Mom she's a very Lucky woman, sick or not.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Pam, I hear you. I have pain in my right hip, lower back and IBS. I also just got into menopause. That was not fun.

Meno made all my symptoms worse and, at times, I didn't know which symptom was fibro or meno.

I don't have any solution. I only know that after you get worked on, you can feel worse for several days. That happens with me.

Maybe there are others here who can help. I hope so.

Closed Thread