It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

Kerry21 HB User
Wink Fibro my whole life diagnosed at 26 yrs old

Hello everyone!! I posted here a few years ago, totally flipping out, begging someone to tell me I dont have fibro. I am 27 yrs old now. Ive had pain since I was 3 yrs old. We were always searching for answers. when I hit 21 more symptoms began. Knee tendonitis that landed me on the operating table. Pain in my calves that sent me to the ER. I had an online friend with fibro, and she truely believed I had it. For so long I was so afraid of having that label. That diagnosis. That word. That diagnosis that some docs dont believe in, that some people call "Liars, pill poppers, its all in ur head etc" My neuro and I both didnt want to believe it. When I was pregnant at 25 I felt amazing. Most of my symptoms were gone, except the pregnancy aches and pains. He told me Fibro loves being preggers LOL. After the baby I nursed for a long time. At 9 months when my milk really started getting low, the symptoms were coming back. My calves felt like they were going to explode. Thats a part of my RLS. Like electricity going down my legs and calves, burning, aching etc. That was gone when i was pregnant. I thought it was cause I quit smoking. My knees started aching, my lower back was in complete spasm, my tendor points were on fire.. Finally the day after my daughters 1st bday, my doctor said it. My husband was there. we both had a feeling it was coming. He asked if he can check my points. I had 6 before the pregnancy. well, I had all 18. I cried!! The dr begged me not to cry, cause he wanted to cry. He gave me a pep talk. Promised he would never let me suffer as long as I promised to be responsible with the pain medicine he gives me. I promised him. He said he had no choice and had to write down the definate diagnosis. He told me more and more doctors are believing it. To not worry what other people think, as long as my family is supportive. It just became so clear. I felt fabulous during pregnancy, then BOOM worse after. there was no denying it anymore. I know there are many people worse than me.

I dont cry anymore about my pain. I was put on cymbalta, and my RLS is almost gone. I am not depressed about it anymore. I start to look on the bright side. I thank god that i have this doctor whos so amazing, loving, caring, young (thank god ill have him for a long time)he does not let me suffer. He knows I research alot. whatever meds I wanna try, he never says no unless it interfers with something Im taking. I take xanax to relax my nerves and muscles. Its amazing. I have knots the size of golf balls in my back, and the spasms are crazy. The xanax gives me a little break. vicoprofen as needed and ultram ER (that really works!) I get horrible pains down my thighs, knees, into my ankles and that ultram does its thang!! The mornings are the worst. I have to leave the bed at 4am to sleep on the recliner because I am so stiff and suffering from spasms in my back and into my stomach. The recliner is like a cloud, my husband spoiled me when he bought it.

I got pregnant 10 months ago but lost the baby at 8 weeks. I felt like it was fibros fault. I dont know. Im so scared ill never be able to give emily a bro or sis. I was in horrible pain since I was weening off of everything. I felt like the pain made me miscarry.

Im happy that I can come to this board without having a panic attack. I have excepted it. I HAVE FIBRO! AND IM NOT SCARED. I feel like one of the lucky ones. I know there are different patients. Everyone has their own type of FM. Here is my top 10 ten.

1. Restless leg syndrome (in remission)
2. Chronic lower back spasms/pain
3. Shooting nerve pain
4. deep ache in thighs, tender to touch and balls of knots in my thighs
5. huge knots in my lower back, some you cant even touch
6. on and off swollen feet
7, anxiety disorder
8 trouble falling asleep and staying asleep
9. migraines
10. worst period pain. That time is always the worst with fibro, my whole body just aches and shoots in pain

I also twitch like crazy. My eyes and nose. My legs, and feet too. Thats the most annoying feeling.

Hoping to chat with you guys. tell me what you feel and what you take for pain etc. I think everyone should go on cymbalta

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Fibro my whole life diagnosed at 26 yrs old

Hi sorry you are going through this..And it is great your doctor is helping you by giving you drugs and he believes in you...

I see where you live..have you had any test for Lyme Disease? You started out at an awful young age 3 years old having pain...I went through 20 or so years of being told fibro, chronic fatigue, blah blah blah...yes i wound up getting those too. Please get to a Lyme Literate Doctor. Check on the Lyme Board. I wouund up in ER a few times myself. I would look for more answers before leaving it as you have fibro. There are ALOT of mis-diagnoises out there.

Sorry about losing your baby. I lost mine too! Lyme was the problem plus all the drugs the ding dong doctor had me on ...He said I had Fibro....

Please don't stop looking for answers...Also youi might want to read up on Dr. Charles Stratton's protocol for Fibro. There are other bacteria (s) that imbed in our bodies besides Lyme.

Good Luck to you!!

Old 08-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

PepperChick HB User
Re: Fibro my whole life diagnosed at 26 yrs old

Sory to say, but that sounds like me. I was diagnosed at 31. My periods were so bad I couldnt' sit upright ,so I had my uterus ripped out. You will learn what helps and what doesnt, and what you can do and so forth. Like I avoid housecleaning at all times, flares me up baf
Hang in there, there are good times too.

Closed Thread