It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

misscindi HB User
FIbro girl just moved to Austin, needs new Dr.

Yes, My 27 year old daughter (diagnosed since 22) got married in may and will be living in Austin, Texas. I don't need to explain to anyone who has fibro how important having a good Dr. that understands the whole fibro thing is. She made an appointment at her husband's doc and he acted like he didn't know much about it. He was actually asking her questions about it and her past treatments. If anyone knows of a good one please post, Thanks alot!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: FIbro girl just moved to Austin, needs new Dr.

I cannot vouch for this physician, but he is listed in my fibro doctor's guide:
Ron Manzanero, Austin, TX 78759

Blessings,
Kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

HopeForTomorrow HB User

I live in Austin and I see Eduardo Cepeda.

Hugs,
Jen

Old 08-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
(female)

misscindi HB User

Thanks Kirstee, that is a start, more than she has so far! I appreciate your time to check your book ;D

Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
(female)

misscindi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeForTomorrow View Post
I live in Austin and I see Eduardo Cepeda.

Hugs,
Jen
Hey Jen, Thanks for the reply, would you mind if I asked a few questions? Is he a GP or Rheumy? Do you feel like he stays up to date on all the latest news in the fibro world? Does he really listen to you and try different things if something doesn't help? Do you feel he has helped you? Do you happen to also have a chiropracter or massagist? Gosh sorry don't mean to grill you I really appreciate any info you can give me Thanks alot!!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
(female)

HopeForTomorrow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscindi View Post
Hey Jen, Thanks for the reply, would you mind if I asked a few questions? Is he a GP or Rheumy? Do you feel like he stays up to date on all the latest news in the fibro world? Does he really listen to you and try different things if something doesn't help? Do you feel he has helped you? Do you happen to also have a chiropracter or massagist? Gosh sorry don't mean to grill you I really appreciate any info you can give me Thanks alot!!
He is my Rheumy. He has helped me, I have a friend who sees him too and she loves him too! My GP is Dr. Lockett. He's in the same building and it helps alot since there systems are connected they both know what the other has prescribed and done for you. It's really convient. I highly recommend both Dr's. Hope this helps. And welcome to Austin!

Jenny

Old 08-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
(female)

misscindi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeForTomorrow View Post
He is my Rheumy. He has helped me, I have a friend who sees him too and she loves him too! My GP is Dr. Lockett. He's in the same building and it helps alot since there systems are connected they both know what the other has prescribed and done for you. It's really convient. I highly recommend both Dr's. Hope this helps. And welcome to Austin!

Jenny
Thanks Jenny for the great info, just what I was looking for,I will pass it along to my daughter! she is not in Austin yest, she got married here (Ohio)in May, Then they went to San Jose to work on a summer project and then to a conference in Denver, where she lived until she got married. They will be there for 2 more weeks then are going on vacation with her husbands parents and then finally for the first time since they have been married, going to Austin. Her things are in storage there and they have to like renovate his house because he rented it out while he was working in New Orleans after Katrina. So after they fix it up and make it livable then they finally get to move in it together and play house ;D Because their lives have been such utter chaos I was trying to find her a doc so she could make an appt. and get in to see someone fairly quickly upon getting back. She has had a physically exhausting summer and hasalot of pain, stiffness, major knots etc. She is 27, how old are you? you sound younger. What have you found that works for you?

Closed Thread