It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
(female)

tweiler HB User
Cold sweat?

Does anyone else get cold sweats? I'm only 35 so don't think it's menopause, especially since I have been on Depo since 99 so my PCP says I have already gone through chemical menopause and I will not go through it like most women will. Unfortunately, I have no idea at what age to expect to develop menopause because my mom & both her sisters all had hysterectomies before they hit menopause for various female reasons. I don't get hot flashes, although I frequently feel feverish to my hubby but I don't feel hot to me.

I'm just trying to figure out if this might be the fibro or maybe a med side effect. I have been on the same meds/doses for several months but the cold sweats just started in the last couple. Along with the cold sweats, I get real dizzy and weak but everything passes in just a couple minutes. Kinda reminds me on when I had the flu as a kid and was recovering. I can usually tell when one is coming on because it starts to feel really humid to me and the actual temp has no bearing. I was in a restuarant w/ hubby one night and with the A/C it was cold enough I had a sweater. Then I had a cold sweat and I thought I was going to pass out.

I see my PCP on Monday for med check on my Lexapro but don't know if this is something I need to bring up. In April all my bloodwork, except cholesterol, was within normal limits.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
(female)

snoozyowl HB User
Re: Cold sweat?

Hey Tweiler, I do get occasional cold sweats, dizziness with a weird feeling in my tummy like I'm gonna pass out as well, I went thru the menopause in my early 20s, but recently have started to get hot flushes, I put that down to the fibro and yes it does feel like the flu, worth a mention to your dr just to be safe it may be a med thing, might be time for dosage check, it won't hurt to check will it? Let me know how you get on won't you?Take care keep well Snoozyowl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
(female)

tweiler HB User

I saw my PCP for a med check on Monday and mentioned it to her. She also wanted to see how I was doing on my Lexapro. She said she didn't think it was related to the Lexapro. She asked me about family history of menopause and I told her I had no idea what to expect. My mom and both her sisters had hysterectomies before menopause for various female causes. Their mom had radiation for a back tumor so never went through menopause.

I did get some good news though and I'm thankful for every little improvement. I went on Zocor in April because my cholesterol was high. Dad's family has history of outrageous levels, when my dad had his first tested, his dr had no trouble remembering it when my dad called to get results. His cholesterol was over 1200 and his dr told him he'd never seen anyone with numbers that high who'd never had a heart attack or stroke. So between 4/2007 and 8/2007 my cholesterol went from 213 down to 167, because of the Zocor, walking and fish oil.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey Tweiler, every little helps menapause can take up to several years to complete from beginning to end, but there are products out there, natural and chemical that can help you get thru, well done on the cholestral levels, look forward to your next post. Take care keep well Snoozyowl

Closed Thread