It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

bluehope72 HB User
Lightbulb Fibro. Hope in dealing fibro

Fibromyagia

I have fibromyagia. I would like to hear from any one else with the disease. I would also like to hear any information that might help me in dealing with the disease.

Thank You!!!!

Last edited by bluehope72; 08-04-2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: title

Old 08-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User
Re: fibromyalgia

Bluehope72 Welcome to the Fibro world. Have you just been diagnosed? What type of treatment plan do you have going on. There are quite a few fibro members hear so you will hear from many I am sure. Everyone deals with it differently and there are good days and bad days both mentally and physically. You just have to hang in there and find what works for you. Please keep coming back and everyone will be here when you need. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago but I think it really started about 8 years ago. I didn't really find a doctor that believed there was such a thing until about 18 months ago. Let me know what is going on in your fibro world because I do care.

My thoughts and prayers are with you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey Bluehope72 like yourself I've been recently fibroised Feb this year, I've only just joined this page and found advice, suggestions and humour among the caring fellow fibromites, I wasn't sure about this page as it was, to me, admitting that I had this condition and my life was never going to be the same again and that made me very angry, resentful and frustrated I am still greiving for all the abilities that I have lost, but am slowly, very slowly comin to terms with it, my fellow fibromites have helped me to do that. Thru reading the chats among them, has encouraged me to start to concentrate on the more positive aspects in my life. I will always miss what I have lost, no longer being able to drive my motorbike, but maybe I'll be able to manage a trike, 3 wheels instead of 2, not so bad! I can no longer do my embroidary, annoying but I'm gonna try wood carving Not being able to continue with my job as a nurse is more difficult, I'm still trying to get used to that one. I'm use to being the one that looks after other people, not the other way round. I think the key is take one day at a time, continue with this page to not only get info but to keep in contact with others that know what you are going thru, remember you are not alone. To get a idea of how fibro is affecting you, keep a diary of symptons, pain, fatigue, what activity brings on problems, what helps, it is very very confusing to start with I'm still learning and trying, never stop trying, what works for one doesn't always work for another. I'll stop there as you'll have brain dump before long, come back soon take care Snoozyowl

Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
(female)

last resort HB User
Smile Re: fibromyalgia

After 28 years of battling F, I can truthfully say that I am winning and would be so glad to help anyone out of this pit..The key seems to be in my emotions. I have learned to forgive and let it go daily. The other things like environment, toxins, allergies can be fixed with the right actions and supplements. Never give up or give in is my motto.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
(female)

bluehope72 HB User

Thanks for responding to my ****. Your comments have been appreciated. I am going through a physical hard place right now. I have been forced to slow down (to the point where I am walking with a cane). I know you understand. Be blessed; I will return.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hey Bluehope72 I walk with a a rather snazzy looking, multi-colored cane whenever I go out, indoors I can manage without it but it is essential when I go out I'm postively dangerous otherwise as I appear drunk thru balance and co-ordination problems. I look at it as a fashion accessory and very handy for hooking up things that I've dropped to a point. Try to turn negative into positive it may take time to get the knack but it will help you accept the changes in your life that you face. Look forward to your next post take care and keep well Snoozyowl

Closed Thread