It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
(female)

debdaniel HB User
Talking Lyrica - am I imagining it is working?

Has anyone else tried Lyrica? I am afraid that the difference I feel is temprary. For the first time in many years I have spent hours school shopping, cleaning house, and walking around barefoot. My feet have been in excrutiating pain for years. I could not walk without shoes. Now, I can! I just started the medication Friday. That seems really early to start working. I hope this is not a fluke and I will be back in my hell of pain.

Anyone else have relief from Lyrica?

Old 08-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
(female)

iwannabenormal HB User
Re: Lyrica - am I imagining it is working?

Deb

Are you saying it gave you more energy or just helped with the pain? I picked mine up yesterday and was afraid to take it because of the side effects. I have a very sensitive stomach and most of the side effects are the same thing I'm feeling now. But if it will help with the fatigue I'm willing to try anything. Have you had any side effects?

Marlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

Remember everyone is different. I used it for quite sometime and did not get any relief. I do not want to burst your bubble because it is working for you. So keep using it and congrats. I think it is wonderful for you. There is a commercial out from the drug maker of Lyrica that it does seem to help with Fibro so keep the faith.

Best Wishes!

Keep us Posted

Old 08-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #4
(female)

debdaniel HB User

For months I have endured shots in my feet from Podatrist, could not walk barefoot, pain even when sitting. The pain has been in my feet for several years with no sucess from anything. Within a few days I am walking without the debilitating pain. My co-workers were commenting on my inability to walk correctly but now I jump up from my desk and I walk - normal. I have more energy but I think it comes from not being in such pain. My daughter commented that I seemed happier. That I think is from not being in the constant pain. Hydrocodone did not help the pain. Would not touch it. Even the pains in my hip, arms and hands are better.

I suffer from IBS but have not noticed that my "system" any worse than prior to the meds. If I am not hurting so I think my IBS would be better. I pray this is not temporary. I cannot take the disappointment of being in that pain. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 10 years ago. I did not think I could work the next 3 years to my retirement because of the pain. Now I believe I can!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #5
(female)

debdaniel HB User

Maybe I should have been more specific about the pain. It is not gone completely all the time. Sometimes I feel a soreness but nothing like before. Some of my trigger points are still very sore but for me to be able to walk on my feet - I can tolerate some soreness. Granted I have also been very busy and active on them these past few days.

So, not sure this is going to take away all pain but it is much better - for now.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

I am very happy for you... I don't think it is your imagination either. I think it is wonderful that you can jump up and walk normal. If I were you I would jump up every time I got the chance.

Keep the faith and know that it is working for you. Now that your co-workers have noticed maybe they are afraid you may just be able to run after them and kick their tails if they make you mad Just Kidding. Keep up those jumps and happy walking on those feet.

Have a Wonderful and Jumpy Day!

Best Wishes

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
(female)

gunner00 HB User

I started taking lyrica 50mg and Clonazepam .5mg (at night to help with sleeping) in February 2007.
I had suffered from extreme pain in my hands for over 2 years. At times I could bearly hold a pencil. I was prescribed the dosage for 3 times a day. After reading the side effects and having a sensative stomach I decided to start taking it and increasing my dosages slowly.

My stomach handled it fine and my hands felt better instantly. I have been amazed at how well it has worked. My rhuemi said that the lyrica should not have helped the pain in my hands. That he gave it to me for my back pain and the nerve damage. I told him I don't care why he gave it to me but it works.

Currently, I am only taking one Lyrica pill a day. Three times a day seemed to excessive for me and my overall pain seemed the same weather I took one pill or three.

After all these months it still works and my hands are much better. I have good and bad days but nothing compared to before.

I also was instructed by my rheumi to take fish oil and supplements for my arthritis. And I have really noticed the difference. We went on vacation in July and I forgot to take my meds for a couple of days and I bottomed out. When I got home I started my routine again and I felt better within a couple days. I recommend giving it a try if you can.

I also have been going to a massage therapist to work on relaxing my muscles. She works on my hands/arms/shoulders/neck/upper back and it has helped with the achey feelings I get in my muscles. But it has been a no pain, no gain situation.

Good luck with the Lyrica. Its good to hear a sucess story.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
(female)

anwise67 HB Useranwise67 HB Useranwise67 HB Useranwise67 HB Useranwise67 HB User

I have peripheral neuropathy and have been taking lyrica since Feb. I am currently on 100mg twice a day and 50mg once a day. I did very well with a decrease in pain until about 6 weeks ago. Last week I was changed to 100mg 3x per day but I felt zoned out. This week we cut back to 250mg and I feel like I am doing better. I also take nortriptilyne once a day. Don't be surprised if you level out and have to increase your dose. I think that today I would be bed and house ridden b/c of the pain medicines I was taking. Like you, I am so thankful for lyrica. Good Luck!!

Closed Thread