It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2001, 03:36 PM   #1

MR.JAY HB User
Unhappy painful muscle areas,upper legs,upper arms?

I'm a 38 year old male, with cfs& fms symtoms
for 12 years.before this i was always energentic,and then like a ton of bricks it hit me,and i was never the same since.I did
have e.b.v.at 17.my symtoms are(extreme fatigue,intoxicated feeling,even though i don't drink,muscle aches,headaches)tons of tests,NO DIAGNOSIS,most docs think stress.
Just wondering if anybody has muscle aches in
their upper legs&upper arms which is chronic?
also flulike feeling that come & go? Does
anybody remember how they first started feeling different? does anybody continually
run out of energy by late afternoon,and not
do much in the evening? My wife is very
understanding,although she has thyroid problems,which ironically makes her tired.
Thanks for any info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2001, 03:51 PM   #2

gracieathome HB User
Smile

Hey Mr. Jay
Sounds pretty typical of Fibromyalgia. I know I have the same symptoms and was diagnosed last year. There are physical tests they can do (tender point test) although blood tests show up normal.
There is alot of information at about.com on chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, and I would read through the threads on here too as there is alot of information out there.
Good luck and remember we are here for you.
gracie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2001, 04:03 PM   #3
cioc1212

Welcome Mr.Jay! You do sound like you fit in here. From what I've read, it seems to be more women that get FMS which is why you might be having some trouble getting a diagnosis. Do take the time to read the board and see the other posts, it should be quite helpful. Most people here see either a rheumatologist or a doctor who is board certified in FMS. My symptoms include: exhaustion,insomnia and non-restorative sleep(wake up feeling like I've been hit by a truck),headaches, irritable bowel,TMJ,shoulder and neck pain, lower back pain(degenerative disk),leg aches,balance problems,and many other symptoms, many of which come and go. It is definitely chronic and it has worsened in the last few years. I've recently had some success with feeling better after I've improved my lifestyle habits and started medication, the first step was finding a medication to help me sleep. It's a tough road and you're in good company here!

There is a lot of great information here as well as links to other sites.

Old 01-28-2001, 06:31 PM   #4
Inactive

korken HB User
Smile

Welcome Mr. Jay my husband and I both have fms I take over the home computer a lot so he has to use his at work sometimes. If you read most of the posts from the beginig you will sit for hours but, take your time. I'm sure you will find a lot of really good stuff. Take care, Kim

Kim, offering off board info is not permitted.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-29-2001).]

Old 01-31-2001, 08:50 PM   #5
(male)

bumblebee HB User
Unhappy

Hi Mr. Jay- I'm reading this board for my husband who has pains similar to what you described- he says sometimes it feels like his arm is being stuck with a red-hot poker. He gets medical care at the VA which is minimal and generally not very effective. I think others (doctors especially) have difficulty believing how much pain you're in. It's frustrating explaining over and over and over but never really being believed. Bumblebee

Old 01-31-2001, 09:10 PM   #6
(male)

bumblebee HB User
Mr. Jay- I'm afraid I went off on a bit of a rant about the VA (easy to do) but I'd like to address your post- my husband not only has stabbing muscle pain but he also has problems with fatigue. He used to collapse in his chair by noon (we both work at home) but he had surgery for sleep apnea two years ago- it has helped his energy level a lot. Now it's the odd day when he is drained (used to be every day!) Is there any chance you have a sleep disorder? Seems like I read it's pretty common with fibromyalgia. BB

Closed Thread