It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Low Blood pressure, brain fog, lack of concentration, fatigue and pain

Does anyone know if there is a correlation between the drop in BP, brain fog and lack of concentration, when you're having a flare?
When I can barely move from the fatigue, and am in a lot of pain, it seems my BP is really low.
How low is low? Mine is 88 over 50 with a pulse rate of 96. It went up to 94 over 56. This is pretty much how it's been for the last week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
(female)

snoozyowl HB User
Re: Low Blood pressure, brain fog, lack of concentration, fatigue and pain

Hey Tawnyjade, That b/p is low, hope you have had a doc check, may need meds to help, its important Tawnyjade, b/p dipping even more when you flare, no wonder you are fatigued, low b/p will make you even more tired, do you get dizzy when standing first thing? lack of concentration and fogginess may also be worse due to the the low b/p and then its all being aggrevated by a fibro flare! Us fibromites do go thru it 10 fold and then some!! Get checked Tawnyjade, tell your doc whats going on, if you've been checked etc, then I'm sorry for sounding so urgent, please keep us posted, take care and try to keep well Snoozyowl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
(female)

tawnyjade HB User

Thank you for the reply!
I take it that the BP dropping isn't something I have in common with the rest of you fibro sufferors.
I saw my wonderful GP today. (She really is great!) More bloodwork tomorrow. Oh, boy.
Yes, I am dizzy. Even when I'm just sitting.
Maybe they'll figure something out that will help.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
(female)

were2alike HB User

Yes I understand and go through the same thing when my blood pressure gets very low and I can't get it up for 4to5 days I call of from work fear of fainting and going to the emergency by ambulance because it cost so much. my symptoms is lost of energy face pain, and elbows ,legs and pelvic pain. b/p 80/50 in the early morning.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

I was looking for a thread about low blood pressure . Is this bad ?
My iron count is always low , and my blood pressure to. I just had surgery last week and the nurse was very scared about my pressure ,she kept on waking me up every 15 minutes to see if I was ok . I get dizzy spells all the time to. I was going to this Dr. about my blood . He just put me on Iron pills and couldn't figure me out. He checked for cancer and stuff but I was clean. He thought I was loosing blood somewhere. I don't to much because of my back injury so I'm thinking maybe it's because I don't get enough exercise ? Any input ? Sorry for stepping on this thread .

Old 08-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
(female)

snoozyowl HB User

Hi My Fellow Fibro Gals, low b/p is as bad as high b/p, if not a tad worse as it can indicate internal bleeding after surgery, that is why the nurse was checking you every 15 mins. That is normal routine, waking you was a good thing believe it or not, bet you weren't impressed though For low iron in blood work try eating dark green veg like spinach, (we'll having you looking like Popeye in no time giggle )a really good source of iron is water cress, munch away on that, another one is broccalli, there is a lot to choose from veg-wise. Your not stepping on anyone's toes, the b/p was mentioned in the thread's title and we all learn from everyone else on here. It seems to be a more common thing with fibro - low b/p, I'm reading more and more posts mentioning it, so perhaps its just coming to light? Exercise can help as it gets the blood flowing quicker, just be careful and check with your docs every step of the way. Low b/p can also cause dizziness, lightheadedness, lack of concentration, blurriness of vision, aching muscles, even fainting, but then these symptoms could also be fibro so take care. Shawley so glad you were clean of cancer etc ain't it enough we got fibro? All you girls take care, try to keep well, big fluffy fibro hugs Snoozyowl ps, my doc would be pleased if my b/p came down a bit, then I would have one less med to take Giggle

Closed Thread