It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2001, 03:28 PM   #1

terri48 HB User
Post Petrified..pain in outer vaginal lips

For the past month, I have had a dull ache on and off in the area covered by hair. Both outer lips started hurting at the same time, and sometimes where it meets the inner thigh. I will see my gyn but I don't have a vaginal or bladder infection, the pain is on the outside. This is something entirely new, but having fibromyalgia, we do get weird new symptoms. Has anyone ever had this or know what it could be? I can't find this one in the books. Thank you.

Old 07-04-2001, 05:53 PM   #2

Valerie HB User
Hi Terri. This sounds like it could possibly be vulvodynia, which some dr.s believe is another condition related to the underlying problems we know as FM. If you haven't heard of VV before, you may want to do a search for it on-line. There is alot of information available and many recommendations for dealing with the discomfort that can help. Your gyn may diagnose you with this, but, like FM, it's another one of those things they dx by ruling out everything else first.

Good luck,

Val

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2001, 08:11 PM   #3

Nature HB User
Unhappy

Yes I've experienced this same thing too. It didnt last longer than a day or 2, even though its happened several different times I never seeked medical advise about it.
I hope your pain eases up soon.

Sincerely,
Nature

Old 07-04-2001, 11:25 PM   #4
cioc1212

Terri, make sure they do a culture to rule out yeast. You can have low levels of yeast infection with pain and/OR itching being the only symptoms, sometimes its just soreness with no itching.

Old 07-07-2001, 07:34 AM   #5

lj-111 HB User
Red face

Terri,

It does seem to be connected at least by statistics and even right here on this thread..

Just about the only thing to help it is to refrain from jeans or tight shorts or any thing restricting. Get lots of air when ever possible.. When it starts hurting, go some where, (bedroom, bathroom)and free your crotch area of all clothing and get some air to it for at least 4-5 minutes.

Always see your GYN yearly.. If it is a long time before your next appointment and your worried, make a new one and tell her about your problem just in case...

lj

Old 07-07-2001, 11:18 AM   #6

KaHigRN HB User
Hello, I had the same symptoms about 2 yrs ago, before I was diagnosed with FM. For me, my uterus had prolapsed and I required a hysterectomy or a uteran lift. I opted for the hyst since I was done having kids and it was the only 100% cure option. The feeling of aching and "heaviness" best described what I felt, was from the uterus falling and putting pressure on the vaginal opening. I felt like I had a baby sitting there waiting to be pushed out. It was awful. I also had a lot of backache from the ligaments being pulled down from the uterus. I felt great for about a yr after they hyst, but then the backaches came back and with all the other symptoms I was dx with FM. Just wanted to let you know what I went through so you can examine it and decide if it might be a problem or not. I believe in looking at every angle before deciding with your dr what the problem could be. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2001, 11:31 PM   #7

lj-111 HB User
KahigRn,

hmmmmmm.. I am wondering if perhaps that may be the source of my back pain. Did it hurt mostly with ambulation? Mine does at the sacral/lumbar region. Given my GYN history, I may as well have a bum uterus too!!

lj

Ps... Did your Gyno find that in regular exams? The last time I went in she couldn't even reach mine.. That seems opposite though.. I better check into this..

Closed Thread