It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2002, 02:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Post Early morning leg pain/Fibromyalgia

Hi! I just wanted to know whether or not anyone out there has experienced tremendous leg pain(from the top of the thigh to the feet)and the pain usually starts cramping from the knee cap area. I get this pain every now and then, and people tell me to eat more potassium, or massage my knee,but, it just won't work for me. I have actually had both of my legs go "out" on me at the same time and I have had to drag myself out of bed and crawl on to the floor to get to the bathroom in the morning. I feel "crippled". It usually takes a while to get my legs back to normal.I have mild lupus and I have been told by many doctors that I have fibromyalgia. I want to know if this is a symptom of one of these two illnesses/conditions? I also have one collapsing knee which doctors have said is not normal. I am in my late thirties and I got lupus in my mid-thirties and the doctors are still telling me that it isn't normal for me to have these problems. What's correct and what am I suffering from? Thanks, nightowl2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2002, 04:00 PM   #2
Inactive

korken HB User
Smile

Boy, those doctors sound really incouraging, right.

They don't know and don't know who to send you to so they are doing nothing?

FMS pain can be any where you have ligaments,muscles, the connective tissues. It can migrate and has so many different variables.

We are not doctors but, research and learn all you can.There are a couple posts on this board that have some great links. New To Board.... and ......IN A NUT SHELL.

The leg just releasing could be a few different things that I can think of and I am sure there are many other reasons. I would see as many docs as it took to find out. Had an MRI? Seen an orothopidic surgeon? That type of thing.

------------------
Take care ~Kim & Gary~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2002, 10:48 PM   #3
cioc1212

The leg pain has been consistantly one of my worst symptoms for almost 2 years now. It feels like the muscles knot up and I've had the knee problems too. A suggestion is to get some PT for knee exercises, you can strengthen the muscle above the kneecap and this helps more than anything else.

For the muscle pain, I've used hot baths, massage and exercise(bike & treadmill) also Ultram and Skelaxin in combination do help a lot.

Do you have any blood clotting problems? There is a slight chance my leg pain could be deep vein thrombosis or an odd blood clotting disorder (I had a PE this past summer at age 34).

The leg pain really stinks.

Old 01-22-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question

Hi!, just wanted to know what the last writer meant when they said they got a PE? I didn't understand. But, yes as for the leg pain, it IS a pain! I have been really lucky lately,it has not bothered me. I still get more tired than most people and yet I am always on the go(I have attention defecit disorder)but, I am not a hyper person unless I am on sugar! It's hard to describe but, I am a busy person ,you know when I need or want to be, but, lupus and fibro' slow me WAY down at times.What also plagues me more than a lot of people ,is that I know that I am always freezing cold... that has to be lupus right? (I have been tested for this and have mild lupus) I am so cold that I literally have to ignore this because I work outside a lot.I have to move around a lot more and keep busy.Does anyone have this problem? Just curious...thanks for all the great advice...Nightowl2

[This message has been edited by nightowl2 (edited 01-22-2002).]

Closed Thread