It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2002, 01:25 PM   #1

fibromyalgiasufferer HB User
Question fibromyalgia scholarships

I am a 19 yr old college student suffering from fybromyalgia, IBS, and clinical depression who is looking for scholarships. If anyone knows of any scholarships concerning this, I would appreciate the information. Thanks

Old 05-20-2002, 02:13 PM   #2
Inactive

korken HB User
Smile

Hello and welcome ,

I have a son with FMS and is in colledge he's just about to turn 19. Some one else asked about FMS scholarships none of us knew of any but, have you asked your councilar or student aid dept yet?

If you do find something out please let us all know. Wish I could help you more on that one.

Good luck :

------------------
Take care ~Kim & Gary~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2002, 05:08 PM   #3

fibromyalgiasufferer HB User
Cool

Kim and Gary,
Thank you for responding. It is good to know that I am not the only one out there that is this young. I haven't talked to my school about it because they do not give any disability/illness-related scholarships or financial aid. I will try to find out more soon.
Ash

Old 07-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
(female)

Fibrogirl18 HB User
Re: fibromyalgia scholarships

You're not alone I'm only 18 and I have fibro, and a couple other medical problems and I've been trying to find out since I was diagnose if their were any scholarships for fibro, but so far I haven't found a single thing.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

I would check with your local Vocational Rehab as they sometimes help children with disabilities with their educational needs.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

When I was in college, there was an Office of Disability Concerns as well as another similar office off-campus. They provided a little of my housing for me.

Closed Thread