It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2002, 02:42 PM   #1

aev30 HB User
Question Fibromyalgia/anxiety connection?

Anyone else suffer from anxiety/panic along with fibromyalgia? I don't know if the fibromyalgia causes the anxiety and depression or if it is the other way around. I am in pain almost always with a daily headache-my breastbone is tender, shoulders feel like they are burning sometimes and muscles there are always tense. Oh and sometimes my whole face is tender with all this-usually when there is a drastic weather change. I am only 30 and had to give up my full time job because I feel so lousy all the time. So my anxiety issues are pretty bad right now and I am in pain. Anyone else relate to any of this???

Old 10-21-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
Inactive

batman777 HB User
Although I am not a doctor (idiots!), I believe that the master glands (pineal, addrenal, pituitary, hypothymus, thyroid) have gone out of sync causing an immune or autoimmune disorder. And I believe that FM is an immune disorder.

I am taking the following to control my FM symptoms with remarkable success:
low dose naltrexone (LDN), high doses of melatonin at night, high doses of pregnenolone 4X daily (not a steroid), vinpocetine 4X daily, and oddly enough Veinotonic II 4X daily (very important).

The low dose naltrexone (3mg) needs a prescription.

I wish other people would try this regimen to see if it works for them.

You can find information on internet on all of the above.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2002, 08:40 PM   #3
Inactive

batman777 HB User
I can relate to all of your problems!!!

Old 10-22-2002, 06:55 AM   #4
Inactive

tolern HB User

[This message has been edited by tolern (edited 08-23-2003).]

Old 10-22-2002, 04:16 PM   #5
(female)

la_brat HB User
Anxeity happens with any illness. Just because you can't get done the things you want or are used to doing. Worry about bills and outcome.

FMS also gives some people extra. Our two daughters experience other times of anxeity also. If there is a storm front passing through (barometric pressure changes), is one that we have pin pointed.

Old 10-22-2002, 05:33 PM   #6

mfry32 HB User
Anxiety and fibro are related I believe. I'm on medication for panic attacks. As for weather changes,
I always go through a flair up when the weather changes. This is certainly not an easy disease to cope
with.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia/anxiety connection?

Oh yes defiantly connected. I have had panic attacks since I was little 8 years old maybe. It started getting worse in HS. I was then put on meds. I'm on 3 different kinds of medication so that I can function. Xanax works wonders for me the only thing that can bring me down from the attack. These past few years when all the Fibro started my attacks got even worse. I believe Fibro brings on Anxiety, Anxiety makes the Fibro and pain worse. It's a vicious circle.

I also read on a website that 25% are Diagnosed with Fibro that have Anixety and Panic attack disorders. Lots of times when I have had attacks I feel like I can't breath I get a book and start reading and I focus on the words and it calms my breathing down.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

My doctor told me that many times they go hand in hand. I don't know if all have it but I had to see a physchiatrist which helped tremendously. I still have the anxiety and panic but it's controllable with medicine.
Sophie 56

Old 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
(female)

limey26 HB User

I have had Fibro since 1990, started getting panic attacks about 6 months in, a very wise doctor gave me the best explanation of a panic attack, It is excess adrenellin in our system, he advised me to do something physical when I felt the panic start to set in. The next time I had a panic attack I got on my hands & knees and started cleaning the floor. or anything else I could find. Guess what IT WORKED> I have told several people I know who suffer from Panic disorder to do this. Besides keeping your house cleaner it sure works.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
(female)

Marisap HB User

My anxiaty come when day after day i get up of bed tired. I go to bed at night thinking that the next day i willo be able to clean and organize my home, only to got up the next day with not desire at all and very tires, foggy mind. I'm a water aerobic instructor and this help a lot, but when i'm in home i feel miserable and I start to think that this siknness is getting worse.and worse, and worse. If i'm only can have energy and desire of do things.

Closed Thread