It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #1

Dawnsmist HB User
Post Fibro-fog at work and how do you handle it?

I have had a lot of trouble with forgetfulness while working. Sometimes, what I read or what someone had just said, doesn't register. I keep saying what? or I'm sorry could you repeat that? How do you handle the problem? What kind of job do you have and were you ever afraid of being dismissed? I was told, "If you can't handle the job, then you shouldn't be here" by an employer. (Probably a true statement.) I hope this isn't to personal. Thanks for any suggestions. Dawnsmist

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2002, 05:34 PM   #2
Inactive

batman777 HB User
Try taking pregnenolone before you go to sleep and when you wake up- Your fibro-fog and depression will go away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2002, 01:25 PM   #3

Dawnsmist HB User
Smile

Hello Bat, I am sorry but I cannot find pregnenolone in my drug book or on the Internet. Could you please tell me where I can find more information about it, or tell me more about it. It isn't pregnenedione (progesterone) is it? Or something you can get OTC or at a health food store. I would like to be more informed before I approach my doctor about it. I have a prescription for Evista but the hot flashes were pretty tough to deal with so I stopped them for a time. (Evista is for osteroporosis prevention and for menopause.) It is a more natural drug than Premarin. But you need to be in menopause for 5 years before it is prescribed. Please enlighten me and thank you for the suggestion. Sincerely, Dawnsmist

Old 10-28-2002, 01:31 PM   #4

Dawnsmist HB User
Smile

I meant osteoporosis, (oops spelling!)Thanks for a reply. Dawnsmist (again)!

[This message has been edited by Dawnsmist (edited 10-28-2002).]

Old 10-28-2002, 10:51 PM   #5
Inactive

batman777 HB User
Pregnenolone is available at vitamin stores without a prescription. I suspect that you mis-spelled it, when you did an internet search, because there are a zillion websites on the topic.

Another good product to try is "Ascend & See" from Life Enhancement Products in Petaluma, CA - They are also on internet. You will literally awake from the dead in the morning. It does not contain any questionable or risky supplements.

But the best to try first is pregnenolone. Try using 20mg before sleep at nite & 30mg in the morning. You may have to adjust the dosage to your bodys response. There is a very large dosage window for experimentation (300mg).

Please leave a post on your results.

Old 10-29-2002, 08:16 AM   #6
Inactive

tolern HB User

[This message has been edited by tolern (edited 08-23-2003).]

Old 10-30-2002, 10:32 AM   #7
Inactive

batman777 HB User
Pregnenolone is only part of the answer. My other posts suggest that you take the following:

Low Dose Naltrexone- deals with the autoimmune aspect of FM (the most important), Prescription required- check out the low dose naltrexone website

Pregnenolone- has multispectrum benefits including autoimmune

Vinpocetine- has multispectrum benefits, deals with circulatory problems in brain and elsewhere that FM causes

Veinotonic II- deals with circulatory aspects of FM (very important)

Taking the above will reduce full blown FM symptoms 70-90%

Old 10-30-2002, 10:33 AM   #8
Inactive

batman777 HB User
forgot to mention that melatonin before sleep is also important

Old 10-30-2002, 02:22 PM   #9

Dawnsmist HB User
Thumbs up

Thank you for the information. I have saved the information on Naltrexone and will request the prescription from my doctor. I will also try pregnenolone and vinpocetine since I now know where to find it. A month ago at my doctor's appointment I showed him the bottles of magnesium, melatonin, and multivitamins I was taking. He didn't have much to say about them other than, "Whatever helps." That is one reason I am on the message board so much recently, as we can help one another....in different ways. I appreciate any information. As for my job or jobs...It has been most difficult because I went from professional hospital work to part-time-anything-I-could-get, with less stress, less physical work and less mental demand. My work history has gone downhill for the past ten years. I had unknowningly been trying to do less because of fibro and other health problems. It is hard to change careers at my age. But I have been looking into working from my home. I have spent three years doing home study and earning college credits from home so that eventually I don't have to work with the stress of on the job production. Yes, I told my employer about fibro-but there are so many younger people that can do the work waiting for the opportunity to grab the job. (Small town, not many jobs available.) There are periodic job performance evaluations and I have to sign them with check marks beside things like: 1) she tires easily, 2) she needs repeated instructions, etc. I am in a complaining mood, sorry, but it ticks me off because I used to train employees, I taught CPR classes, etc. I used to do evaluations on employees. It is hard to go from supervisor to general employee!! (Not in the same job at the same place, thank goodness.) I have had a real struggle giving up a good career. So my present position is not that important but still makes me feel like I am worth something, somewhere. My home studies are important to me, more than the job because eventually working from home will be my job. I am putting this on the message board because I want others to know that there may be alternatives when one has to change ones lifestyle. I guess the main thing is don't "just give up."
I will certainly give anything a try and when my doctor gives me low-dose Naltrexone I will let you know how I am doing on it and the pregnenolone 'cause the fibr-fog gets really thick at times. And to all; my sincere appreciation for your replys and suggestions. Dawnsmist

Old 10-30-2002, 05:15 PM   #10
Inactive

batman777 HB User
Doctors don't know about Low Dose Naltrexone!!!!! (they are idiots!)

Your only hope in getting a prescription is to go to the Low Dose Naltrexone website and print it out. Then take the literature to the doctor and nag/pursuade him into giving you a prescription to try it out (pray before doing this).

First call and then fax the prescription to one of the pharmacies listed on the Low Dose Naltrexone website. You will have to do this because Low Dose Naltrexone is not on the shelf of most pharmacies. This is because Low Dose Naltrexone has to be compounded by the pharmacy from scratch. Most pharmacies do not compound drugs anymore.

Old 10-31-2002, 06:30 AM   #11
Inactive

tolern HB User

[This message has been edited by tolern (edited 08-23-2003).]

Old 10-31-2002, 09:40 AM   #12
Inactive

batman777 HB User
The regular 50mg naltrexone is useless and will not work. You have to do a search for "low dose naltrexone".

Look up my previous post of "This treatment may minimize many FM symptoms" - The moderator allowed me to list the website.

[This message has been edited by batman777 (edited 10-31-2002).]

Old 10-31-2002, 10:52 AM   #13

4eversick HB User
Smile

I handles this by starting the guaifenesin protocol and have been on it for over 3 years now. When I started, my memory was terrible and I kept repaeting questions and what I was saying, over and over again. I probably drove my husband, family and friends nuts at the time. I know they were really concerned for me and didn't know what to do. I was so bad that in clear moments I thought about signing all my rights over to my hubby but the doctor said to wait. Over this time I can now think clearer, don't repeat like I did back then and am aware of my surroundings. It gets better with time and I have found that when I go through the "cycling process" I think and see very clear. The cycling process is what I think of as detoxifing and eliminating the toxins from our bodies. An friend of mine has an niece who detoxifies the toxins from her body and feels better as well in this manner. It also helps with pain intensity as well, but not with the being chemically sensitive. I find that when I get an chemically reaction and become weak and sick that it puts me into an cycling process and when I finally flush the toxins out of my system, I feel better. If you do decide to detoxify please do your research and speak with your doctor as well.

I like having my system cleansed...

4eversick

Old 10-31-2002, 05:15 PM   #14
(female)

la_brat HB User
Our youngest has help with the clearing of fibro-fog from Chlorpromazine, 50 mg, nightly.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:24 PM   #15

Esoteric HB User
I have found that Fibrofog is worse on high pain days, or when I have become too tired. Often that is my key to "quit" and to do brainless tasks for that day. I guess that's not an option when you are working.
request that instructions be given to you in writing. Sometimes if you can read something several times, it will finally sink in.

Closed Thread