It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

cantell HB User
Health insurance?? huh??

as you all know of now about all the americans who have lost their health insurance. I am one of thoes people because I dont work..and my husband is also but he works thank goodness he is healthy but if he gets sick or hurt on the job??? We found out that alot of employers dont even offer health insurance with the job now days cause they cant afford the insurance either..then some do the catch? it would cost my husband 900 ben's a WEEK to cover just him and me..no kids through his job now. well needless to say that is way beyond our pocket books. (the office salared employees all have this insurance) he is hourly employee. and, he does good to support the both of us and yes I feel like a hugh burden on him... Stress

Anyway, last night watching the news I heard Hilliry clinton is calling for universal health insurance. OH MY! would'nt it be great if america could offer desent afffordable health care to its people?

Anyway I recently had to "fire" my doctor and seek another one. reason's for firing my doc was because I could not understand her.. the other reason is she gave me enough pills to fly me to the moon and back with out ever leaving my living room floor. The positive about this doctor was It only cost me 20 bucks to pay upfront for my visits which helped ALOT! so changing doctors was not an easy decission based on finanancial reasoning.

New doc..seems caring and interested in my health? first visit cost me a whopping 115.00 up front..ouch!!! humm one visit down.
since then went to er due to chest pain. not a heart attack but was told to get a stress test done..new doc office called me and said that the local hospital would not do the stress test because I had no insurance!!
that I needed to call the hospital and talk to them about it. how ashamed that made me feel.. more stress.

so, I call and was told that the stress test would cost me 2200.00 but since I had no insurance they would knock off 60%. and IF I could pay that off in a month they would knock off another 2% ending ballance would be 836.00.

I inturuped the lady then and said: sayyyyy whaaaaatttt! nope, not gonna happen I will just take my chances right? well, the lady then mentioned finacial planning something or the other and all I had to do was fill out a form and once approved they would secudule the stress test for me to do. if not approved I am sure that stress test will never be done.. more stess

my thoughts are: she already knew that I had no insurance..why did she not mention the financial planing help right up front?
and she knew I was supposed to get a stress test done..are these people told to stress non insured people out more?? geeze even if I didnt have a problem with my heart I would have said I did and be truthfull about it when she told me how much this test would cost me.

it is sooo amazing that so many other people now are left with no health insurance.. our local news chanel is more worried about changing a street name and people wearing their pants down below their hinny where their underware shows..Hello!!!! this is old news!!! and the fad is all but fad out anyway!!! our governer??? well he is wanting somebody, anybody that has a red cedar tree to donate it to him so's he can have a pretty christmas tree for out side his house this christmas..crap I dont have time to grow one for him now!!! LOL ..I think he even wants it to be 32-34 feet high??? ok...well I am sure you can guess what I think about our local news and governer by now. LOL just stressed out and disgusted.
Blue, was that you that posted about breathing tricks..could you repete that for me please cause I could sure use it today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Health insurance?? huh??

Cantell, you are so right about the plight of the uninsured or even the underinsured. In switching jobs and careers our daughter is running into the lousy but expensive health insurance problem. She has such a high deductible it is ridiculous. Then, with our grandsons visits to the ER this last month, our DIL was talking about how bad their deductible was and how expensive insurance is and our son is VP of his company. I was shocked at what insurance cost them and how high the deductible is.

I really don't know how you and those without insurance make it. My hats off to you to continue to fight for your healthcare and advocate for your own medical attention. I guess the hospital has to push to get those who can to agree to pay a reduced fee for tests. It does seem ridiculous though, if you had the money to pay for the tests wouldn't you have insurance?

You hang in there and do Blues deep breathing exercises. I'm sure she will be on here and give them to you. I don't always remember to deep breath when stressed but I do try to take a few relaxing breaths when I go to bed to try to relax. I hope all comes out good with your stress test.

Glojer

Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 AM   #3
(female)

cantell HB User
Re: Health insurance?? huh??

Hello there glojer, thanks for the reply. I was for sure venting.
update: and warning!! another long post!

I was feeling foggy yesterday and the burning/stinging pain between my shoulders were nagging me pretty bad but, I finally got the energy to take my shower and get dressed by 12 noon but then I knew that everyone at the hospital would be gone to lunch so I needed to rest again before I would need to leave the house...I truly truly hate to leave my house by myself now days. but I really need this help to get the test done.
I have a 1989 ford fistiva and it chirps like a very loud sick bird!
but, thats not why I hate to leave the house..anyway I start out and relize that I forgot where the hospital is! (I have been to this hospital numurous times) I kinda have an vague general direction in mind and talked myself out of a panic attack..I missed the road, had to cut threw a parking lot, pulled into wrong parking lot, almost didnt see a car comming right at me, finally found the emergency room parking lot. by now my car is really on a roll with the chirping..so here I land the thing in a parking spot right up front.(cause I loose my car in parking lots) I am completely unsure of what door to go in or where this lady is I need to talk to. I pick a door and there is a front desk but no one is about..right down from there I spot a lady and ask her where the business office is..she tells me by pointing and directions..needless to say I ended up in the er lost..low and behold this same lady comes by several minutes later and see's me and I said I cant find it..she walked with me out of er and pointed to the door which had no sign on it and it was right beside where the lady had first been when I seen her..arggggg..she told me it was 2 doors down to the left. ok breath..I go in and fill out a form which took about 2 seconds but I could not for the life of me remember the date..then the month..to my horror I started out loud reciting the 12 months...then I was completly lost again..anyway, the lady helped me figure this out by telling me the month, date and year..I was approved for help that will pay for the test only..breath!!!
I walk out of that office feeling pretty pleased with myself for the positive out come of the visit... then by the time I found the sliding doors to exit and had my car spotted I started feeling I had lost something!! my keys! I turned around and headed back 1/2 way a girl came running up to me with my keys.
breath deeper!!!!!
whew..I made it home and it was like heaven to get inside the front door..I felt safe again. I know I sound like a raving loonitick! I dont know what is causeing this mental stuff I have been so strong all my life and it seems to have come on all of a sudden and getting worse as time passes..stress????..if I dont laugh at some of it atleast I would go mad..hummm I guess as long as I talk about it I have not lost the war yet..its when I stop talking about it that scares me! (now thats a thought)

once home I immediately made one large banana pudding and a 2 layer devil food cake with chocolate pudding icing..I put cool whip,sour cream, creamcheese in it. (a reward)? I didnt care if the cake looked like something a cat harked up it made me feel good just to know I accompliced something with out screwing it up.

Closed Thread