It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2002, 11:16 AM   #1

foodie HB User
Question Questions about Flexeril

I started Flexeril last night and took 10mg before I went to bed. How long does the grogginess last the next day? Or is it just me?

Old 09-06-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
Inactive

Copper HB User
Hi foodie,

The gogginess, when I took fexaril, would last all day. I never did acclimate to it so that went away. Eventually, I just stopped taking it.

Several years ago, as a face painter, I did find 1/4-1/2 pill helpful to keep from (muscle)spasing out. It kept the edge away to finish out the days work and there was no gogginess involved.

Off subjest question: hows your weather there? I'm in Sonoma County, and it has been VERY weird - 'earthquake weather', ya know? So, I was wondering if you're having the same thing there?

------------------
Copper
Let Miracles Replace all Grievances

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2002, 01:10 PM   #3

foodie HB User
Our weather has cool down considerably and may even drizzle a bit. Strange! Thanks for the info on flexeril. I think I am going to continue to take it because it helped with the sleep and the pain. I just wanted to know about the out of it feeling. I'll take sleep where I can get it.

Old 09-06-2002, 03:22 PM   #4

BlessingsGalore HB User
Cool

Please inquire of your doctor about Zanaflex. It is a much better drug to me. Not so many side affects and helps a lot more too. I had leg jerks, sudden weakness and just a drugged feelings on flexeril. I hate that drug.

We are all different but I and many others have found Zanaflex to be a FRIEND indeed. We've got weather here today too, and I am so grateful to have it for I am spasing out today.

BY THE WAY...we are coming to CA next week for about 10 days. Starting in San Fran and then driving up to the Redwood Forrest and then back down Old Hwy 1 to LA. I was wondering how the weather had been out there, ..... I saw where a cool front moving in out there on weather.com.

What do I need to bring...layers, sweater ? Thanks for the input.

Health and Blessings to you,

------------------
Blessed <><

Old 09-09-2002, 03:10 AM   #5

MARTI K HB User
Thumbs up

HELLO..
I HAVE USED FLEXERIL, ZANAFLEX AND ELAVIL TO TRY TO HELP WITH THE SLEEP PROBLEMS.
I WAKE EVERY HOUR AND ONLY GET A TOTAL OF 3 - 4 HRS. A NIGHT.
I HAVE FOUND THAT FLEXERIL IS THE ONLY ONE THAT GIVES ME A FULL NIGHTS SLEEP WITH OUT WAKING UP FOR AT LEAST 6 - 8 HRS.
IT DOES MAKE ME KINDA FUZZY ALL DAY, BUT THE BENEFITS OF GETTING A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP WITH FIBRO OUTWEIGHT THE FUZZINESS BY FAR!!

GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND FEEL BETTER!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif

Old 09-09-2002, 12:30 PM   #6
Inactive

Copper HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by BlessingsGalore:
BY THE WAY...we are coming to CA next week for about 10 days. Starting in San Fran and then driving up to the Redwood Forrest and then back down Old Hwy 1 to LA. I was wondering how the weather had been out there, ..... I saw where a cool front moving in out there on weather.com.
What do I need to bring...layers, sweater ? Thanks for the input. Health and Blessings to you,
Hi BlessingsGalore
Yep, all of the above. As a native Californian, I prepare for ANY weather when out, especially when traveling the length of the state. I always have a supply of 'changeables' in my trunk. Since you are doing both inland and coast, you will probably travel back and forth from hot to foggy. North coast is generally foggy this time of year, where mid & south coast are warmer. But, inland, it's pretty toasty statewide.

Have a WONDERFUL trip, this is a FUN place to visit!

------------------
Copper
Let Miracles Replace all Grievances

Old 09-16-2002, 01:15 AM   #7
Veteran

thisstarr HB User
Flexeril does not do a thing to me...Soma is a good one to try, it seems to work a little more then the flexeril..but know matter what I take I cant sleep!

Old 09-16-2002, 10:20 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

pixiepoodle HB User
When I tried Flexeril, it put me out of commission for at least 12 hrs. I would take it as soon as I left work at 5:30 pm and I would still be groggy the next morning. Having said that, after reading several other replies, its like any other drug - not everyone gets the same effect. I had better results with Soma since it works for only about 4 hrs. The first 1/2 hr. after it kicked in made me really goofy, so I wsa very careful what time of the day I took it, i.e, as soon as I got up so by the time I left for work I could drive; right before I ate lunch so by the end of my lunch hr., I could function again; and as soon as I left work so it would just be kicking in as I arrived home.

Old 11-20-2002, 01:46 PM   #9
Inactive

cioc HB User
I found that eventually that wore off for me. After a few weeks. Flexaril was very helpful to me. It also helps with deep sleep if sleep is an issue for you. Try taking it earlier in the evening if it's making you groggy in the am's. If you're taking it at 11pm try taking it at 8 or 9pm instead. Or maybe cutting back the dose. Or cutting it back then building it up. I find that sometimes the docs START me on too high a dose instead of building me up to one.

Old 01-20-2003, 09:51 AM   #10

Victorianrose HB User
I take flexeril. I have found i need to take it earlier in the evening. (5:00) It takes some time to get used to it.

Closed Thread