It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Post Pain in fingers and toes too?

Does Fibro also cause pain in fingers and toes, or is that arthritis? I know for sure that I have arthritis in my neck, TMJ and knees as it's shown up on x-rays, but I don't know about the other areas. Does anyone else have pain in their fingers and toes too? Thanks. Sue

Old 04-14-2003, 04:07 AM   #2

just2southernguys HB User
Wink

Hey Sue! Have you been diagnosed with Fibro? Pain in your fingers and toes can be Fibro-related, especially if you feel pain sometimes all over ... Generalized Pain Syndrome, which is associated with Fibro and CFS. I have pain in my toes, as well as other places, but the pain in my right toes have been so severe that I have to use a cane to walk. If you haven't been diagnosed, write down your symptoms, even things you wouldn't think of telling your doctor, and have an 18 point check ... there are other things as well you can look for, but I won't go into all that. I hope this helps. m.k.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2003, 02:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi mk: No, I haven't been diagnosed yet. I didn't think that Fibro could affect fingers and toes b/c no one had ever posted that before. Thanks for the info. Sue

Old 04-15-2003, 03:51 PM   #4

evelina_2003 HB User
Yes! pain the in fingers. As a matter of fact, I was diagnosed, about 26 years ago as having tendonitis of my wrist, because it hurt so much, and the pain would radiate to my hands, (fingers). I have always had trouble carrying my babies, picking them up, and sometimes things just drop out of my hands. It's only gotten worse. hand/wrist braces don't help.

I suspected maybe it was this new thing called carpal tunnel (sp?) syndrome. I was tested for it, but no nerve compression. The only thing I didn't have three years ago or so was the tingling and numbness in the hands/fingers, which I now have.

My fingers have always hurt. I do not have arthritis, nor tendonitis, nor carpal tunnel. (I heard that the test is not conclusive. They did the test in where they instert needles into my shoulder and arms and send a small electrical charge -- long-long-LONG needles). I sometimes can't make my fingers do what I want them to do...been that way now for the past 5 years or so.

This fibermyalgia problem has always revovled around my hands. And it is only this past month or two that my feet/legs/hips are starting to hurt. When I could run, one of my feet would ache so badly at about the 2 mile mark, I could barely make it home, but I ran anyhow. I would be limping - it seemed a toe or two was hurting so badly causing that pain.

I've really been very angry at my diagnosis, (about 4 years ago.) I've lived in pain so many years. From the fingers and hands, including the wrist, it went up my arm, to my shoulder, (about 10 or 11 years ago), and then about 4 or 5 years into my neck.

I read about RSI, which is what I feel I have. Repeatative Stess Injury. I mean, why else would the pain start at my hands, and work it's way up over the years?

I have a very high tolerance to pain, as doctors have found out over the years: giving birth, broken teeth/fillings and dental work, and other injuries. But, the chronic pain drains me, and because of my high pain tolerance I didn't take pain meds for years. Finally the doctors argued with me that it is a quality of life issue, and that pain meds for the small modest pains helps control the bigger pains. It was true...to a point.

Anyhow, yes for the fingers -- man they hurt! I've never mentioned my feet and toes to the doc that diagnosed me with fibermyalgia, but when I was running, my heel hurt so badly for so many months that I had to have it x-rayed only to find out nothing was wrong with it, so I'm attributing that to fibro too.

Hope this helps.

Evelina

Old 04-16-2003, 03:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Evelina: I'm so sorry that you're suffering like that. Luckily, my fingers and toes are OK lately. It's my right hip that aches and hurts so much. I don't have fatigue either, even though I don't sleep that well.

Thank you for the information and I hope you get some much-needed relief soon. Sue

Old 02-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
(female)

laura61 HB User
Re: Pain in fingers and toes too?

Hi, I was just recently diagnosed.I am very quickly pregressing.I have pain all over my body and VERY stiff! I also have a very weird sensation on all my skin. It is a tingly feeling and feels like my nerve endings are going crazy. It is all over my body and it is driving me NUTS! I feel like I want to jump out ofmy skin!I am in extreme pain and dicomfort.HELP! Has anyone had anything like this?

Old 05-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #7
(female)

t3m HB User

I have fibromyalgia and have been having pain in my fingers, elbows, feet and toes also. From my research of this illness it effects all the muscles and ligaments through out the entire body so that includes the neck that has ligaments and muscles that puts pressure on the vertebrates plus nerves so you have pain that generates down to the fingers. Also you can experience pain in the epicondyle region of the elbow. Sometimes ice helps for about 15-20 min. Stretching and relaxation helps as well. This is the same with the feet.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I was diagnosed last year,I but know I have had this for many more years. Years ago i had trouble with my wrists as well. I have been prone to stiff necks, but thought it was from my job. I had x-rays of my hands two years ago, the pain was so bad. I have toe pain all the time as well. I do have arthritis in my neck, jaw and knees, so I figure it's progressed to my hands and toes, but since feel it's fibro. Sometimes I need to run my hands under cold water to stop the throbbing.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Closed Thread