It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2003, 12:43 PM   #1

rita52 HB User
Post high dosage of neurontin

Hi All, How high a dosage has anyone been on for pain and seizures, one of my daughters drs told me today i should probably be on between 4-5000 mgs a day because of the pain level im at with the dystonia, fibro, seizures,herniated disc,arthritis,migraines, etc but that seems like so much since im already on seizure meds also, but nothing is deadening the pain , I cant sleep except a few minutes at a time or walk other than a few minutes at a time my feet constantly feel like someone is holding a match to them or they are numb or stabbing, im about to go nuts. Anybody got any input? These drs around here just flat out dont care, my daughters diabetic dr is the only one that acts like he cares at all. Thanks for listening. Sorry to ramble on, just desperate. Rita

Old 10-25-2003, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran

dayton HB User
I wish I knew what to say to help you. I'm on 600 of neurotin, 300 in morning and night. Helps mostly with the tinglying and burning types of pain, mostly in feet, ocasionally in arms.

I wish I knew what to take for pain. I take alleve once in awhile, doesn't do squat. Ultram makes me very ill, so does vicodin, phernagan, codeince, demerol, flagyl, tetracycline, flexeril (whew, that caused irregular heartbeat!!), I can take elavil but that's about all.

What other meds are you on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2003, 03:25 PM   #3

rita52 HB User
Hi Dayton, Thanks for replying, Sorry to hear you have so much problem with medication side effects, is bad when that happens, did you ever try taking Naproxen? You can get it over the counter it helps my husband out a lot, he has a lot of problems with his knee, he had surgery on it and still has gout and arthritis in it and that drug seems to help him more than prescription drugs, the doc said it was safe to take 2-3 at a time. You asked about my meds, I take, Dyazide 37.5, Neurontin 400mg 3xday,Baclofen 10mg 2xday Topamax 25 mg 2morning, 2 night increasing every week until I get to 8 morning 8 night Ultram 1 or 2 every 4 hrs as needed Imitrex 100mg as needed.. Ive had 2 strokes in the last couple of years and the last one caused me to start having seizures and dystonia and so I feel like im fighting a losing battle sometimes. Im just s tired of the pain... Hope you feel better soon Rita

Old 11-08-2003, 04:59 AM   #4

rita52 HB User
Red face had EMG & added more meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rita52
Hi Dayton, Thanks for replying, Sorry to hear you have so much problem with medication side effects, is bad when that happens, did you ever try taking Naproxen? You can get it over the counter it helps my husband out a lot, he has a lot of problems with his knee, he had surgery on it and still has gout and arthritis in it and that drug seems to help him more than prescription drugs, the doc said it was safe to take 2-3 at a time. You asked about my meds, I take, Dyazide 37.5, Neurontin 400mg 3xday,Baclofen 10mg 2xday Topamax 25 mg 2morning, 2 night increasing every week until I get to 8 morning 8 night Ultram 1 or 2 every 4 hrs as needed Imitrex 100mg as needed.. Ive had 2 strokes in the last couple of years and the last one caused me to start having seizures and dystonia and so I feel like im fighting a losing battle sometimes. Im just s tired of the pain... Hope you feel better soon Rita
Well, Dont know yet if its good news or bad news but my neuro did my emg and it threw me into such a horrible muscle spasm that he increased the voltage and tried to see if my nerves felt any effect to it during all the pain i was already in and they didnt but the machine showed the amt of voltage he shocked me with so at least he knew how much pain ive been going thru on a daily basis, he increased all of my meds and gave me some new ones now im on,neurontin 500mg 3x day topamax 25mg 7 pills a day now going to 16 ,dyazide 37.5mg 2x day klonopin 0.5mg 2x day ultram 50mg 3 xday,baclofen 10mg 3 x day remeron soltab 15mg 1 bedtime, ecotrin 1 xday. And ordered me a quad cane so hopefully all this will help some, he said my neuropathy was so bad that he thinks i must have diabetes so now i have to go have that 3 hr test done next week, it makes sense though since my daughter is severly diabetic,insulin resistant, hyperinsulinemic,hyperglycemic, soo wish me luch Everybody have a pain free as possible weekend...................Rita

Closed Thread