It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
(male)

dave501 HB User
does fibromyalgia cause skin pain?

does fibromyalgia cause skin pain?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
(female)

cantell HB User
Re: does fibromyalgia cause skin pain?

hi, and yes it does well, for me it does. most times I cant stand to be touched and duck when it comes to hugs.
alot of days I live in my pJ's. at least its not sweat pants..LOL
mine comes with flare's..and most times I cant figure out where one ends and another one starts. but yes, to your question.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

oh yes! to the point i cannot stand the feel of fabric or even breeze on my skin. that's when a nudist colony would come in very handy.
giggle,
blue
ps just realized you are new here. welcome. may you find this space as mindfully helpful as i do. there are a good bunch of kid here.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 10-08-2007 at 06:51 AM.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Dave:
It not only causes skin pain, the pain can also float to different areas of the body. Welcome to the board!
Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 10-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

You can count me in on this thread. I especally get skin pain in the upper chest and shoulders. I cannot wear anything heavy or tight. I am with Blue on the nudist colones, there are 2 within 10 miles of me.

Welcome Dave, hope to see your posts often.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User

Yep Yep, I am also going to agree with this. As I am sitting here right now, typing this, the air conditioner is blowing on me and it is irritating the crap out of my skin. Sometimes I get so irritated I just want to scream and run naked around my block a few times yelling HOODIE, HOODIE! LOL! Don't know how that would make me feel better but the energy built up from being annoyed by this would be spent. Then of course a new set of problems would arise. Like how am I going to explain to DH that I ended up in jail for indecent exposure. LOL! Just joking, but yeah it happens to me all the time.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

i wanted to add that my skin burns, likei have a huge brush burn, anone else get that also.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Yes, and I find I scar easier than before. No lotion or powder or liniment seems to help. Sometimes I feel like I have spider **** all over me. It is a strange sensation. I bet a feather would even cause pain. I vote for pjs also.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie too! Yep, I get skin pain & burning. Sometimes I can't stand the weight of a little chain around my neck, or earrings, they feel like bowling balls on my ears.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

forgot to mention this. when i started shaving my head (10 yrs ago) one of the lovely things that came out of it was an end to the pain of my own hair touching me, causing bizarre headaches and skin pain.
i also have days when all my pretty jewelry is out. quit makeup years ago. i could feel it on my skin to the point it bugged me.
our bodies are amazing. truly amazing. i will never stop being amazed at the many ways fibro manifests.
peace,
blue

Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User

I'm with you Goldy, I scar easy too now. Just squeeze a little pimple on my face & it's there forever.
We're all so super sensitive to everything that we could start a thread on a poll who's intuitive enough to almost be psychic.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

I never though of scars and fm but but do I have them. What Is with us. I stub my toe and I am ready to cry.

Anyone else oversensative to meds. I need a truckload to help and than I am in la la land for days. Meds. use to help me but now I get all sorts of reactions from them.

Maybe i am crazy too, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #13
(female)

leeleelanilou HB User

Thank the good Lord I'm NOT sensitive to drugs at all.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

I have the sensation that my skin has a sunburn or like i skid my knee on the side walk. When i was first diagnosed, the burning feeling would start at my face and burn to my feet. I remember dancing around because my feet were burning. I couldn't tolerate a/c at all because my skin would start burning. Nor could I tolerate baths or showers. Now a days, i have patches and right before flares and usually when i am stressed out. It is usually on my cheeks and nose or my elbow/arm area or my knee/thigh area.

Many people disagree, but this proves to me that fibromyalgia is a central nervous system disorder. Otherwise, why would i feel pain when there is no stimulis. The only reason is because my brain (central nervous system) is sending and receiving messages of pain.

Anyway, when the burning begins, i take 300 mg of generic Neurontin. I have found that this is the only med that works for me.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

notacare HB User

Yep. I have skin pain. The Lyrica helps with skin pain. I could not take the neurontin because it caused me to feel really edgy. I do not however get patches. My skin tingles, burns, and feels like creepy crawly. I cannot stand some fabrics against my skin. I wear oversize clothing and very soft fabrics. There are days that it hurts to touch me. There are days that my hair hurts. If you can take the neurontin, that is great. It was designed for nerve pain and I am sure this has something to do the the CNS. I am very sensitive to weather changes. If fabric has started to pill, it will feel like large balls against my skin. I have sheets and blankets that I cannot use because once they were washed they started to pill. The little balls hurt my skin.
My fibro is quite severe. I am getting to the point that I have problems walking.
I am tired though of doctors saying that this does not worsen or cause severe physical problems. I don't feel that this has been recognized long enough to come to that conclusion. I have a lot of health problems and I can relate that every single one links to fibromyalgia.
Hang in there.

Closed Thread