It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Low grade fever

I have been feeling really bad the last couple of weeks and even though I am accustomed to the sweat outbreaks and general malaise, I decided to check my temperature this afternoon and I have 99.2F of temp in the middle of the day. I feel now that I have probably spiked temps at night and just passed it off as difficulty to get comfortable and inability to sleep or weather changes. I don't know where to start as I have no other symptoms that would warrant fever. I have not been around others so I doubt I picked up a bug. Anyone have experience of Low grade fever and no other symptoms? Who do you call out of the vast array of doctors I see? I have been pretty much passed off to another Rheumatologist as the last two have expressed they are at a loss on how to help me as I cannot tolerate ADs and many other medications (long term problem). What does one do in this case? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

grady1190 HB User
Re: Low grade fever

I have low grade fever too at times. Most doctors think if it's not 100 or more degrees then it's nothing. But, I feel it when my temp. goes up even if it's only 99.0. I have even gone as high as 99.9. It's all part of the fibromyalgia flare ups. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I will just get up and take my temp. for no apparent reason and it's always that stupid low grade fever stuff that makes you feel like crap.

I know my normal temp. is 98.6 so when it goes up even alittle bit I feel it. I feel kind of hot on the inside. It's hard to explain. Taking asprin doesn't help so don't bother. And don't bother to go to the doctor because there is nothing they can do but tell you to take asprin. It will go away on its own, just give it some time. And it will come back on its own. It's very weird to say the least.

I've been dealing with it for a long while now. I just ignore it, there really isn't anything you can do.

I wish I could be of more help. Hang in there!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User
Re: Low grade fever

This happens to me quite frequently and the best thing I have found for it is to get an ice pack and apply it directly to your forehead. Then bundle up in a blanket and just relax for a bit. I know it sucks to be cold when you have fibro but the best thing to break that fever is an ice pack. I have also found that instead of using aspirin or tylenol for it you can use ibuprofen and that takes it away for me. You should try these two things before giving up on finding a way to fix it. Good luck.

Closed Thread