It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
(female)

SarinaRose123 HB User
Question woundering about Fybromyalgia!

i was woundering, how do you know and find out about having Fibromyalgia? i have lupus and i have read in one if the books that with lupus you can have, all sorts of other problems like, psycosis and also FM. so i was wanting to know the symptoms that would seperate lupus and FM. so i can kind of diagnose myself to talk to my doctor about fininf out for sure. the main reason i ask this is beacause i read alot of things about the symptoms of lupus and i have extra and some are simular to lupus. so if any one could help, i really really apriciate it (sorry about bad grammar or spelling) thank you for any help. ~Sarina*

Old 11-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User
Re: woundering about Fybromyalgia!

Hi Sarina, you really can't diagnose yourself. FM is a very complex disorder, one that many doctors don't fully understand the spectrum of symptoms. Many doctors believe that FM is 11 out of 18 tenderpoints, widespread muscle pain in all 4 body quadrants lasting longer than 3 months. It is MUCH more. As one progresses with FM a very strange myriad of symptoms manifest that are frequently never connected by doctors as being related to the same disorder; FM. As an example, it can involve irritable bladder, irritable bowel, vaginal pain, migraines, dermatitis issues with itching, burning, rash, hives, tiny blisters, crawly skin feelings, short term memory loss, comprehension problems, TMJ, sensory problems with sensitivity to light, sounds, tastes, smells.......on and on and on.....ugh. So, your question is not easily answered, and your situation needs to be evaluated by a doctor skilled in diagnosing FM. Some physicians believe there may be a nexus between FM and Lupus, but no studies yet confirm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

SarinaRose123 HB User

ok well thank you i have some more questions if you can help. TMJ my mom has that, and lately my jaws have been really really hurting. and i have had vaginal pain also, whats the FM vaginal pain feel like? (if anyone knows) i have the bladder/bowel problem. but it comes with lupus(bowel does). i've always had comperhension problems. i have i few others. but the skin thing could you describe that more(or anyone who knows about it) i would really like to be learning as much as i can. thank you again ~Sarina*

ok if someone could just explain what alot of the symptoms where like that would really really help. if thats possible.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarinaRose123 View Post
ok well thank you i have some more questions if you can help. TMJ my mom has that, and lately my jaws have been really really hurting. and i have had vaginal pain also, whats the FM vaginal pain feel like? (if anyone knows) i have the bladder/bowel problem. but it comes with lupus(bowel does). i've always had comperhension problems. i have i few others. but the skin thing could you describe that more(or anyone who knows about it) i would really like to be learning as much as i can. ok if someone could just explain what alot of the symptoms where like that would really really help. if thats possible. thank you again ~Sarina*
Sarina, honey your Mom very likely has FM. There is considerable belief that FM is a hereditary genetic disorder. TMJ is one of the symptoms shared by many. I have it, and my sister has it. We also both have vaginal pain. The pain can vary because it can an internal and external pain causing muscular pain with intercourse. I am 10 years older than my sister so my symptoms are slightly different. She still has periods, difficult ones, and I had a hysterctomy many years ago. We both have extremely fragile vaginal surface skin, which by the way is helped with applying Emu Oil which also helps with not only moisturizing the area but also with rebuilding tissue lining. With FM we develop acidic body fluid levels, and that impacts all body areas with body fuids; i.e., vaginal, bladder, IBS, mouth, eyes, etc. High acidity in any body is a sign of illness. It will also help to use Prelief with meals to neutralize foods that are known to increase the body's acidity levels. Our bodies are acidic enough without us inadvertently worsening it more through acidic foods such as tomatoes, cranberry, carbonated beverages, caffeine, and toabacco. The skin thing is caused by our increased histamine and cytokine levels. Skin is impacted by our increased level of mast cells beneath the surface. That means skin can look normal on the outside but be impacted by dry, itchy, crawly, burning skin; and, can even visibly evolve into unexplained rashes, hives, and tiny blisters. Hopefully this helps better explain why we get the *strange* baffling but irritating symptoms we get.

Closed Thread