It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User
water trickling sensation...anyone get this?

Has anyone heard if the water trickling sensation is related to fibro? I never see it on the list of symptoms...but it seems like those lists might be written by people that don't have fibro.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
(female)

bikerbabe HB User
Re: water trickling sensation...anyone get this?

YES!! Thank you for bringing it up! When I first started getting sick, that was one of the first symptoms. I had it in my head and legs. It was mostly dismissed by everyone. Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Thank you for your response.

Did it come and go? Also, did you notice sometimes it was a longer trickle...then sometimes just a quick sensation?

Is it completely gone or do you still get it?

Thank you!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
(female)

sunny47 HB User

For me it is just a quick sensation now and then - mostly on my legs...sunny47

Old 12-31-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
(female)

Ishla HB User

I'm not totally sure exactly what you mean by the water trickling sensation you are speaking of. I have for years had an odd sensation that feels like water(or liquid) is "gurgling" up the inside of the back of my neck. It kinda seems like air bubbles are gurgling upward through tubing in that area. I cant' really decide for sure if I completely feel this, or just hear this echo-ing through my skull bones because it is so close to my inner ear. It will gurgle a few minutes, then quit. It may happen several times a week, or only happen once a month or so. I don't know what it is. I thought for many years that it was probably high blood pressure sensations, but dropping my pressure down had no effect on the frequency of this odd stuff. Did this match what you discribe?

Old 12-31-2007, 07:14 AM   #6
(female)

bikerbabe HB User

Mine went away completely. Or at least I haven't noticed it in a long time. At first it was in my scalp. Almost like a bug crawling. Then in my legs, like a worm in my skin. After paying attention to it I described it to the doctor as a trickle of water. They said it was my nerve endings (probably), and it was never discussed again. Mary

Old 12-31-2007, 07:34 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

it does lessen in time. at first it was all the time. it would travel. felt like something trickling down my skin and sometimes like something going up my skin. i would scratch myself raw till one day before scratching i looked at the spot, saw nothing and told my body to shut up. it worked. so after that i would look first and if nothing was there use the shut up method.
i seldom feel it anymore.
peace,
blue

Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Thanks to all that replied. It seems to have changed to shorts bursts instead of the long water trickling sensation.

(For the person not sure what I meant- it literally feels like water is trickling...you will go to wipe the water away and there won't be any there).

Did anyone else notice that the trickling turned into shorter burst...then hopeful gone?

Thank you!

Closed Thread