It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
sore all over

I was diagnosed with FM several years ago. I thought with FM you only had tender spots over your body. My whole body & feet feel like they are abscessed especially if I have exerted myself. My legs below my knees burn sometimes. I've tried to stay active over the years but now that I am in my senior years even the least amt of exercise debilitates me for days. One thing I find interesting is that I did light wt lifting 2 - 3 x wk for months & I never got over the soreness. No matter how little exercise I do I will be days getting over it. I always feel like I have been beaten. Do any of you experience these symptoms. Thanks.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: sore all over

yes, i do. while it makes no sense, being inactive with fibro pain only feeds the monster. i force myself to exercise as i know doing nothing makes it worse. if i am going to be in pain i want it to be because i am doing what i know my body needs. use.
fibro can cause entire body pain as well as pain that travels here there and everywhere. there is no part of your body that fibro cannot reach. i also am in my senior years, well, 52, does that count? i even have it in my eyes. post surgical fallout.
when i started 2 days a week in p.t. i would spend the rest of the time wondering what the heck i was thinking. now i know. i have been pro-activity for 10 years now. i feel better, can do more, and when i do hurt i know it's okay. fibro can come, but she can't win. i decide that.
in 95 when it hit i was reduced to a bedridden wheelchair riding puddle of ouch. now i can do most anything i want including kayaking, hiking, and gardening. my favorites.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread