It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

miz1956 HB User
Abnormal brain scan

Has anyone every had an abnormal MRI? When my neurologist did a brain scan on me, they found a lot of scattered white matter. Has anyone else ever had that?

Old 01-30-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
(female)

aderico001 HB User
Re: Abnormal brain scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz1956 View Post
Has anyone every had an abnormal MRI? When my neurologist did a brain scan on me, they found a lot of scattered white matter. Has anyone else ever had that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Isn't that peculiar. I had a full body scan of some sort when the doctor was concerned about cancer. The doctor told me they found a lot of white flecks in my breast tissue. He wasn't concerned; he just noted it and sent me on my way. I didn't have cancer, by the way. Was your doctor concerned or scratching his head about what it could be? FMS attacks the whole body from the scalp down to the soles of your feet, so what he's discovered does not surprise me.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 01-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz1956 View Post
They told me mine was normal......but I did have white foci on my perventicular. And slight white matter disease.........ummm I don't know how this is NORMAL!!!!!!!!! They wanted MS ruled out just to be sure.

I think next year I'm going to have another MRI to see if anything new is going on.

Hope

Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
(female)

Ishla HB User

okay, now you've got me piqued. I havn't had an MRI on my brain-ever, however a couple of years ago I was having severe bladder pain and the urologist did one on my abdominal area to have a close look at things. Everything was normal, but they said that there were some odd white spots/flecks in my liver. My liver tests are always normal and healthy... but the overall gest of FMS is that it attacks the whole body. I have a lot of symptoms that could easily be labeled as neurologic like balance problems, stabbing electrical zap sensations, sudden unexplained weaknesses that come and go, dizziness... etc... I bet I've probably got some in this hard old head of mine...lol.
This posting topic is starting to look like there seems to be a trend of white flecks involved in people who suffer from this disease. I wonder if any doctors are seeing this and beginning to look into it as a sign or symptom of FMS and maybe a clue to our suffering? It's a thought...

Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishla View Post
okay, now you've got me piqued. I havn't had an MRI on my brain-ever, however a couple of years ago I was having severe bladder pain and the urologist did one on my abdominal area to have a close look at things. Everything was normal, but they said that there were some odd white spots/flecks in my liver. My liver tests are always normal and healthy... but the overall gest of FMS is that it attacks the whole body. I have a lot of symptoms that could easily be labeled as neurologic like balance problems, stabbing electrical zap sensations, sudden unexplained weaknesses that come and go, dizziness... etc... I bet I've probably got some in this hard old head of mine...lol.
This posting topic is starting to look like there seems to be a trend of white flecks involved in people who suffer from this disease. I wonder if any doctors are seeing this and beginning to look into it as a sign or symptom of FMS and maybe a clue to our suffering? It's a thought...
My stupid Neurologist said it was due to my smoking! I never thought of it this way but maybe your on to something.

Hope

Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

You all have really got me thinking.... I do believe I have read somewhere that white matter will show up in the brain also in fibro patients. I don't remember where I read it, you know how our memory can get as I have read many articles and books... but I do believe that I have read it on more than one occasion...

As a matter of fact, back in June of 2006, I was suffering from severe migraines and a severe sinus infection so they did a CAT scan and MRI on the brain, shortly after that, I had some TIA strokes and the white matter showed up on that MRI and on the one taken when I had the TIA strokes but no one was concerned about it even when I had the TIA strokes. Said it had nothing to do with the TIA strokes.

I guess one day, one of us will have all the symptoms combined somewhere in a journal and turn it over to some researcher and they will finally figure out something and believe it truly exisit.

Good Luck to All, Jenn

Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
(female)

Grapedy HB User

White matter showing up on the brain and TIA's are generally unrelated. My grandmother went through a TIA spell and her MRI's were normal the whole time.

The white matter showing up in various places on FM patients doesn't surprise me one bit. There's still so much about it that we don't know. Who knows, this white matter may end up being a key diagnosis point! That would make it so much easier to diagnose.

Closed Thread