It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User
New Smyptom Inside Joint Top of Leg

I have a new symptom that started bothering about 6 weeks ago and don't know if anyone else has this problem... It is the joint at the top of my left leg on the inside... If I sit for to long, maybe 10 minutes, it starts hurting and I have to straighten it out or stand up. It will also make the back of the calf start hurting also...

My knee hurts which I did bring up to my pain doc who said that is part of fibro which has trigger points there however, you cannot get trigger point injections there as the trigger points are to small and the chance of hitting them are to small.

I have not told him about my leg joint hurting because I get tired of telling him every ache and pain.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has this type of pain. I don't have it in the other leg even though I have a lot of problems with the right hip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jenn

Old 01-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
Re: New Smyptom Inside Joint Top of Leg

Yup got that too. started having that about 2-3 months ago when all the symptoms started. My Rheumy told me on Monday that "well I get like that too if I have been sitting to long". Seems he didn't want to admit that it was a part of fibro. Never had it before so I know it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backinthesaddle View Post
Yup got that too. started having that about 2-3 months ago when all the symptoms started. My Rheumy told me on Monday that "well I get like that too if I have been sitting to long". Seems he didn't want to admit that it was a part of fibro. Never had it before so I know it is.
Thanks, after sitting to long, I don't think 10 minutes would be considered sitting to long but I guess everyone is different.

Just one lovely symptom after another... Can't wait for the next one

Have a pain free day, Jenn

Old 01-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
(female)

julesforty HB User

It could be a labral tear. I have the same problem and if I sit too long I hobble around like an old lady. This is a common symptom of this condition...this is very common in athletes like soccer players and runners...and if not treated leads to arthritis and eventual hip replacement. Get it checked out....

Old 02-01-2008, 05:32 AM   #5
(female)

bbar40 HB User

I have that same pain. Once mine starts it travels into my left groin and aches like heck. They say its all fibro related.

I get up and walk around but that doesn't seem to help too much. Warm moist heat helps though.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks to all who answered... I just haven't brought it up to my pain doc as he usually chalks it up to fibro and when I went to see my GP, I ended up with appointments with two other new docs so did not bring it to his attention.

Thanks again, Jenn

Old 02-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi Jenn x was wondering how your doing? Im abit off again today stomach issues and muscle spasams in upper back... had a new experience today l had weird pins and needles half way down my left leg (shin level)all the way down to my foot! Seems lm getting pins and needles very easily these days wonder if thats a symptom too? Anyway going to hold on another few days if pos and if lm still grotty lm going to the docs sick of feeling CRAP!! Hope your ok Jenn xx

Old 02-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecsey View Post
Hi Jenn x was wondering how your doing? Im abit off again today stomach issues and muscle spasams in upper back... had a new experience today l had weird pins and needles half way down my left leg (shin level)all the way down to my foot! Seems lm getting pins and needles very easily these days wonder if thats a symptom too? Anyway going to hold on another few days if pos and if lm still grotty lm going to the docs sick of feeling CRAP!! Hope your ok Jenn xx
Sorry you are not feeling so well... I too am having major stomach issues still.. The pins and needles are part of it. Muscle spasms too.

I hope you start feeling better. I go to see my pain doc, therapist and psychiatrist tomorrow. I get to have my lovely upper GI and colonoscopy on Monday. Wish me luck.... for that and the lovely cleansing on Sunday and early Monday... Jenn.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lol Jenn ooohh im dreading that the endoscopy if l go back to docs thats what they want done eek! if lm still complaining of stomach issues... dont feel to bad at moent the symptoms have worn off for now but lm really really tired never mind Good luck keep us informed xxx

Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Lol Jenn ooohh im dreading that the endoscopy if l go back to docs thats what they want done eek! if lm still complaining of stomach issues... dont feel to bad at moent the symptoms have worn off for now but lm really really tired never mind Good luck keep us informed xxx
Keep venting, its good for the soul... Only thing that bothers me about tomorrow is that I have to get the trigger point injections and then go see the therapist and shrink after that and the weather here is rainy.... Can't wait to go sit and wait for 2+ hours after the shots plus the drive to the other appointments

Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
They are doing the endoscopy and colonoscopy on the same day and I have already had the colonoscopy before... When a doc did a colonoscopy before he made a sharp left when he should have taken a right, that woke me up, other than that, I don't remember a thing....

Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

OMG lol good luck girl xxx

Old 02-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
(female)

bbar40 HB User

Yeah, best of luck. I had both those tests done on the same day years ago, and it was my birthday on top of it!!!!

Good luck!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lol bbar!!! is the endoscopy not too bad? Im really afraid and am holding out What kind of stomach troubles did you girls have? x

Old 02-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello to all my fellow fibromites.... Just got back from all my fav doctors... My first appt at 7:15 this morning with me not being a morning person, well hell, I am not anytime of the day person.... But anyway, I saw my pain doc first and finally mentioned the pain in the joint in the top of the inside of my leg... telling him that I hated to bring it up because I was sure it was another symptom..... He said no, it isn't and said it is a joint issue and started to say arthiritis and once again said its just joint pain. I asked him then about my underarm joint pain and he did another physical and said that it was joint pain also.... He then said let's lay down and we will start the trigger point injections.... What a way to start the day... then off to the therapist and then the psychiatrist.... What an exciting day....

And how are all of you doing this lovely day.... On top of all this, its raining here..... I wish dearly for summer.... but then some of my meds have an interaction where I cannot regulate my body temperature.... I am going for the sunshine as I wish to be cremated someday anyway I have to laugh, or else I will cry and laughing is much better medicine....

Hope all is well with you all. Jenn.

Closed Thread