It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

proudofmyautie1 HB User
what does a fibromyalgia flare up feel like?

what does a fibromyalgia flair up feel like

Old 02-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #2
(female)

sweetjerseygirl HB User
Re: what does a fibromyalgia flair up feel like

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudofmyautie1 View Post
what does a fibromyalgia flair up feel like
I believe everyones symphoms are the same but different so it will depend. Usually when my hands start aching early on then im in for some flair ups, but i never know what part of the body it will attack. In particular one of the worst things i suffer from with my firbro is the sharp pains through different parts of the body. I can only describe them as razor blades very quickly tearing through a muscle and they hurt pretty bad. Usually i will get three to four at a time, then it moves on to another part but i never know where or when. No time frame. Sometimes it just brings tears to my eyes and im thankful it passes quickly but the rest of the body will continue to ache. Those are what i refer to as flairups. Other times my face will just hurt, not for long but it will ache for a time, i call that a flairup cause i dont feel that all the time. When i would be at work and would be perfectly ok, talking with someone and all of a sudden yikes, a sharp pain comes out of nowhere and i flinch and that person sees the pain in my face, then its gone as quickly as it came, i refer to that as a flair up. I do think everyones flair ups are different and you will learn to identify them. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjerseygirl View Post
I believe everyones symphoms are the same but different so it will depend. Usually when my hands start aching early on then im in for some flair ups, but i never know what part of the body it will attack. In particular one of the worst things i suffer from with my firbro is the sharp pains through different parts of the body. I can only describe them as razor blades very quickly tearing through a muscle and they hurt pretty bad. Usually i will get three to four at a time, then it moves on to another part but i never know where or when. No time frame. Sometimes it just brings tears to my eyes and im thankful it passes quickly but the rest of the body will continue to ache. Those are what i refer to as flairups. Other times my face will just hurt, not for long but it will ache for a time, i call that a flairup cause i dont feel that all the time. When i would be at work and would be perfectly ok, talking with someone and all of a sudden yikes, a sharp pain comes out of nowhere and i flinch and that person sees the pain in my face, then its gone as quickly as it came, i refer to that as a flair up. I do think everyones flair ups are different and you will learn to identify them. Good Luck
You get pains in your face too? Wow, your the only one Ive ever came across that has the same symptom as me! Feels like every bone in my face is on fire and in pain!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
(female)

sweetjerseygirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4All View Post
You get pains in your face too? Wow, your the only one Ive ever came across that has the same symptom as me! Feels like every bone in my face is on fire and in pain!
Oh yeah, before i knew what was causing it, i woke up in near tears one morning, my first comment was i felt like a mac truck had hit me, which wasnt uncommon, then i said to my hubby, my face hurts, how does someones face hurt ? It really scared me til i did research after being diagnosed and it was like putting a puzzle together. Years of agony on different parts of the body. Either they said they didnt know what it was, or treated me for something that didnt exist so no relief. Hang in there, the thing with this condition is you have to find out what works for you as an indiviual, so dont give up, its a very frustrating condition to experience. And there is no cure so you have to find out what works for you. Im here for you if you need me just ask.......

Old 02-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
(female)

Kutztown07 HB User

I had my first flare up several weeks ago. Muscle aches, even my fingers hurt, low grade fever, tired, and a mild sore throat. It lasted for several hours, took 2 tylenol and 3 hours later it went away. Thought I was a virus, but did not get sick. My dr, tells me it was a flare up. I gave into it. But next time I won't.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

SusanG50 HB User

20 year Fibro here. There's nothing I haven't had hurt and hurt bad at one time or the other. You know how it MIGRATES all over your body.

I have definitely had the face pain and eyelid pain........even eyelashes...my hubby says: Darling how can your eyelids hurt.......I say, I dunno, but they do.....and he knows they do. I can't name a part of the body including organs it has not attack except my heart, pancres and liver.

This is a bummer illness and like someone said: You have to find your own REMEDY. Just read everything anyone says helps and try it if at all possible, because I've hit on several things that have helped me a lot that. NOTHING is too silly.

I hate this illness................it has stolen the life I dreamt of and I'm aging with new maladies now and it's making it worse.

Don't want to be a downer, but tis the truth for me Baby Ruth. Hope not for you.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
(female)

LadyGwen HB User

My flares start with a tension headache, then either moves to chest pain or chest pain and feeling foggy. Also getting red hot ears is always fun. I feel like I weigh 100 more pounds than i do.I also feel so yucky that i need to take a couple naps during the day and that is frustrating b/c I have stuff to do.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

20 years of experience here on flair-ups. I feel like I slept with one eye open all night. Everything feels like I am cletching my muscles, they feel very tight and ache. I shake and my nose gets very cold and my blood pressure is low. I just feel like I want to jump out of my skin. If I hear a boom box in a car radio, it makes my face hurt and I can't stand to hear the noise. I become very noise intolerant. I stress easy. My vision is blurry.
I know when these symptoms start to slow down and give in to it by resting. I can knock it off within a day. WHen I used to plow through the flair-up, I would get fevers and then be soooo tired and in a fog I couldn't function for 3 days

Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
(female)

drunkitty HB User
Re: what does a fibromyalgia flare up feel like?

For me it feels like the life has been sucked out of me. I consider a flare something that is more major than my usual symptoms and lasts a little longer. So much of what I read is what I normally feel like. Most days I walk around feeling like I'm wearing a 100lb coat and lead boots. To me a flare is the days I can't get out of bed.

I find that it usually follows a weekend where I got out a good bit or did more than normal.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: what does a fibromyalgia flare up feel like?

Hey there,
I always have lower back pain (back probs) & that was my first symptom of Fibro. I've had Chronic Fatigue since 99 which I wonder is just a mild form of Fibro. I'e had probs for a very long time, Just that Fibro seemed to creep up on me starting at the end of 09. My back hurt more than ever (injured in 05) then I started getting headaches all the time. Had them so often I was used to it, never think about this stuff, prob cause I've had things like this for so long. Then my upper back, shoulders & neck started hurting all the time. I get traveling pains all the time. My fingers or other joints will feel fractured. I get shooting/shocking pains, burning, ect. That's when I was diagnosed with Fibro. I thought the Dr was nuts till my first flare. My whole body hurt, neck, shoulder & back hurt so bad! Then a migraine like headache came on. I've learned to rest, pace myself, ect. Seems like if I rest, I'm recharging but takes a few days. After a flare I need rest or I will continue to flare. I have to recharge. Once I am recharged I have to pace myself, not over do it or stress. My warning signs are my neck hurting more & headache coming on. I know I have to rest or I will pay for it. Because we've been so busy, even pacing myself, I felt awful yesterday. Lethargic, so sore, just exhausted & miserable. So, I welcomed my good friend Tramadol, which helps me feel alittle more human.
Everyone is different & we all learn how to control our own symptoms. None of us are exactly the same with the same symptoms.
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread