Hi. I'm semi new here. I honestly don't remember if I've posted here - or just read. I guess I stay in a state of "fog". LOL
Here is my predicament. I saw my 3rd rheumy about two weeks ago who confirmed fibro. Two dr.'s said "yes" to fibro....the 3rd said "there is no such thing - you just need a more positive outlook". TERRIBLE physician.
Anywho....the 3rd rheumy is wonderful - love him. Good rapport with him which is half the battle, right? BUT...he did not send me home with a lyrica prescrip - which I didn't understand. I called and asked why and he had his nurse call and say he would discuss it with me at my 2 month recheck (he did prescribe Lexapro for me to start). I told my internist that at an appt I had with her and she said, in so many words, that it was unnecessary for me to wait and wrote a scrip. Ok...that seems nice on the surface - and I WANT to take it - but I'm soooo afraid of messing up my relationship with this rheumy - as you know finding one that is helpful and that you LIKE at the same time is not easy. So I do NOT want to jeopardize that. On the other hand - I HURT HURT HURT. What would you do? I'm wonding if I should just make an appt to see him again sooner - like next week - but I have shelled out so many $40 copays recently it just awful. Can you think of any reason WHY he would want to wait? Maybe just so I wan't starting two meds at once? Also, he said not to talk to him about sleeping meds - talk to the pulmonologist who dx me with apnea. WHAT? TIA DN