It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

Ali110670 HB User
Question Adipex Weight Loss Drug Making Fibro Worse?

Hello All:

I was wondering if anyone has ever taken the WLD Adipex? After taking this drug within the last 6 days, I have noticed a HUGE change in my Fibro pain. It has gotten sooooo much worse. I believe I was having one of the worst Flare Up's of my life (do to exercising to hard) but after doing some thinking last night, I found myself questioning if this drug is maybe adding to the pain. I don't think I am allowed to put up the weblink, but if you type in adipex in google it should pull up.

Some of my complaints since I started taking the drug 6 days ago if the following:

extremely irritability after I take it, I get anxious, my pain starts worsening (muscular), I am jittery, my sugar starts bottoming out

I know the drug contains something like "speed" in it and I believe that if that is what it is, my mind is thinking that anything that would make you feel hyper and jittery is only going to make your muscles work harder? Maybe I am way off line, but I was hoping someone else had experience like this and could let me know it is not all in my head.

Thank you all and God Bless
Ali

Old 02-26-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tiredpoet HB User
Re: Adipex Weight Loss Drug Making Fibro Worse?

Stimulants do make your muscles tighten. I take adderall, and a lot of people say it's makes their muscles ache, but for me it actually makes some pain a tiny bit less (like my constantly aching and cramping leg muscles) but it makes things like my costochondritis worse.

Also check to be sure you're not getting dehydrated. Even mild dehydration makes my muscles ache and cramp. On adderall I have to be sure to drink enough, so it's possible maybe adding some more water during the day could help a bit? Just a thought. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 AM   #3
(female)

Ali110670 HB User
Re: Adipex Weight Loss Drug Making Fibro Worse?

Thank you for your response. I did do some searching on the subject and most people said that phentermine (which is what it is) made their Fibro better. That really confuses me as I believe this is what is causing ALL of my pain. I am going to try and not take it today and see if I am not in such pain, then I will know. Right now I am sweating as I feel like I am detoxing off of it

Thanks,
Ali

Closed Thread