It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
Fibro and Steroids

Hi, i've not really posted on this board but my rheumy had told me when I first saw him that I have Fibromyalgia and possible Lupus. I had a really bad flare of joint pains, swelling, losing hair, hives, etc...when he saw me, he put on prednisone right away. I've also taken steroids in other forms over the years (medrol dose packs and epidural injections). It seems every single time I take some form of steroids, I feel like a new person. Most of the time every single symptom I had disappeared and I felt normal again. (However, recently I have some worsening spine problems again, got ESI's, and did feel alot better, but still had some pain after standing over an hour). But other than that, every symptom unrelated to my spine problems have vanished with steroids. I have done some reading about Fibromyalgia and I am doubting that I have it....because I have read the steroids are an enemy of FIbro. IS this true? If any of you have taken steroids, did it make your Fibro worse? Or.....did it resolve all your pain?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User
Re: Fibro and Steroids

Baybreeze, steroids help me but I hate how mean I get with them and how much weight I gain and I've been told they are dangerous to the bones? Glad they help you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
(female)

sherryrenee0423 HB User

the first rheumy I went to thought I might either have fms or lupus so he put me on the same steroid you are taking and it didn't do anything for the pain at all and I caught a really bad flu in july!!!! I hated it and then switched doctors and the next one officially diagnosed me w/ fms.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I have fibro and lupus. My rheumie told me that steriods would help the lupus but not fibro. I'm not on steriods,but I'm taking plaquenil for lupus and it's helped tremendously. Still have fibro pain though. Kat

Closed Thread