It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
(female)

Kaye2003 HB User
Side Pain

I first had problems with my left flank/side hurting 2 years ago last month. One Dr. said diverticulitis, the GI doc said “no.” Eventually it went away without a final dx on the reason. The pain was really bad at that time. It hurt just to go from standing to sitting on the sofa.

I was dx with fibro 6 years ago, IBS 5 years ago, costro this past year after a head on collision, and bursitis and arthritis in thighs and hips also this past year.

Side pain has returned. Bad (not as bad as two years ago, but has lasted longer this time) on the left side, can’t even sleep on that side some nights, and this time I am also having pain in the right side (not as bad as left).

The only way I can describe the pain is this: Take your index finger and thumb and form a horse shoe shape with them, then put the horse shoe shape on your side. The pain is from index finger tip to the thumb finger tip from hip up into the rib cage under breast. (back to front). The whole area is not in pain at one time. The pain is sporadic. Runs mostly up and down in a line. But sometimes it will just be a spot about the size of a golf ball somewhere in this area. The pain is a bad burning achy feeling. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Could this pain be related to the IRS or fibro? I do have an app with my Rheumatologist March 27, 2009 and am going to try and see my GI doc the same day. (Did have a colonoscopy 3 yrs ago this past Feb with one polyp and an ultrasound that was neg 2 years ago this past Feb.)

Hope it is okay but am posting this on the Fibro and IBS forums. Really need some advice.

Kaye

Last edited by Kaye2003; 03-09-2008 at 11:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User
Re: Side Pain

You know it sounds like an easy diagnosis of a kidney stone, but it sounds like you have been checked thoroughly. What is interesting about this question is I was coming on to ask the same thing. I have Fibro and when I got pregnant my pain worsened. Then just last week the flank pain started. Exactly as you described it without the burning. This is totally new to me, my doctors are trying to figure it out right now. I will let you know what happens. Good luck in your search for answers and don't give up.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
(female)

sherryrenee0423 HB User
Re: Side Pain

If it is a kidney stone there would have been microscopic blood in your urine...I passed 3 about 5 years ago. Have you done any activity that would aggrivate your muscles in that area? Are there knots?

Closed Thread