It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User
Just fell down the stairs, who has feet/body pain in the morning?

Yes, I just got up, 2 year old next to me, thank goodness not in my arms, and my 3rd step hurt so bad my leg just gave out and I fell down a couple of stairs. Before that I had just said to my husband, "I hate stairs, someday we are going to have to get a house without stairs." And then boom, down I went.

So my question is, How many people in the morning can barely walk because their body, especially there feet, hurt so bad and is sore and stiff?

Also, does anybody have some hours during the day where there body is less stiff and sore and then towards late afternoon or evening they can barely walk again? That is me, I am okay from about 9 a.m. till 3p.m. (depending on what activities I have done, it could be sooner) and then I start to get sore. If I stop and sit down on the couch for awhile it is slow going and I look 90 getting up, I am 31.

It scared me this morning, and I have learned not to carry my children down the stairs and to take it very easy. Is this a common symptom of fibro?

Kass

Thank

Old 03-13-2008, 04:09 AM   #2
(female)

Ishla HB User
Re: Just fell down the stairs, who has feet/body pain in the morning?

I'm afraid you may be right. I've seen a couple of other posts about just the same thing. I have the same issue you do. It takes an hour or two after getting up to loosen up all the stiffness enough to walk semi-normal, then in the afternoon, for me about 4, it starts in again and hurts. The difference for me is that around 8ish... me feet begin to burn and ache so much more that I feel each step is going to be the last I'll ever be able to take.

I have small animals to worry about falling... so I really feel for you with the kiddoes. Just try to keep your chin up and muddle through it. It's not easy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Kass, I'm glad you're ok... didn't break anything! I think you and Ishla have it worse than me, but when I get up first thing my feet are hard to walk on. They hurt and feel puffy. During the day, they hurt if I am on them much, especially if I'm not wearing my tennis shoes/inserts. In the morning, it's the whole foot. Later, it's mostly the ball of my foot. I wonder if support socks would help your pain? I wonder if your pain is Morton's neuroma (also called interdigital neuroma). In my trigger point therapy book, there's a ton of stuff about the feet. I wonder if trigger point massage would help? Sounds like something that tp massage would help. With the way your husband is about the meds, maybe he'd even support it. Take care!

Last edited by baserockermom; 03-13-2008 at 05:21 AM.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Marywoo HB User
Wink Re: Just fell down the stairs, who has feet/body pain in the morning?

Kass, iam so sorry you fell down the stairs, are you alright?please be carefull with yourself,one fall could be the end for some,anyway to answer your question Iam stiff in the morning but get coffee and pain med first thing,than I can move,I have exactly 6 hours to move around and than I need a nap,I FIND IF i STRECH ALITTLE i CAN MOVE A LITTLE BETTER,BUT STRANGE THING IS AROUND three in the afternoon I feel happier emotionally,which is unexplainable.maybe because I feel safe from visiters and such,I know that sounds horrible,but at this stage I hate company,because of judgements about messy house,they actually question me about it,like why is this here or that there,I really hate that I feel bad enough,sorry for getting off subject,I tend to do that.anyway I really hope you feel better,but if I did not take the meds in the morning I would not be moving at all.LYRICA has been a life saver,I dont know why I was so hesitent in trying it its helped alot,but i am hungru all the time. hope you feel better kass,I wish you didnt have stairs to contend with.praying and thinking of you today. marywoo

Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Ishla, and baserockermom, my hands and feet are swollen today. I cannot see the bones in my feet right now. I notice that around 3 or 4 pm my o.c. wears off (I do not get the 12 hours, only 8-9), and my pain starts in on my feet. I can only stay on them for about an hour before I start to hurt that is at anytime during my day. How can I reduce the swelling? I try to drink lots of water, and watch my salt intake, but I don't think that is it. I first thought it was my shoes, I was wearing danskos that were a year old, so I bought a new pair of really expensive sneakers ($160) that are known for a lot of support, and they helped some, but it doesn't matter I am still sore after an hour on my feet. I also the other day bought supportive socks, and I am not sure if they help. I have to take breaks and I am always sore when I sit down and get back up.

I am going to have to do some research about Mortons Neuroma. I am supposed to have dr appt today for a check up, but boys have fever between 100 and 103, so I am going to reschedule I think. I really want to go, I want to address feet pain and restless legs and arms. Also, I want to get a referral to see rheumatologist or neurologist.

Thanks for writing me guys. I am trying so hard not to get discouraged and cry, I am 31 and it hurts to walk! My husband heard me fall and he asked me why I fell and I said my feet hurt so bad to walk down the stairs, and my legs just gave out. I hope he does not get upset with me.

I have come to terms with medication, and I do not feel guilty anymore. I need them right now. If I do not talk about the medications or how I feel to my hubby then we all are ok. Kind of sad, but it is so much better if I don't rock the boat.

Is there anything I can do to make it easier in the morning for me to walk? I guess I could sleep downstairs in another bedroom we have down there, but I want to be near the boys. After I fell, I slid down the stairs on my bum to get to the bottom! Oh dear, I am just trying to do my best.

Thanks for your support. I love it here, and it has helped me so much.

All my love,

Kass

Old 03-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #6
(female)

Ishla HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baserockermom View Post
Kass, I'm glad you're ok... didn't break anything! I think you and Ishla have it worse than me, but when I get up first thing my feet are hard to walk on. They hurt and feel puffy. During the day, they hurt if I am on them much, especially if I'm not wearing my tennis shoes/inserts. In the morning, it's the whole foot. Later, it's mostly the ball of my foot. I wonder if support socks would help your pain? I wonder if your pain is Morton's neuroma (also called interdigital neuroma). In my trigger point therapy book, there's a ton of stuff about the feet. I wonder if trigger point massage would help? Sounds like something that tp massage would help. With the way your husband is about the meds, maybe he'd even support it. Take care!
I just looked up the Morton's neuroma and it just doesn't fit my foot pain. It involves a specific nerve and as far as I can tell, that area of my feet is less painful than the rest. My foot pain feels like I have stepped in acid and chemically burned the soles of my feet, and then had from the top of my arches down onto my toes, crushed by something heavy. There is constant burning, and so far my lyrica hasn't managed to do more than just a little to stop it. Thanks for your input though, I want to hear anything I can about this so I can find a way to fix it one day maybe.

Last edited by Ishla; 03-13-2008 at 06:23 AM. Reason: missed something important

Old 03-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Marywoo HB User

my feet do burn but nothing as bad as your sounds,my dr did tell me when feet are burning to put than in ice water for 10 minute intervals,I know you dont want to hear that but just trying to help,by the way but brother has mortons neuroma,I will ask him about it,he just had surgery for it and is still having trouble,I will ask him and let you know I hope you feel better sorry for your pain Marywoo

Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Ok guys, I am hurting. The fall did some damage. My right collarbone is hurting, throbbing and shooting pain down through my arm. Also, I have a large bruise on my right leg behind my knee. What a klutz! The pain is getting worse in my collar bone. I know my kids are sick, but I have to get to my appt at 2:15. I have taken my o.c. at 6:30 am and then my breakthrough meds,and I am in wicked pain. Just what I needed.

I am a mess, my body is sore, my back looks like I was shot by a buckshot (the nickel size moles removed and cauterized), my collarbone is throbbing and my leg is swollen and bruised. And to top it all off my kids are sick, again!! I was going to the appt to have him check out the healing of the moles and also discuss medications, I would like to try a different muscle relaxant. How can I ease my morning pain?

I will keep you guys posted and let you know how my appt goes.

Kass

Old 03-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
(female)

carolinagal65 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kass3175 View Post
Yes, I just got up, 2 year old next to me, thank goodness not in my arms, and my 3rd step hurt so bad my leg just gave out and I fell down a couple of stairs. Before that I had just said to my husband, "I hate stairs, someday we are going to have to get a house without stairs." And then boom, down I went.

So my question is, How many people in the morning can barely walk because their body, especially there feet, hurt so bad and is sore and stiff?

Also, does anybody have some hours during the day where there body is less stiff and sore and then towards late afternoon or evening they can barely walk again? That is me, I am okay from about 9 a.m. till 3p.m. (depending on what activities I have done, it could be sooner) and then I start to get sore. If I stop and sit down on the couch for awhile it is slow going and I look 90 getting up, I am 31.

It scared me this morning, and I have learned not to carry my children down the stairs and to take it very easy. Is this a common symptom of fibro?

Kass

Thank

Old 03-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Kass, you've had an awful day, huh? Boys with fevers, fall down the stairs, no meds for RLS, and a kick in the pants for wanting to get to the doctors. Did you go? Did he give your anything for RLS?

By the way, does your doc test your blood regularly? That was another thing we learned with my f-in-l. Low iron can cause it. Just read a new post by someone who actually has too much iron and still has RLS. It's no wonder doctors are baffled by the likes of all of us. Glad you have a good one, and I sure hope he was able to help you today. Sweet sleep for those little ones.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Baserockermom, I am okay. I got to doctors. I took my sick kids, they did not look too bad, thank goodness for tylenol and benedryl. My dr wanted me to get an xray of collarbone, it was not broken, just sprained. I am greatful, but, man, did that hurt. I am just going to have to be more careful on the stairs in the morning. Yesterday was a horrible day, and I was glad is was over.

I love my dr. My husband cannot stand him. He calls him quako, and other names. That is hard, but I am standing my ground and not switching to another dr. My dr. gave me his home number, knows about my unfair,hard, marriage, and hugs me twice each visit, and has a crush on my sister!

My iron is low, and I am mildly anemic. I am taking iron supplements, to help get it back up.

The boys are okay, they still have fevers and the have that junky,crud cough, but my oldest is playing a little. My youngest is still in bed.

Thank you all for helping me through yesterday. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

All my love,

Kassandra

Old 03-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Glad you went yesterday. Glad you have such a nice doc. I went for that deep tissue massage yesterday for the trigger points. Spent $100 bucks we didn't have to do it. It was nice at first but worse later as promised. I was cringing at what my husband must have thought about our money going to me feeling worse. I just reminded him, for my own sake, that it wasn't my idea. That two doctors told me I needed massage and that the type I needed would hurt worse before it helped. I was in so much pain I was crying in the middle of the night. My husband asked me what was wrong and I told him I was useless, would never get better, and I just wanted to be put away--for him and the boys to make their own life. He told me I wasn't useless, that I made chili, and to just settle down and go to sleep. I made chili. Wow!!! My list of accomplishments never cease to amaze me!!! Never know when your husband might turn from judgment to offer a bit of encouragement. I wish that for you!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #13
(female)

hatefibro67 HB User

Kass - I am glad you were not hurt any worse! How are you today?

baserockermom: - You are crazy girl! Your husband if very sweet and ya'll sound very lucky to have one another - you are each blessed!

Old 03-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Thanks hatefibro67. You'd never believe the marriage started out with so much physical/verbal crap that counselors advised divorce nearly every time we tried them. Ever heard of being passionately in love and passionately in hate? We've spent way too much time training each other to ever think about getting replacements.

Last edited by baserockermom; 03-14-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Closed Thread