It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

Marywoo HB User
Re: Anyone on Lexapro?

LOU, thank you so much for responding iam currently on 20 mg, but know i need more,last christmas i upped my dosage and it helped me when i called the dr.he said there was no such dosage and to go back to 20 mg.i will have to plead my case with him it really helped me get through that holiday.i knew i read some where that people were on higher than 20mg.thanx marywoo.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:19 AM   #17
Veteran
(female)

Marywoo HB User

KELLIBEAR, thank you for your imput,ive already tried to convince him,he thinks hes acting normal,i had a similar reaction to paxil man i loved it but it made me crazy,subconsiously i knew i was not acting normal,i through them in the trash and went through H--- for a month.then went back to dr.and requested lexapro,he wanted to put me on wellbutrin but my girlfriends said they tried that and it would make me hyper.people are better judges of meds than drs. which i sad in my opinion.they dont really follow up on their patients. Thank you so much it helps to talk this stuff out.with the privacy act and all i cant think of anything else to do.his neighbors agree with me iam in contact with them so you can imagine the crazy behavior. hope you all have a painfree day. marywoo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #18
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Grapedy - thanks for that info. So, you say you must be completely off one SSRI before starting a new one. How long do you have to be "off"? For example, do you taper down, then stop, then wait one week, two? Or start up the new one right after tapering off?
Thanks for the help
Paddy

Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #19
(female)

Grapedy HB User

Every person is different. That's something you really need to talk over with your doctor. Him and you are the two people who know best how you react to things.

Mary, even with all the HIPAA crap you can still call your brother's doctor and tell him what you're seeing. There's a very good chance your brother has never mentioned any of what's happening to him, which means the doctor has no idea what's going on. Most men never tell the doctor everything that's going on. His doctor can't tell you anything without your brother's permission, but you can tell the doctor what's going on and what you're seeing. I would recommend trying to leave a message with his nurse. I know in my dad's office we were always willing to take calls from family members of patients.

We had one elderly male patient who lied through his teeth every single time he came in. To get the truth of what was really going on we stayed in touch with his housekeeper and his daughter on a regular basis.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

Marywoo HB User

Grapedy,iam so sorry if i affended you or anyone,i could never be a dr eiyher and i should not judge them,please forgive me its just so frustrating.iam sure if i had to walk in their shoes i would be singing a different tune.and really part of the problem with my brother is hes enjoying the mania and since the dr only sees him for that short period of time he is pulling the wool over his eyes.iam honestly afraid to make any moves in my brithers case because at least hes happy,iam scared any action to my brother will cause a reaction.do you understand?i actually love my gp he didnt catch my problems years ago but he tried his best with the information i gave him,he kept telling me to go to the gym and i did and neither one of us suspected my neck,in fect when he said he was going to do an mri last july i looked at him and said my neck doesnt hurt,and sure enough there was a disc pressing on my spinal cord.i dont mean anything bad i say its the pain talking,and i know they have one of the hardest jobs there are.even my pm dr i know hes trying to help me but when you get stuck in the spine several times and it hurts worse its hard not to want to strangle him.i see him wed and i will tell him that i wanted to strangle him,but basically hes a very nice guy too,he reminds me of tony danza,anyway iam really sorry i was lashing out at everything because the pain was excruciating,i did not mean to offend you or anyone.hope you all have pain free day marywoo

Closed Thread