It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 05:09 AM   #1
(female)

Luvzminis HB User
Toe cramps

Does anyone else get toe cramps, esp. when the Fibro. flares up? What do you do when you get them in a car? This recently happened, and it was miserable. Took off my shoe and rubbed my toe, and my foot started to cramp, also. (No, I was not driving, thankfully!)
I heard more calcium, more water, and try to pick up marbles with your toes. (Have never had flexible toes, so I can't do that last one!) Any more ideas?

Old 05-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: Toe cramps

Thank goodness, I am not the only one that has that happen. I routinely drive bare foot just because of that problem. I hardly put on a decent shoe nowadays. I prefer sandals and tennis shoes, just because I feel I have less problem with the cramps with those. I honestly doubt my sanity at times because of all the unusual symptoms I am feeling. I do a good massage nightly with some foot cream and that seems to have lessened their occurance. Jeeez, what else are we going to have to endure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

Luvzminis HB User

Yes- it is miserable! I got a few ideas from other forums this A.M.: eat bananas, avocadoes, and drink orange juice and black or green tea for potassium. Also someone said to 'up' calcium. One lady suggested l,200 mg. per day works for her.
Sure hope this helps. I know that when I get toe cramps they feel like labor pains! I, too wear sandals when I can, as the cramps come out of the blue. Happened to me once in Walmart, and I couldn't even walk for help!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
(female)

TieaT HB User

I was just diagnosed with FM after more than 7 years of pain. And I used to get that ALL the time! I hadn't thought until now about it being associated...but that didn't start until after the other pain. I am sooooo glad I am not the only one. Before when it would happen, if I said something, people would laugh at me....but holy cow, it is painful! I am glad to know I am not crazy! LMBO!! And that I am not the only one!

So, NO, you aren't the only one...LOL!!!

Tiea

Old 05-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Luv, I get the toe cramps myself but not as often as I use to and not as bad. I take lots of vitamins, I do 2000mgs. calcium, and others and try to eat a healthy diet. Potassium is suppose to be good for muscle cramps etc. but I don't take that as a specific vitamin. I do however take plenty of magnesium, it is actually Malic Acid as Magnesium (straight magnesium can cause diarrhea) and it is very good for your muscles and for fibro. I usually get the cramps when I sit or lie down to relax, then I jump straight up and put pressure on my foot and that usually does the trick.

Tiea, I use to think everyone got the sharp shooting pains and had the burning pain, but I quickly found out they didn't when I would mention it and get a look like.....what are you talking about. As the muscles started hurting more and the fatigue set in and people 10yrs. older than me could do so much more than me, I knew something was wrong.

Glojer

Old 05-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
(female)

sunny47 HB User

I get toe cramps but luckily (or unluckily) I only get it in one toe. I have at times in a store had to take off my shoe and literally stand on my toe with the other foot/shoe to get it to stop - luckily I had on sneakers and not hard soled shoes. Another time actually had to bend it and pop it with my hand.

No fun at all.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
(female)

Ishla HB User

Toe cramps are a pretty much daily escapade for me. The only thing I find that stops it is to bend them back... well, straighten them actually. I thought that maybe it was lack of potasium, etc... but so far nothing has stopped it.

Closed Thread