It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

cleagirl72 HB User
does this sound like fibro

Hi, I'm 36yrs. old divorced mother of three, I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I don't really think that's what I have but I've had so many tests done and that's what the rheumatologist came up with. I was just wondering if my symptoms are what other people have:
constant lower back pain(sciatia)
I also have raynaurds syndrome
have severe dry eyes and mouth, but neg. for sjorenens syndrome
have hypermobility syndrome
restless leg syndrome
suffer from migraine's
vertigo
I have a small pineal cyst
told i have arthritis in lower back
anemia
I feel shaky and my hands seem to jerk and twitch alot and I have constant
numbness in my fingers.
I am always tired
I get pins and needles sensation in hands and arms
lots of stomach pain, bouts of diarhea
yeast infections and lower abdominal pain
lately I've been having hot flashes and I think I'm way too young for menopause. All pap smears and test normal
I've always loved the sun but noticed recently the heat makes me feel horrible, I get very hot and break out in a rash all over my arms and legs and face.
My doctors say all tests all normal for autoimmune disorders, I've been tested for lyme and all kinds of bloodwork, all normal. neg. for diabeties and thyroid problems. neg for lupus too.
I guess the doc's feel if they cant get any positive test results then either I'm nuts or I have fibro. They made me feel like I was crazy and so I've deceided to stop going because they didn't seem much help.
If anyone has any advice I would appriciate it.. I've done alot of reading on fibro and seen all the commercials on t.v. I don't have cronic aches and pains and I work in a supermarket and lift very heavy items all day long, I constantly have boxes fall on me and its not the worst pain I've ever felt. I get lots of bruises from work and don't even know when they happen. I have read that with fibro just even the slightest touch or push can cause alot of pain. This is why I dont think I have fibro and rather something else the docs overlooked. I would appriciate any advice or info. ThankYou

Last edited by cleagirl72; 05-15-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: does this sound like fibro

no pain? that dosent sound like fibro to me did they test tender points on you? did you have any? dr can be jerks that is for sure i think they might be missing something yes i do get pins and needles but i am in pain 24/7 with something maybe someone else can help with some input hugs charlene

Old 05-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

Grapedy HB User

Doesn't really sound like fibro to me either. Some of the things you've got can go with fibro, but the main symptom is all over muscle pain that doesn't get better. Have you been checked for MS and Parkinson's?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
(female)

lynn41 HB User

I too got the FM diagnosis when the rheumatologist couldn't make the "pieces fit" to anything else. I do have pain, but have other things that aren't typical with FM. I can understand your frustration with the physicians. I am right there with you. Have you tried any of the programs on the Internet to get a diagnosis where you put in your symptoms and they narrow down what it could be? I think one of them is the WEB MD symptom checker and I think the Mayo Clinic has one on its web-site. Good luck - and I totally feel your pain about it all.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
(female)

cleagirl72 HB User

Thanks for repying to me.... When I first started to not feel well and have back pain and pins and needles and then the dizziness I thought about MS and with the shaking and having the jitters and walking into things and losing my balance I thought about young parkinsons disease. But I've been to 2 nuerologists and passed all the tests. Had a brain mri w/wo contrast and all was fine. only finding was a small pineal cyst, which I was told by both docs wasnt serious and lots of people have them. I thought about carple tunnel as an explanation to my hands and arms shaking, but doctors never mentioned that or checkd me for that. I had an emg of lower back and legs and all was normal. The rheumy said that unexplained symptoms and vague pain and all my other symtoms were what she called fibro. She didnt do any tender point testing, just gave my a script for elevil, which didnt work because it made me too tired...
so then she gave me a script for cymbalta, but I never even got it filled because of the side effects I read about online.. She also gave me a pescription for relafin which is an nsaid, like aleve or advil.. which doesent help much other then a little relief from the back pain... but the shaking and just generally not feeling well...it doesnt help me. I dont have cronic widespread pain just a feeling of not feeling well, not feeling like myself.. I sometimes get leg cramps especially right before that time of the month.. I get muscle spasams when I stretch too much.. but the pain isnt all day lasting and only my lower back hurts really bad but I do believe its arthritis because it showed up on the mri's and x-rays Ive had. Plus my job is very demanding physically. well thanks again for the advice and help! much appriciated,, if anyone has any other suggestions I would be glad to hear. Because not really knowing what is wrong with me makes me feel worse.
Ann

Old 05-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
(female)

Grapedy HB User

Reading things online in regards to medications is just about the worst thing you can do for yourself. The companies are required to list every single thing that happens to the people participating in the trial, even if it's clearly NOT related to taking the drug. That's why practically every drug lists runny nose or URI symptoms as a side effect, and why some list cancer. The drug itself doesn't cause cancer, somebody participating in the trial happened to get diagnosed while the trial was in process so it had to be listed.

It wouldn't hurt to try the Cymbalta and see if that helps. Sometimes depression does manifest itself in an almost entirely physical manner.

However, it really does not sound like you have fibro and it sounds like your doctor doesn't really know what fibro is or how to diagnose it. Carpal tunnel rarely, if ever, causes your hands and arms to shake. Carpal tunnel syndrome is where the carpal nerve is being impinged by something, which causes numbness and tingling until the nerve is freed.

And I would recommend staying very far away from online "symptom checkers", even if it's hosted by the Mayo Clinic or Web MD. There are so many variables and so many things that can happen with a human body that it takes a human brain to figure it out.

Closed Thread