It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

moetwins HB User
What to do for sore feet?

Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone knew of a cure to relieve sore feet? My feet ache all the time and I don't know what to do about it. My massage therapists told me that drinking black cherry juice can help but so far I have had no relief. I was wondering if anyone knew of a cream or something to help relieve the pain. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by moetwins; 05-19-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
(female)

Grapedy HB User
Re: What to do for sore feet?

I don't know of any creme, but washing your feet with a salt scrub is very relaxing. You have to massage it in so it exfoliates properly, and the massage action helps the ache.

You can also soak them in Epsom salts and that's supposed to help. Mine have never been that bad, and not being on my feet all day every day has pretty much taken care of my sore feet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
(female)

moetwins HB User

Thanks so much for replying Grapedy! That's nice that you don't have to be on your feet all day, do you have a job that allows you not to be on your feet all day? I really hope I can find a job like that someday, right now I am just in school and I don't know how I would ever be able to handle a job where you have to stand all day. Thanks so much for your help again, I will try a salt scrub!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
(male)

David 12321 HB User

The salt suggestion is a good one. I hear Dead Sea salts are great. I used it once and it was wonderful. It's not so much that your feet are gonna not hurt as it is they feel good in a different way. I use a heat pad at times and it helps. I also do anything possible not to let my feet get ice cold, as they and my hands like to do. When that happens, I soak my feet in hot water in the tub and crank the jacuzzi part. It blows warm bubbles and always helps. I also give myself foot massages all the time. Much better when someone else does it though!

Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
(female)

TieaT HB User

I am right there with you Moet. I am on my feet all day, and my feet hurt so bad I often can barely walk at the end of the day. I have to hold the wall to get myself down the hallway at times. it is really not fun at all. I have been thinking about getting one of those foot spa things to soak my feet in at night.

So I am hoping someone knows of something, because I would like to know the anser also. But just know that you aren't alone in this one.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
(female)

Viki2 HB User

Hi there, my feet bother me all the time too. My hands bother me the most, so my therapist told me to buy one of those hot wax units like they use in spas to do your hands with. You can get them at Walmart, they aren't very expensive and they can be used on your feet too. You just dip them in the hot wax about 5 times, then cover them with towels to keep the heat in and let them sit for about 20 minutes. It feels great, that should help I think.
Viki2

Old 05-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
(female)

Ishla HB User

My feet are the most horribly painful things. I am always trying to find relief. Here are some of the things I do that may or may not help you soothe yours.

Hot wax dip. a wonderfully deep heat that not only gets into the painful area, but also exfoliates the skin and leaves you feet feeling ohhh so nice.
Epsome salt soaking. not nearly as penatrating, but still good. If you can, rub vigorously with a towel after to take off dead cells
Wash often, keeping clean just seems to help so much. You can take a quick foot bath at work by slipping off the shoes in the ladies room and rinsing with just warm water in the sink.. who cares what anyone says who sees you either. Dry well before putting the shoes back on.
Vicks Vapor Rub. Periodically rub in Vicks in the evening before bed, slather it on pretty thick and put on some good cotton socks. Next morning the feet feel wonderful.
Listerine Mouth Wash. This has a nice astringent quality, and as a bonus, kills nasty things like athletes foot fungus pretty good too.
Ponds Face Cream. It's good for your face, but using on your feet leaves them feeling wonderfully moisturized.

I hope you will try some of these. They help me so much... even the odd ones.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Oh, I feel for anyone who has sore feet and has to stand on them all day. I use to have to stand eight to ten hour shifts. I have had plantar faciitis (had surgery for it) and have so much inflammation in my feet. You have had some wonderful suggestions from everyone, let me add my tips. For hurting, swollen feet after standing on them...put your feet in as cold of water that you can stand, put ice in it if you can stand it. The swelling and some of the pain will subside after you soak them a few minutes. Then do some of the warming wonderful things everyone has suggested. I usually didn't do the warming cause I was too tired but I did a self massage after the swelling and burning pain was relieved. There is also a cream my podiatrist recommended called Arnica cream, it is OTC and it is for pain relief. The best thing you can do is see a podiatrist and have your feet fitted for insole inserts. They make a mold of your feet and send it off and you get these foam inserts with leather and hard plastic bottoms that are fit to your feet. They are the best. If docs and insert bills are not available right now (they can be very expensive, several hundred dollars) get some in the store or Dr. Jeffrey Brooks makes a patented less expensive pair. He is my podiatrist and the last time I bought a pair they were something like seventeen dollars. If you are interested and can't find them in the stores I can post his info so you could call or write to his business. I use both types of insoles depending on what I am doing and they both are very good.

Seeing a podiatrist to get the inflammation treated can give you great relief. I had cortosone shots in my foot for a couple years to help the inflammation and pain before my insurance company finally agreed to surgery.

Glojer

Old 05-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
(female)

moetwins HB User

Thank you so much everyone for your reply's. I feel so sorry for people like me who have to suffer all day with sore feet. I am going to give these suggestions a try, I hope some of us get some relief from them. Thanks again for your help!

Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
(male)

David 12321 HB User

I'm sorry to say this but PLEASE don't soak or wash your feet in a public restroom where other people use the sink to wash their hands or face!
that's got to spread more things than necessary. nothing personal but that's nasty.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:52 AM   #11
(male)

Nikonian HB User

So Iím not alone with the sore feet,

I donít need to be on my feet all day, just 20mins will do the job for me.
The pain is unbelievable and itís accompanied with a terrible burning all over the bottoms of both feet, I also get this during the night when I wake.

Soaking my feet in cold water at this time isnít sufficient, sometimes I will go outside (during the night) and walk around on the cold paving, unfortunately even this doesnít help.

I suffer with very high blood pressure, because of this Iíve been warned off the use of a foot spa, then again even if I did use one, Iíd be putting ice cubes in the water!

Oh what fun we have

Old 06-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

I suffer from sore feet too, and had a bad case of them last night. I had my oldest son put those icy/hot patches on them. I did too much yesterday, and was on my feet too long at one time, usually about 1 hour is too long. Last night I was in pain and lying in bed and had a hard time not taking more pain medications, but I knew that if I went to sleep I would be ok. If I do too much, like running errands, like I am trying to get as much done without the kids, I have been in a grocery store, my feet were already buring at the previous store, they are burning, and aching, and I have used a cart to lean on to take the pressure off my feet. I then got my stuff done, I looked like a child who had to go pee, and kept trying to hop around to take pressure off my feet. I went out to my feet, and it was one of the times when I realized I was disabled, and I called my husband crying. I did not reach him, but left a message. I needed to just vent and say it. It was true. I am not able to do 1/4 of what I used to.

I have started using epsom salt and soaking in that, and I think it helps. The biggest thing is staying off them. I am only 31, and I never, ever thought I would battle so much pain from normal activities that 1 year ago was no big deal. It is so hard when you have gained weight, and want to lose it, but if you exercise it starts a flare up, and adds on to your feet pain.

I really feel for all of us who have to deal with this. I secretly want to buy one of those foot bathes, and maybe will some day.

Good luck to all of us. I wish us a pain-less day.

Kassandra

Closed Thread