It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
(female)

hsanthuff HB User
Unhappy What does this sound like to you?

Hi everyone. I posted here several times before but I have some more questions. I need to know what kinds of pain fibro can cause. Here are my main symptoms:

Deep bone pain
Chest pains
Pains near elbows, wrists, shoulders, knees
muscle aches in thigh and arms
Vit D defiencey
Terrible memory problems.cant even think of my birthday half the time without thinking about it for a second and i am 24
shortenss of breath
Upper abdominal pain

I have pains all over all the time...one second it will be in my arm, then leg, then elbow....it jumps around constantly. I have weeks where its just terrible and then occassionally I barely notice it all . All my symptoms started about a year ago right after having twins..duno if that has anything at all to do with it. My very first symptoms was deep excrutiating bone pain then over time has been affecting my muscles as well.

I have had:
2 full body bone scans- normal
chest x-ray- normal
forearm x-ray- normal
lyme disease test- normal
lupus test- normal
100 other blood test normal

My problems seem to be getting progressively worse. It scares the crap out of me because I dont know if its fibro or something life threatening. I have 3 children to think about. I feel like I am absolutely losing my mind and no one seems to get it. I spend a lot of my time worrying....people say oh dont worry i am sure you are fine but they have no ideal what its like to go through something like this. My rhemutologist checked me for tender points and nothing! The thing that concerns me the worst is the intense sharp bone pains.....I didnt know fibro could cause this??? Its like for a month or so one forearm will bother me all the time and then it will later switch to the other. The bone gets sore to press on and when I pick up my children it feels like my bone is going to snap in half.....what do you guys think? My dr wants me to go to Mayo Clinic if I am still convinced its something terrible....?!?! Please help me

Thanks
Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
(female)

bopper HB User
Re: What does this sound liek to u?

Sounds like it could be fibro. I myself have fibro and the symptoms you are describing are certainly consistent with fibro.

A rheumatologist should be able to provide you with a diagnosis. If you find out it is indeed fibro, experiment with different treatments like exercise, proper eating, massage, etc.

Best wishes to you.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:56 AM   #3
(female)

BrinaBrina HB User
Re: What does this sound liek to u?

Hello! I agree, it does sound like Fibro to me (I am not a doctor, but am a FM survivor). You should definitely go see a rheumalogist. Are you keeping a journal of all your symptoms? Best of luck!

Old 05-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: What does this sound like to you?

sorry you are having such a hard time getting diagnosed. seeing a rheumatologist was a right move, however. tender/trigger points, are what they use to dx fibro, and you have checked out fine in that area. you seem to have been thoroghly checked out for other things as well. i am not a dr. but really believe that fibro is not your answer.
hope you can get to the end of this...take care......bevann

Old 05-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
(female)

hsanthuff HB User

Well thanks for the responses. I wasnt sure if by not having the tender points then I definately couldnt have fibro? It makes sense though...that is why I figured it must be something else. Also, the bone pain... I didnt think fibro caused a lot of bone pain just muscle pain? I have an appt tomorrow with my rheumatologist but I think I may need to be referred to an endochronoligist instead? What do you think? Thanks again!

Heather

Old 05-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
(female)

hsanthuff HB User

Anyone else????

Old 05-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Wow, Heather, you have a lot on your plate. Sounds like me! I was a relatively healthy person, and the only thing that bothered me were migraines, and they started getting worse, and pmdd. Over the last summer, the migraines got worse, and then on September 4, 2007 my tmjd flared up, and it stayed, and I still battle the pain everyday. The tmjd pain went from my face, teeth, ear, into my neck and shoulders, and then into my hands and feet, then my joints, muscles, and bones. I am now a chronic pain patient, and stay at home with my 2 boys, they are 2 and 4. I know what you mean about worrying it is something more becuase you have others to think about, like your kids and husband.

My diagnosis's went like this, migraines, since I was 8, then depression and anxiety, pmdd, tmjd, myofascial pain disorder, fibromyalgia, tendonitis in my wrist and my left side jaw, and there are a couple more too.

Back to fibro, I have had 2 bad flareups in the last 2 weeks. I am unable to do anything, but lay on the couch or in bed, with ice packs, and heating pads, which ever feels better. I am exhausted, my body feels like I have been run over by a truck, my arms and legs throb with pain, and I can barely stand it. It is horrible. I try to put pillows around my body to take pressure off the muscles, joints, and bones, and lay very still. It helps if I don't move. I try to do my best to take care of everyone, and myself. I am one of those people who have pain everyday, and then have terrible flareups too. My body feels like one big bruise. Do you feel that way? I have done the fibro pressue point test on myself so many times, trying to confirm if I really had it. I have even done it on my sister many times, and she has no pain when I touch her skin on those points. Some of the ones that are touched on me, make me want to hit the roof.

From having the boys, and picking them up, I got tendonitis of the left hand wrist, and it has been there for 5 years now, off and on. Sometimes my bones hurt so bad, I think there must be something more serious wrong, but then think or calm myself down to it being fibro. What about burning, do your feet burn and throb when you stand on them for too long? I can't stand on them for longer than an hour. I have used a grocery cart for a crutch to make it out of the grocery store.

I could go on and on. Please keep posting, it helps so much. I cannot thank everybody here for helping me with soooo many things.

Good luck,

Kassandra

Old 05-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

-vitamin D deficiency affects calcium absorption. This could be causing the bone pain. Get a vit D supplement, maybe cacium/magnesium as well. Ask your doctor. (I had low vit D also). Do you live in a non sunny place?

-I have read that tender/trigger points are not necessarily a diagnosis for fibro. (myofasical pain syndrome and fibro can go hand in hand...some think the tender points are related to myofascial)

-nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. I can't stress this enough.

Closed Thread