It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
(female)

LynFromCT HB User
Does Your Pain Pump help your FIBRO? or RA?

my mom is 72, still a young woman with a life to live... but she is in intolerable pain... she has RA, a fused spine and fibro... she takes morphine but it doesn't help much, she had a electronic stimulator implanted but it doesn't help...

she wants a pain pump - but her doctor won't do it, so we are looking at other doctors - but does anyone with fibro have a pain pump - if you do, how much does it help?

was it worth getting? would you do it again?

can you help us find someone who will implant it, we live in connecticut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User
Re: Does Your Pain Pump help your FIBRO? or RA?

Lyn, I wish I could help you, and tell you where to go, but all I can offer is I have fibro, and I suffer from pain everyday. I know how much pain one can have with fibro, and your mom is lucky she has you to help her. My guess would be that it is not just the fibro causing the severe pain that needs the pump, it is probaly a combination of the three. I live in Maine, and I have traveled to Boston, Mass General, to meet with a surgeon for my jaw, but my pcp here in Maine told me that one of his patients went to Mass General to see a rheumatologist because she did not believe his diagnosis of fibro. I would try Mass General, and she did travel all the way down there for the same diagnosis, but maybe you can find a rheumatologist who specializes in fibromyalgia. Also, have you tried a pain management doctor? Maybe you could find a pain management doctor who specializes in RA, and fibro.

I wish I could help you more, and I know how painful fibro is, and how it can damage your life. I hope this helps, and please keep writing. You said your mom has fibro, and I know it can be hereditary, but do you have it? What other pain medications has your mom tried? Your mom still has so much life to live, and needs to be as comfortable as possible, and live the best life can be. I hope someone helps you more than I can, and gives you info about the pain pump.

You are a great daughter, and I am sure your mom is so proud of you. Good luck, and please write us back and let us know how you and your mom are doing.

Kassandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread