It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Blue......questions......!!

Hi ya blue been missing our conversations. How are you feeling, how is the fibro treating you lately? I have been meaning to ask you about something you said in a post a few weeks ago. You said your Doc Laura is not your doc anymore, but I can't remember if she moved or stopped practicing or what. Anyway I am sure that was hard for you, have you found another doc to take her place and treat your fibro? Well I'm sure no one could take her place! You also mentioned a neurologist, how is that going? Did he decide what the spots on your MRI (?) were....stroke....not stroke?

I know I am being nosey here, but I do worry about our blue. You and I can't seem to make connections on the board much lately. I know you are busy with your lady helping her and her family ease through this final journey. Please take care of yourself while you are serving others as you do so well. I will be filling up the pipeline with lots of energy for you. I seem to have plenty these days.

Don't know if you saw my thread on fibro, insurance, stress, it is a long one I was a little wound up but am quite calm now. Can't let such things do me in, I actually refuse to let them. Anyway we heard from our friend bilij on that one. So I will have lots of energy to send your way.

Anyway, hope you don't mind me asking about your docs and things. I have been wanting to check on you but I have been so inconsistant on the board.

Peace and pain free days!
Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Blue......questions......!!

dearest glojer,
i never mind you asking me anything. i do like my new doc. a man this time. my dear laura sold her practice so she can be home with her babies more. she works at the hospital now as a staff doc. she left me in good hands. bless her.
the mri showed a normal brain, giggle. me?? anyway now they are calling what happened to me "spells". don't you just love the term? so old fashioned. giggle. i don't care. my brain is healthy and that matters most. i was told to forget it and get on with living so i am.
i am in a full flare up of fibro and myofacial. mostly in my low back and right fanny cheek. went to the bone doc yesterday. ordered a brace for my knee. no surgery this time as it is arthritis and surgery is rather pointless. the bones will continue to eat themselves. it is what it is. more p.t. more exercises, less massage. boo hoo. love the exercise, lust after the massage. giggle.
i am attending graduations this week and next. for my lady tomorrow. her son graduates high school. i get to watch over mom for the family. next week my granddaughter graduates from junior high. my son will be here to see his niece graduate. yes, my son is coming to see his mommy. how blessed life is. i am meditating on helping my flare pass quickly so i can have fun next week with my son.
end of this month my daughter and granddaughter from virginia come for the summer. yipee!!! oh and i am a granny again. daughter in idaho had a girl.
guess that catches you up. sorry i have been so quiet. i just run out of words sometimes. and energy. giggle. i read your thread. what a bummer. guess i am glad i have what i have, medicare and medical. all it takes is a letter from my doc and i get what i want cheap.
thank you so much for the energy. i sure can use it. it is good for me to be busy, yet the days i fall down to rest i seem to sleep all day. off to the dentist tomorrow. broke a tooth. poor fibro teeth. how it does affect every aspect of our bodies. i guess my fibro forgot how to get to jamaica this year.
i was delighted to hear you are still coming to the mountain. i spent the night there monday after dancing. it is so quiet. i feel the earth move there. i feel you and all the kids here there with me. the energy is amazing, yet so calming. healing quiet.
peace and love,
blue

Old 06-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Blue, I am so happy for you that you will have a visit with your son. You will have so much fun. I will dance with your fibro while you enjoy your visit and your grandaughters graduation. Send it my direction. I will say a few extra words in my prayers that the flare will pass and your summer will be filled with all the fun and excitement you can think of.

That is a wonderful thing for your doc laura, to be able to spend more time with her children. Braveman had a wonderful hospital doctor when he was in the hospital during his illness. Sounds like everything is status quo, with your 'normal brain' and all.....tee hee. Really couldn't resist that one. Really I am very happy nothing was found to be permanently wrong. The word 'spells' would work for me, doesn't sound as scary as some of the choices in the medical dictionary. Getting on with life is what you do very well, so the docs point is well taken.

I am with you about the massage, lust is a perfect word for it. I have been wanting to get to the massage therapist for, oh, maybe 6 to 8 months now. It seemed with braveman going to PT. twice a week and all the remodeling and oh everything else. Well I just didn't make it. Now I am aching (literally) to go and we have started on our final renovation, the powder room. So one of these days. Exercise I love, I was doing so well and feeling great and suddenly I'm having a bit...just a bit....of a little flare. Tomorrow is a day off with the remodeling hubbub and I plan to rest and exercise and rest again if I need to. When this is done we will take a break from the construction end of this madness and do the fun stuff like curtains and etc.. I will get to take my leisure at that and put my exercise and healthy eating routine first and get back on top again.

So you will be having summer fun this summer with family. I can't think of a better thing to be doing. You are truly blessed, with your son and daughter and grandaughter visiting, you will be so busy. Congratulations granny on the new arrival, did I tell you I will be grandma again in Nov., don't know yet whether it will be a boy or girl, won't find out for another couple of weeks.

Hope the tooth fairy was good to you at the dentist. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you healing energy to get you back up and going. You have to be up and running tip top for your families visits. I do your breathing exercise and every night boy does it help. Take care of yourself, and heal yourself and I will see you on the mountain. Sometimes the mountain isn't enough and I take a leisurely stroll to the lake and sit with bilij on shore while you and golden and linda and all the others float and play about in the water. It is just what the doctor ordered!

Glojer

Old 06-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi glojer,
i do feel fortunate. to have so many friends and family surrounding me, gifting me with their love and support. then there is the family i have here. while i have never seen a single face i know you all so well.
dentist went well. still have the tooth. sorry tooth fairy. giggle. hurt a bit. told him i had a big night ahead so he only gave me tiny shots by the tooth instead of the biggy in the back of my jaw. whew!! he was happy when i told him i did take one vallium. something about what he used on me. i forget. they counteracted each other and i was fine.
did the bone doc thursday. been having a huge pain in my fanny. giggle. since feb. so i figured it was time. she thinks it is a fibro flare gone bonkers. so p.t. first and if that does not do the trick we look inside for, well more damage done by the arthritis. as for my left knee there is nothing to be done. arthritis is eating it away and i just have to adjust to that and be cool. ordered a brace for my knee. it's not supposed to weaken my muscles, only stabelize (sp?) the knee cap which wobbles. if i like it i will get one for my right knee. dancing will be easier with support.
worked my fanny off exercising thursday. it felt good. it hurt, but in that good way that says later you will love me for it. got my massage too. heaven. pure heaven!!!!!
sounds like you have been up to your eyes in work. i bet your house will look lovely when it is done. then you can lie back and gaze at all your new beautiful surroundings. how is braveman doing? i see you and bilij by the waters edge and all of us floating away, giggling and splashing. i hear you laughing and the sound is magic to my ears.
i am in a rather nasty flare. it seems to be easing a bit. i'm ready. giggle. i think the ultrasound therapy is helping the fms and cmp in my fanny so that is easing the rest of me from the stress of so much pain. a real pain in the arse, that's me!!
peace and hugs and stars,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 06-07-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: had to brag about massage. giggle.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Get those braces and wear them proudly, cause you gotta dance! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't dance and move about to music. I can't sing a note worth a hoot and never could learn to read music but I know how to keep a beat and dance my hind end off. That is my music appreciation. Braveman of course is the musician (trumpet player) and passed that along to both our children, so he loves to buy CD's and play loud music when we are working on projects and things. He works, I dance......that's what he gets for putting on that good dancin music..giggle!

Braveman is doing very well, thank you for asking. He is so much like his old self, it is a little scary. I was hoping for a whole different man!!!!! I'm kidding of course, the prayers of everyone on the board and all our friends brought him back to me and I am very grateful. By the way, Miracleman is having a birthday next month, he will be 69yrs. old. Truly amazing!

I had a few bad days with the fibro, but I up my exercise today and it really helped. You know I had such on and off flares for so long this past winter, finally got myself into a routine of exercise and it has really been helping. I am afraid to brag too much cause you know when you least expect it fibro will jump up and bite you. Anyway you go girl with the exercise, it does feel so good. Even when you have to push yourself to do it you always feel better afterward.

Wait a minute I guess you know fibro has already taken a bite out of your arse, it hurts there......lol. I know what you mean by the good hurt, I have said that so many times. Be kind and gentle to yourself, rest and give fibro some space until it gives up and goes back to it's hiding place.

Yes, my home will be what I consider nice and comfortable. It will reflect me and of course braveman. We bought this circa 1970 condo with the avocado green and harvest gold over 10yrs. ago and just didn't quite get around to the remodel as soon as we thought we would. I am glad we waited, because I like so many of the new things I picked that would not have been available had we done this right away. Besides, I can enjoy the process more now that I am home all the time. It wouldn't have been near the fun when I was working and without the ups and downs of fibro....well what would be the fun in that.

Glad all worked out with your the tooth fairy, she can be pretty reasonable most of the time. Take care of yourself and rest and don't forget to breath.

Glojer

Old 06-08-2008, 06:41 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
thanks for the laughs. a new man, ha! never heard of an illness that does that, giggle.
so, miracleman is having his birthday soon. you carry a big hug from me to him on his magic day. he is proof that joy and love conquer so much. he is love.
avacado green, yuck. i remember those colors well. those alone could cause a fibro flare to me. giggle. i am glad all the work and stress are almost over. even fun stuff can be stressful to us fibro brats.
nothing will stop me from dancing. especially fibro or arthritis. not yet anyway. one day i will be dancing from a chair. can you see me wiggling and bopping at 80? giggle. gotta get my fanny happy first, tee hee. amazing a flare could land there and last so long. guess it has been years since i got hit this hard and in one spot. poor fanny. can't reach it to kiss it better. guess i will have to find someone to kiss it for me. yea, excuse me could you kiss my arse please? giggle.
i took a walk yesterday around our property. it felt good. so many flowers abloom and the trees already grow heavy with fruit. can't wait for my braces so i can really get moving and soon walk up my back road which is very steep. good for my no fanny muscles. nobody told me my fanny would disappear with age. i just expected it all to sag, giggle. oh, the rest of me did. giggle.
we have a squirrel in our yard. she is nursing babies somewhere in the trees behind us. her visits get me up and laughing. i run out to be sure she has food and won't break another bird feeder. nature and determination get me exercising and this makes me happy.
my son will be here wednesday. i am excited. last time i saw him he was in i.c.u. and almost died. this time will be full of fun and no fears, no tears. yipeeee.
time to let my fibro fanny rest again. sure glad i have pretty things hanging from my ceiling to gaze up at. this laying down so much is absolutely boring, boring. makes my fanny happy tho. silly fanny.
carry kisses and hugs to braveman and miracleman for me. and a special magic hug for you my friend.
peace and stars,
blue
ps. are you having crazy weather there? one of my daughters called last night from chicago (buisness trip) and she was scared. tornado warnings. she wants to be home in sunny california. she sounded a bit tipsy. giggle. guess i would be too.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blue crazy weather is the name of the game here. I really hate this time of year when the storms bring those awful rains and then the tornados and sirens. You never know whether to go to the basement or keep watching the weather on TV., or just bend over and kiss your fanny goodbye! We have had such a lot of rain and the barometer keeps the joints screaming all the time. Allergies have been a real problem this year for people who have really never had a problem with them before.

I know how exciting it is to see someone you love so much up and doing normal things after you have seen them in ICU. Braveman is vacuuming right now, cause our friends (the retired carpenter and his wife) just left and he is the clean up man. The new railing at the top of the stairs didn't get finished so they will be here again tomorrow. We are tired and so are they but we have been friends for somewhere around 40yrs. and you just keep going until you get it done. Anyway it is great to hear Braveman doing all those normal things, I can even here him cursing about something that went wrong....LOL...I'm sorry that always makes me laugh.

You rest your fibro laden hind end, you made me laugh with the asking someone to kiss your arse. Walking around should be helpful but not too much. You have lost the weight, and your fanny has drooped, my fanny just keeps getting bigger. Have you ever seen an old gal in 'daisy dukes' whose fanny has dropped and is hanging out the backs of her shorts. That is one disgusting site. That will never be us, no , we are just too young for that!

I'm hoping to make it through these next few days without a flare, these late nights on top of the long days and of course the eating we do is starting to take it's toll on the fibro. We just can't help the eating when we are having such a great time with our friends, even though we are so tired.

That's what fun you should be having this summer with your son and then with your daughter and grandaughter so much fun and such a great time even though you will be so tired. It will be heaven.

Take care my nature loving friend, get that fibro whipped into shape. I will pass along your hugs to braveman and miracleman. Exercise, rest, exercise, rest and get a massage for your sore backside, then start all over again. My flares hit my legs or back, there is too much area in my arse even for fibro....giggle!

Peace and painfree days ahead.
Glojer

Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
my fibro fanny can still wear daisy dukes. i have a couple of pairs. giggle. my fanny just disappeared so no droopy sags to hang out the bottom. pretty soon i will look horrid in them so am doing it while i still can, giggle. you could send me some of your fanny, then we will be perfect, ha!!
it seems to get better and then i sit down to do, well, anything and hello you pain in the arse. wish someone would call me that, giggle, since it is at last true. tee hee. gotta keep laughing and making jokes about it, ya know?
allergies are crazy here too. my mom says i came out talking and sneezing. no doubt she is right. haying season is almost over for spring. one more time in the fall. mostly it affects my eyes and i sneeze, alot.
hey, ask braveman if he would like to come mow our yard. no lawn, just seasonal weeds on the property. i am delighted to hear our dear braveman is feeling chipper enough to curse. hope he uses good ones, giggle. i have no doubt the sound of anything he does brings joy to your heart. i bet even gas makes you smile now. kiss the "old poop" for me. tee hee.
tonight is dance night. my favorite exercise and mental therapy. come dance with me. they play our era of music. you know, old stuff. more giggles!! when i dance i feel no pain. it is better than any pill i ever tried for fibro. there is something about being active that really bugs fibro. in a good way. makes it pout and go in a corner. even for a bit it is heaven to be free. free to dance. free of pain.
it's a busy week for me as well. planning a party for saturday. bringing all the music men and their friends to the mountain to eat, dance and play music. hope your friends are able to finish up today. no doubt your fibro is dancing with joy at you not eating properly and getting your routine all askew.
my fanny says it is time to shut up and go for a walk in the soft light before dawn.
take care my friend,
peace,
blue

Old 06-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
(female)

bilij HB User

Hello you two!! I would love to sit on the rivers edge and listen
to the two of you talk. What a pair!! Wait until you are my age
and you'll forget ''Daisy Duke'' shorts.
My new knee is so wonderful and someday soon I'll get another
new one on the right. Fibro has been SUPER bad for about three
weeks. I just keep moving and do the best I can.
I remember spending 6 months studying the 5 senses of the body.
I was amazed at how they worked together.Fibro has certainly proven
that science to be a fact. Strong odors nearly do me in. Loud noises
are unbearable. Taste is amplified; too sweet,to salty,to sour and on
it goes. Even after cataract and glaucoma surgery, I can drive without
glasses, but the sense of touch, the nerve endings and pain receptors
work overtime. I feel even the slightest pain that before this strange
disease appeared, I would not have even felt.
Forgive me for butting in on your sweet conversations. (When one gets
old, we can do that.)
I love you both and you are unique girls.
Bilij

Old 06-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bilij dear friend you could never butt in, you are one of us and welcome to add your pennies worth anytime. I am about 10yrs. older than blue and I have forgotten my 'daisy dukes' many years ago. I am glad I was a little skinny 90lb. twiggy when they were popular, they were easy to wear then.

You described how fibro affects the senses so very well. Noise is the worst for me, loud noises just make me a wreck, they actually hurt my ears. I have a very lousy sense of smell, but when I do smell something it is usually such a strong odor to me it almost makes me sick. I have read that most of us fibromights have a very high tolerance to pain, but a very low threshold. I now know it is true. The few little medical procedures I have had to have done have surprised me at how painful they were. Pain I use to not even feel or notice is so very intense I can barely stand it. What I read was that we have had so much pain for so long that we become so sensitive to the least amount. Even at that most people would not be able to endure the pain of a disease like fibro and others like it.

I am so glad your knee is feeling better but sorry your fibro has had the opportunity to jump in there. Come to the lake with blue and I and rest and watch blue and golden and all the others play in the warm water and you and I will sit on the shore on one of goldens beautiful blankets and you can tell me wonderful stories about your time on the farm growing up. I will tell you about my summers on my aunt and uncles farm when I was growing up and we will laugh in fibros face.

Blue, dance....dance....dance, do if for me and for bilij. Do it for your fibro fanny. If you got the 'GAMS' show 'um off baby! Wear those daisy dukes with pride. What a wonderful time everyone will have this weekend. I know you will plan an excellent party.

Tomorrow we get indoor plumbing.....giggle! The plumber will be here for what we hope is the last time and install our new fixtures in our powder room. It has been a long time in the making. I will be so glad to not have to climb the steps to the second floor everytime the urge strikes. We have only done that for 5 days and already I'm saying ....not again! I drink lots of water you know!

I'm winding down tonight, my muscle relaxers are kicking in and I will get up and get ready for the plumber tomorrow....I hope he remembers....so I will drift off tonight thinking of the mountian and the wonderful fun you will be having. Keep chasing your fibro away and I will keep sending you and bilij lots of energy and I will do a special delivery to our golden friend across the pond.

Glojer

Old 06-12-2008, 06:23 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

hi bilij,
long time my friend. how delightful your new knee is healing so well. ah, the acute awareness of our senses. trippy. so sorry your fibro is jerking you about. seems alot of us are flaring at the same time. we will just go to the mountain and relax, visit, laugh and love. bless our imaginations.
love the age use. giggle. even tho i am the second youngest oldie here i use it too. giggle. as time has gifted me with the freedom to be so it does for us all. i love this growing old stage. not the pain. just the freedom. tee hee.
i really am delighted you decided to pop in. for you and glojer and our golden friend and all our new friends i will dance up energy for us all. got my knee brace yesterday, yipee.
gotta go now. my fibrofanny is hollering at me. guess i better take my own advise and listen to my body. giggle.
peace and many healing hugs,
blue

Old 06-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Listen to that gal blue, she has served you well. When your body says rest it is time to do it. I let today get away from me, but it was one of those helping my daughter days. You know the mom can you pick me up at the car repair shop and drive me to work and of course reverse the process for coming home. Braveman and I did more than that we took her to dinner too. I had to get up way to early this morning for HER work and I never did get my nap, there was no cooking for this old gal. Thats what moms are for!

Hooray for the knee brace, let us know how well it works. I know you will have a great party on the mountain. Bilij and golden and I will be there in the breeze you feel when you whirl and shake and rock to the music. We will be the brightest stars in the sky that night shining down on you. Have a great time.

First though rest that body and heal that fibro flare.

Glojer

Old 06-13-2008, 05:12 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Smile Re: Blue......questions......!!

Hello my friends,

Glad to see you all, blue, glojer, bilij and anyone else who is reading. Just to say I am around. I am having a bit of a problem at the mo with my fibro, shoulders almost moulded into my neck but maybe it isn't helped by the fact that I am now back on line and beavering away on things that needed catching up on hee hee !!

Oh, I had my eyebrows re-done yesterday. I lost them because of chemotherapy treatment and now I am the proud owner of super duper eyebrows, had them done differently this time. They are a bit dark, but once the pigment fades I will look fantabulous - or so I hope hee hee !! Makes me feel good even if nobody else knows they are there hee hee !! Had my hair highlighted too. I have been quite unwell for a while and I feel the need to brighten myself up physically and mentally. I am going to my little neighbour's wedding in August so I am building myself up to have the inevitable photogaph taken - I am so freaked at the thought of that - eeeek

Anyway fibro permitting I am going out for a drive with my darling compassionman and hope we have a good afternoon weather wise. Can't go out when it is hot and sunny because of my lupus. It is ok at the moment to think of going out for me.

Restricted as to where we can go though really, as we have the island music festival on here. Lots and lots of visitors and islanders attend and it is such a tremendous event. Top bands too.

Luv to you all and I will speak here real soon.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 06-13-2008 at 05:36 AM.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

hey goldie!
the sun came out and there you are. with your stunning eyebrows and lovely hair. i think you are beautiful. picture taking, yuck. me too. i am very good at fading away when cameras appear. giggle. wear all your pretty jewels and a flowing skirt. i will see you that way.
sorry you are flaring about also. seems our fibro buddies are in the mood to play together. little stinkers.
hope you got your play time with compassionman. getting out is so important for you. kiss the old man for me.
glojer i will look for you all in the stars saturday night, and i will feel you all softly brushing by me on the breeze.
time to get ready to head up there. much cooking awaits me. and a bit of lazing in the sun later.
hugs and snuggles, peace and love,
blue

Old 06-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi golden, it is so wonderful to hear from you. Sorry the fibro is giving you fits. I just had my hair highlighted too, I get it done about every 4mo's. Got to hide that grey somehow. I remember you getting your eyebrows done before, I think that is a marvelous idea. I know you look fan-tab-ulous!! I hope your time out with compassionman was wonderful. I was out with braveman tonight but it wasn't that scenic or romantic, not like going to an island music festival. We went to a hardware store and the pharmacy, then to return something at another store and then to a different hardware store. Oh, so exciting and romantic!!!!!

Like blue I also run from the camera. I am not very photogenic but braveman is and so is our son. Our daughter not to bad but she takes after me and my mother we just are not the photographic type. Our grandson is very photogenic, do you see a pattern here all the men non of the women!!! I just say we are gorgeous in person and the real thing is so much better than an imitation.

Give compassionman a hug from me. Take care of yourself and enjoy the wedding.

Blue, live it up enjoy yourself and party hardy!!! I will think of you Sat. night and twinkle just a little brighter for you.

Glojer

Closed Thread