It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Heat, humidity, muscle spasms, headaches, pain

Hello,

I haven't posted here in ages, though I read every day.

It is 95 and humid these past few days, and I am just sick all over. Intense muscle pain in neck, shoulders, arms, legs, back, shoulders, neck in spasm.
Migraines, nausea, just sooo tired and can't really sleep.

It's one of the worst flares I've had. And I cannot rest because my apartment house is being weatherized: trucks and hammering and coming and going in and out of my place, from very early morning until late afternoon.

Help! Does anyone else get much worse with this kind of weather? What to do? (a moot question, I'm afraid, since I must be here to let workmen in and out.)

Thanks, and I'm glad to see so many of you good folks are still here,

Seaturtle

Old 06-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
(female)

Donna1964 HB User
Re: Heat, humidity, muscle spasms, headaches, pain

Hi,
The weather is awful and that's exactly how I'm feeling. Slightly better than yesterday but I sure wish that a good thunderstorm would roll through. It usually makes it calm down for a bit. Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi ya seaturtle, glad to see your post. Here in good old St. Louis the storms and humidity and now heat is trying to do a number on my fibro. On top of that with work being done on my house my hubby keeps the A/C so cold I'm freezing most of the time. Try to hang in there while the work is being done, when it gets too bad come here and vent. You know we are good listeners.

Glojer

Old 06-10-2008, 05:28 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Seaturtle, I have been experiencing this same thing with hot temperature's 90's, humidity, falling barometers, and thunderstorms. My husband, thank goodness, put in the a/c in yesterday. I am not sure how i am going to handle this weather, it is only the beginning of June. Here in Maine we can have a day that is 90, hot, and humid, and then the next day have a wet, windy day, and it is 60 degrees. My body just feels hammered.

I am not sure what we can do. I feel really guilty staying indoors all day when it is do hot, the boys, 2 and 5 today!, want to be outside. The heat bothers me so much, and along with the meds they make me sweat, and I am embarassed. Does anybody else deal with sweating?

I am thankful for the air conditioner, and it is already cooler, and not so muggy in the house. I have started keeping a lot of soft ice packs, and then the rice pack that goes around your neck in the freezer too. They help with keeping me cool. I go to bed with them.

I have had 3 flare ups in the last 2 weeks. I was hoping that with warmer weather it would be easier on me, but it has been the opposite. My body is swelling, and breatheing seems are harder. Yes, my migraines, temporal tendonitis (facial muscle spasms from the temporal mandibular joint going into my left eyeball) have all gotten worse. Aghhhhhh, so frustrating, I know how you feel. I think trying to stay as cool as possible, be comfortable, rest as much as you can, and do not over do it, and lastly, something I am everyonce in awhile not good at, is keep up with taking medications, especially pain medications.. Yesterday, I let it go too long, 8 hours, and was really bad off for about 45 minutes. That is what I am trying to do.

I, too, would love any other advice. I am nervous that I am going to have to keep the kids in a lot of the time, because I am going to be flaring up.

Thank you, and good luck.

Kassandra

Old 06-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Thanks, everyone. Glojer and Blue, glad to see you again. And everyone else, too.

The workmen were here again all day, will be for a least a week. They drilled too far into the outside house wallks, so my floor was covered with insulation, arrgh. When they left, I went to basement to clean out cat litter pans, and the whole floor was covered with insulation particles, stacks of fiberglass insulation left all over, too. This will harm my cats, so I spent two hours vacuuming and putting contractor's bag arount the fiberglass insulation. I was exhausted to begin with.

There's supposed to be severe T-storms, possibility of tornado , major hail.
I did call doc and he it putting me into PT next week, should help. I have Vicodin. but hate to take it, doesn't help much, anyway.

It's so good to be posting here again. I didn't realize how I missed all of you.

Peace and lower temperatures for us all!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I had a thread about the healing power of the people on this board. I had spent blocks of time a way and realized everytime I came back just how good it made me feel. We are glad you are back and hope to make you feel better too. Hang in there!
Glojer

Old 06-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
(female)

Grapedy HB User

I'm the opposite. I feel better in the summer with the heat and humidity. Thunderstorms get me, but not the heat. Then again I also live in one of the most humid places in the country and have lived here my whole life. I don't do well in low humidity climates.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Those of you in the East should get a beautiful day tomorrow, thursday, because my day here today in southwestern ontario was lovely. Low humidity, light breeze, hottest temp was 75. Just gorgeous. So here's hoping it will be coming your way.
And Kass - the sweating !!!!! Oh my gosh, it drives me crazy$^&^&**!!! Once I get hot, I cannot stop sweating. The meds are most of it I'm sure, but sometimes (in public) I can get away with making a light joke about my "age" etc. Staying cool is my goal, but obviously not almost possible.
Wishing you peace comfort and cool breezes,
Paddy

Old 06-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
(female)

sunny47 HB User

Hi all - I was glad to see this thread. I have read everyone saying the cold makes their FM worse, but I have trouble with the heat. I live in south Florida and each year it gets harder and harder. I ache more and have more fatigue each summer when it is hotter and more humid. How can heat applied to areas help the aching and the heat out doors make it worse??????

On the flip side when I have visited my family in up state New York during the winter, I had little or no aching. I know my FM is mild compared to a lot of you all that I read about but it seems strange that cold affects some and heat others - guess one of the quirts of FM.

I am thinking of moving up by my family - if I can get medical insurance - I am under 65 and not on Medicare.

For you all up north I am glad that your heat wave has broken so maybe you will have some relief.

sunny47

Closed Thread