It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

osue043 HB User
Good results with Cymbalta?

I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My doctor gave me a perscription today for Cymbalta. I have read hours worth of horrible side affects and results from this drug but would love to hear some success stories. I am currently on Skelaxin and Darvacet - only when pain gets unbearable (4-5 pills/week). Skelaxin doesn't seem to do anything and I don't like the loopy, skincrawling feeling I get from narcotics. Am hoping Cymbalta will find me some relief.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User
Re: Good results with Cymbalta?

OSue - I just asked some questions about these antidepressants, including Cymbalta, on a thread about Lexapro (should be near the top of the list now). Just thought you might want to check in there for more talk etc. I'm looking for answers too.
Wishing you peace and comfort,
Paddy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
(female)

grimedy HB User

I have taken Cymbalta for years--don't know that I can say that it helps with the pain...but then, again, I don't know if I would be in far worse pain if I didn't take it...

Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
(female)

melobious HB User

This is my second time on cymbalta and i originally started taking it for the anxiety that came with my fibro diagnosis! I thought it was controlling my anxiety only so decided to try and deal with it without drugs assuming it did nothing for the pain!! when i stopped taking it (took months to get off) the pain became so much worse then when i was on it!! I am now back on it and will admit that my pain has gone down again and it also controlling my anxiety!!

I will admit that getting off Cymbalta is horrible and needs to be done really really slowly but Cymbalta has actually helped me function!! I have also read the bad stories about Cymbalta but if you can tolerate the side affects that come with first starting it (horrible nausea etc) it works well for me! i am only on 30 mg but have been on 60 for most of the time i was on it!

So if your willing to give it a go and if its not for you then at least you have tried it! everyone reacts differently to things so it may work for you!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
(male)

Dyusten HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by osue043 View Post
I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My doctor gave me a perscription today for Cymbalta. I have read hours worth of horrible side affects and results from this drug but would love to hear some success stories. I am currently on Skelaxin and Darvacet - only when pain gets unbearable (4-5 pills/week). Skelaxin doesn't seem to do anything and I don't like the loopy, skincrawling feeling I get from narcotics. Am hoping Cymbalta will find me some relief.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
(male)

Dyusten HB User

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia cfs and manny other autoimune issues . in 2009 it was a long road back i didnot work for about 2 years.Now I am back to work full time at my old job. I changed doctors 2 months ago and my dr started me on Cymbalta .It has helped me alot am also taking celebrex and vitimans. The one most important things i did to get back on my feet was eat healthy no cafene no pop no sugar .Especially sugar . For me gave me the worst flair ups imaginable. Every one is a little diferent. You will need to experment and see what helps you the best . Good luck dont give up some days can be pure hell .

Closed Thread