It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

Biyak123 HB User
Symptoms of Temporal Tendonitis???

I noticed that someone had mentioned having Temporal Tendonitis.
I have temple sensitivity from glasses and sun hats, temple pain, Jaw pain and discomfort,occipital headaches ,neck pain, shoulder pain...I hurt.

What are the symptoms of Temporal Tendonitis?

Biya

Last edited by Biyak123; 06-23-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User
Re: Symptoms of Temporal Tendonitis???

Biya- hi, sorry don't have an answer for you. I'm writing because I wanted to ask the same question, because a few times recently temporal tendonitis has been mentioned.
In addition, I was hoping to learn the difference between Temporal tendonitis and Temporal arteritis. I think I know, just want to check.
So here's hoping someone can help us out.
Wishing you peace and comfort,
Paddy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Biya and Paddy, I have temporal tendonitis, and it is horrible. I struggle with it everyday, and have flare ups on most days. I have tmjd on the left side, and it is the painful side, the joint hurts, my ear aches, and my upper teeth throb. The temporal tendonitis was finally diagnosed by my orofacial pain doctor, before I was also diagnosed with migraines, and have had them since I was a child.

My left eye is sensitive to light, and I have to shut off the eye to the light by using a patch and sunglasses. Most usually everyday. It is horrible and it has made me disabled, very close to, it is hard for me to drive because I never know when they will hit. I have made a bargain with myself that I can stay within our town, but if I have to drive any longer, I have my sister or husband drive. I usually have to use ice too, to help calm down the pain behind the eyeball. Does any of this sound familiar?

My doctor has done trigger point shots up into the nerve to help calm down the pain behind the eye, but they did not work. I went to the eye doctor and they said everything was ok with the eye, but they are worried about behind the eyeball. I am a little scared to be honest, when I shut the eye down, wear the disposable eye patch, sometimes even the eye patch that pirates would wear, then maybe sunglasses, to get the eye to calm down, and the muscles to stop spasmsing. I take muscle relaxants, and my breakthrough meds, also ice packs to stop the horrible throbbing.

I hope this helps with the symptoms. I can answer any questions.

Kassandra

Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Hey Kass.
Biya and I have a thread going under the Headaches board called Temporal Tendonitis. We've been sharing long details of the symptoms. Maybe you could read those. Sounds like we are all in the same boat. In fact, after reading about what you do, I've decided to try the eye patch, because when I have it bad, I feel like if I could just stop using that eye for anything, and keep the light from it, it would help.
I hope your situation is more bearable today Kass.
Wishing you peace and comfort,
Paddy

Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

Thanks paddy, I would go to the pharmacy and buy adult disposable eye patches. They stick on, and if you stick them correctly they will help with your eye being shut. Also, there is the patch that looks like I am a pirate. I usually have to use them everyday. I onced said around with my son who is 5, " my eye hurts so bad I am going to poke it out with a fork." He was shocked, and we both laughed. I really said it to myself, and he heard it, but the pain was about an 8 or 9, and my eye was just throbbing. Before when I had these they were just called migraines, and now that I have been diagnosed, I understand how it all is connected with my tmj.

I will join you on the headaches board. Thanks

Closed Thread