It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

May76 HB User
EMG/Nerve Conduction

Just wondering if anyone else has had these tests done and what the results were? I am 32 and started having problems in December after a bad flu. My nerve conduction showed three pinched nerves in my neck, along with ulnar and median issues in both hands. I do have a herniated cervical disk that was also discovered in December.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
(female)

rlynnbaker HB User
Re: EMG/Nerve Conduction

I had this done a couple of weeks ago-- OMG, pain only 2nd to childbirth! After all that, the neurologist said he found no abnormalities-- mine was done for non-stop muscle / nerve twitches (which have been going on for 6 months and still have not stopped on Neurontin). In my case, I think this was mostly done to rule out muscle / nerve related issues, but in hte end, it didn't provide any answers either. I hope your EMG has provided some answers to your pain-- it counds like you have alot going on.

Lynn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Don't you just love the cattle prod!? Had this done myself, but the conclusions were mixed.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 07-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
(female)

mista0316 HB User

Hello,

I went for a EMG in the beginning of June. My fingers would twich all the time. I would have a hard time to keep a pencil or pen in my hands. My Family Dr. gave me the results. He told me that I do have some nerve damage and that it will repair itself if I am carefull. They are going to do surgery to see how bad the damage really is and from there they will decide what treatment I will need.

Take care,

M

Old 07-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

May76 HB User

Thanks for the response, and best wishes on your surgery. Did he say if the nerve damage was from fibro or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista0316 View Post
Hello,

I went for a EMG in the beginning of June. My fingers would twich all the time. I would have a hard time to keep a pencil or pen in my hands. My Family Dr. gave me the results. He told me that I do have some nerve damage and that it will repair itself if I am carefull. They are going to do surgery to see how bad the damage really is and from there they will decide what treatment I will need.

Take care,

M

Old 07-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
(female)

mista0316 HB User

Hello May,

Thanks for the support.

I had sectioned a nerve on my right arm when I had my accident. But, on my left hand they do believe it is from fibro. They will know more when they operate. I was told that the nerves from the elbow down to our fingers have better chances of repair than our back or legs. ( I didn't know that.)

take care and I wil keep you posted.

bye,
M

Closed Thread