It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

Jane23 HB User
Shooting pains and numbness in arms, legs?

The last couple of weeks I've been having shooting pains in my arms from my elbows down to my fingertips and also in my legs from my hips down the backs of my thighs. On a couple of occasions, my hands have gone numb. Well, I say numb ... they tingled liked they had fallen asleep but I could still use them and feel what I was picking up.
I have been under an unusual amount of stress these last couple of weeks and so I'm hoping these are normal fibro conditions. Anyone else have these problems occasionally or with high stress?

Thanks for your help fibro team.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Shooting pains and numbness in arms, legs?

Gosh what does the doctor say...it sounds more like a pinched nerve somewhere in your spine. It doesn't sound like Fibro.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

May76 HB User

This is exactly how my problems started out. Tingling in hands/feet and shooting pains. Sometimes my thighs would also feel like they had a bad sunburn. I was tested for tons of things, and they did find a herniated disk and three pinched nerves in my neck. I've been going to Physical Therapy, and thankfully have had improvement. I still ache from time to time - especially my elbows and wrists, but I'm thankful to have had improvements. Best wishes!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
(female)

Jane23 HB User

I haven't been to the doctor yet. (Haven't had time!) I'll try to get in soon if this persists. It's not constant. It happens maybe every other day and it goes away after about 20 minutes. The thing that concerns me the most is the pain it leaves in my hands. Sometimes it hurts just to hold a plate of food with one hand. If I put my thumb and fingers together (say, to pick up something small like a penny on the desk) the pain is almost instant. It's a dull ache that shoots down the back of my hand and top of my arm.

Closed Thread