It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Feet pain

Hi all lve noticed a few mention feet pain and until recently other than my ankles or toes bothering me the last 3 days my soles are throbbing! At first it felt like they were swollen what does your feel like? Cheers x

Old 07-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User
Re: Feet pain

Niecsey - this is so funny. I've had this stupid FM since I was 25 years old (I'm 55), and not until about 1 year ago did I have any problems with my feet. Fibro-type problems, I mean. Within the last year they have evolved from the bedcovers being "uncomfortable" laying on my toes, to grinding my teeth with the pain when I am sitting with them up on a stool versus standing or walking or anything. Just about the only part of my bod not affected - yet - then boom out of the blue - here we are and we're gunna drive you crazy!!!!
My pain is from the joint under the ankle bone, and the smaller bones in my toes, and the ligaments and soft tissue binding these joints.

I suspect some people change their footwear to sandles in the summer and especially flip flops - way bad. For your feet. But I wear walkers most of the time.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone! I use that "icey" lotion stuff. I put it on at night and put some nice soft socks on, very nice, cools the burning pain.

Wishing you peace and comfort,
Paddy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
(female)

pulskaki HB User

I too have had fm since i was 25 and now i am 51 ane the past year I have hurt so bad that I am completely disabled Now I don't hardly leave the house... My feet hurt so bad this year that I can't even put on shoes I wear crockes almost every where I go... They are so swollen and they feel just so fat!!!
Bless you all and just keep up the faith
Kimmei-Kat

Old 07-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

Just wondering????Do any of you take medication for your FM? If so, what kind? I have been on Lyrica and Cymbalta for about 7 months, it took a lot of my pain away, but now my feet are really bothering me, they feel swollen, don't look swollen, but hurt so bad to walk after sitting about 10 minutes. The doc thinks that it is the Lyrica causing this, and has lowered my dose. I guess we will see in time if this helps.
Sunny

Old 07-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Thank you all for the replies x l too get pains in my toes the tops of my feet and ankle area they were really swollen the other night the sole pain is a new one too me! I get diclofenac and codeine phosphate of my doc lm still not diagnosed! Got to keep a diary and go back and see her she should book some time of cos shes going to have a lot of reading to do lol Today painwise lm not too bad...yet....... but l am so so exhausted lm 42 by the way and l first start moaning of weird pains when l was approx 20! x

Old 07-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Hi sunny - I have FM, but cannot take either of Lyrica or Neurontin (I think those names are right - pregablin and gabapentin - are the generic names?). I did try them, but doc took me off because my feet swelled terribly - edema. The retaining of fluids in the extremities is a serious side effect of Lyrica, and that's why I can't use it. So my current hurting feet have nothing to do with those meds, however, in your case, Sunny, it appears it might be. I hope that you can find the right level for the med, bec it seems to be helping you.
Wishing you peace ad comfort,
Paddy

Old 07-22-2008, 07:57 AM   #7
(female)

pulskaki HB User

Sunny, I too take Lyrica and Cymbalta and have taken Cymbalta for aver a year now and Lyrica for about 10 months and my fee just started swelling after I had a minor surgery. it's been about 1 month now and most of the swelling is to a min. but on the 29 I have surgery again and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

Hi pulskaki, Do you mind me asking what your surgery was and is going to be for? Besides the fibro, I have a neuroma in my right foot, and have almost exhausted the shots I have to have. I have one shot to go, then I get the MRI, and then I guess it is on to the surgery, I can't imagine it being a very hard surgery to recover from.

Sunny

Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
(female)

pulskaki HB User

sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you... I did have 2 surgerys and doing ok!!!now..I think.I had a Morphine pump put in and for the ddd pain and theother back pain it is now down to about a5-6 level from a 8-9 level... besides I only take 45mg of oral morphine now down from 105mg... and the lyerica is now being decreased from 600mg to 400mg but we have just started to decrease them.
nice talking with you
Kimmie-Kat

Closed Thread