It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Hi blue, how's the fanny fibro?

Sounds like a fun weekend for you, hope you have a great time. You would fit right into our family, as much as I try we do not have a schedule. We just roll with the tide around here, when something gets changed or new things crop up we just adjust.

That's just like fibro isn't it, you have to be able to adjust and make do cause you never know when the little brats are going to start jumping on your body. Went to the Botannical Gardens yesterday with DIL and grandson. Had a great time, but the new little guy still inside started moving and DIL had some extra back pain. We had spent quite a bit of time there anyway so we decided to forget supper at the old fashion cafe and head for home. That's what you do, adjust as the plans change.

Using the expression wee bits makes me think of golden, hope she is doing ok.

I am thrilled about you being off the bp meds. That is fabulous! Anytime you can eliminate a medication, especially one that can be so dangerous it is wonderful. Braveman has been on bp meds most of our married life. It seems he has plain old high blood pressure. When he was about 12yr. old and went to the doc for a sports physical his blood pressure was so high the doc said he was a canidate for a stroke. No matter what I try to do with diet for him (exercise is on his own which isn't much) his bp never gets any better without meds. Now of course his body is so messed up.....well you know. So I will do the cartwheel this time for you and your normal bp.

Have a great weekend, I plan on having a very relaxing one.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi glojer,
i talked with my doc yesterday and we agree to keep me off meds till i go see him in a week or so. it's a bit high in the a.m. then by evening it is perfect. thanks for the cartwheel. i saw you do it too. about as graceful as i am, giggle.
you know how i have those feelings? i know goldie is okay. i miss her too. yet we must accept that she will come when she has time and feels up to it.
give braveman huge hugs from this lady on the lake.
i will be attending a funeral on wednesday. i don't usually go to them. the family has requested i come so i will. please fibro behave, please. while it will be draining i know it is the right thing for me to do.
just between you and me, i really dislike funerals. always have. maybe i am weird but they creep me out.
going to drag brother out kayaking today and/or tomorrow. the swimming the other day felt so good. my granddaughter is a natural with the kayak. i knew she would be. brag, brag. giggle.
rub dil's tummy for me. pregnant women are so beautiful. why do we not know it at the time??? giggle.
have a good weekend and sing rock a bye baby to your fibro brats. maybe they will go to sleep. giggle.
peace,
blue

Old 08-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi ya blue, sorry I was away so long. It only seems like a few days to me. Honestly can't remember everything that has been going on. Have had a little fibro flaring. Still doing PT for the neck, it seems to finally be helping a little. PT said she was doing extra myofacial release, funny my neck and shoulders are so tight that it is hard for me to feel a lot of the rubbing and pushing. Went to my rheumy that same day (Tue.) and he made me want to stick my tongue out at him. I would say he made me angry but I try not to let that happen, so lets just say I wanted to give him the raspberry. He did however check my vitamin D which he has done before. I wanted my PCP to do that last time I was there but I forgot to ask her (didn't write it down), so I was going to wait for a while. Anyway rheumy did it and I am very low, my count is 17.5 in a reference range of 32 to 100. There are reasons for your vit.D to be low but right now just treating the problem will have to do until I can see PCP and see if she will look a little further into this. Going to get out on the porch and get me some more sunshine!!!! I really have been avoiding the sun because it makes me sick and gives me headaches. I will just wear my hat and play with the dog for a while, she will love it.

Been busy most of the week trying to get things going to move Miracleman to a better nursing home and one that is closer to us. The family was so upset by the fiasco we had for his B'day party and the condition he was in. Our daughter though who adores her uncle and believe me he adores her more than is imaginable got on the phone and found another bed for him closer to us. It is a nicer place and with the frequent visits we will be able to make we can keep a closer eye on his care. My in-laws left the legal care of Miracleman to a man that befriended them.....long story I will not go into......anyway he has agreed to relinquish everything but the money part.....that tells you the story right there......we don't care about the money he still has to pay the bills, we just want to get Miracleman closer and to be able to keep an eye on his care. Our daughter will have that POA, she is a fireball, so smart about things I am awed and proud of her. Isn't it amazing how those little things with the runny noses and sassy mouths grow up to be smart, amazing human beings...giggle! So that has been most of my week, phone call after phone call. Letting the 'man in control' think he was controling everything. E-gads...it is hard to keep it going until he finally figured it out, I thought I was going to have to send him a map. Anyway I am worn out but the move will take place Sunday afternoon, we have to take pictures of the new place tonight and go over to the old one tomorrow and show miracleman the pictures and explain to him we will be moving him closer to a new place. I am sure I will need lots of leaning on and venting of you and the group here next week when all is finally over. That and a tanker full of gasoline, for the driving back and forth to where miracleman is now. Two more trips and he will be 10min. away instead of 30 or 40 min. Hooray! OK, I'm getting a little slap happy.

Glad you had great fun with your family. Kayaking looks like a tough sport to learn, good for granddaughter....the natural. Hope you had fun with brother and hope he enjoyed himself. Funerals.....ugh....I have been to so many that like you I can hardly drag myself to one. I have told my family, make sure it is me in that box then close the lid and have a party. Closed casket only, no sad faces, no pictures sitting around I take an awful picture. Just play some golden oldies, pull back the chairs and rock the house. I hope it wasn't too awful for you, and the fibro brats stayed under control.

Daughter will be here soon we are off to take pictures and then to dinner tonight, oh and I guess we will let braveman go along.

Glojer

Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi glojer,
not much time to write at the moment. you take care and lean away next week. i will be around mostly.
glad miracleman is moving. emotionally it will be a hard adjustment. better treatment will speed up the process, as will frequent trips from you and braveman and daughter.
will write more tomorrow.
take care of you. oh, yea! duh, 15 minutes of sun only on the backs of your hands is adequate for daily needs. perhaps 2 times a day for you to start as you are rather low.
peace,
blue

Old 08-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Now it is my turn to say can't write much, I am so tired can't think straight. Miracleman loved his new place, was so excited to move. We went Sat. and packed up his things and daughter and I sorted through all his clothes, he had way too many. We got rid of the bad stuff and I spent last night and this morning doing all of his laundry 5 loads of things. We got a little fanatic, and wiped down his shoes and cleaned up everything. That place where he was.....well it just is a mess, it has gone down hill from a few years ago and it wasn't that great then. Anyway we went and got him today, he rode in the minivan with son and DIL and we loaded up daughters SUV and brought him to his new home. He was so excited, and of all the great things the new home was having a carnival with tatoos and face painting for the kids and someone making balloon figures and the best kettle corn ever. It kept the grandson occupied and his mommy something to do and daughter took miracleman out and about and that left son, braveman and me and we whipped that room in shape in no time. Anyway, I'm exhausted and I can't seem to spell correctly right now so I will catch you later.

I'll vent and lean when my brain fog lifts....giggle!
Glojer

Old 08-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #21
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
i am so happy for miracleman. i can just imagine his smile, his laugh. i am so proud of you girlfriend. i am proud of your whole family for the love i know is there binding you all together.
you rest, i will rest and we can play catch up later. oh, i may be going to san francisco for a couple of days. museums and tea gardens. forget the wharf and china town. too many people in a hurry to have fun there. museums are quiet and slow. i love the tea gardens. gonna take the girls there. grandpa too, if he is good. giggle.
much love and rest for your body,
peace,
blue

Old 08-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #22
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
my fanny is back with bells on. what happened? i did not follow thru on the energy work. must call my friend again and ask for her help.
i am off to play in san francisco today with my daughter, granddaughter and grandpa. i am going to send my fibro and fanny off to brazil for some dancing and good food. then i am slipping off to the city to the museum and tea gardens. then to china town for dinner. we leave at 8 and won't be home till late tonight. it takes about 2.5 hours to drive to the city from my home. tomorrow i will pay, but girl, i will be smiling the whole time. gee, can you tell i am excited?
hope all is well with you and yours.
peace and hugs,
blue

Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh, blue I hope you had a wonderful time today. Drat that fanny, it will just have to behave so our blue can have her fun. When did it kick up, it was either Tues. or Wed. I got this sudden rush that said blue, I thought of you and wondered what was happening. It was one of those things ya know! I know it will be a long day for you but I am sure you will have a great time.

Our computer.....let me rephrase that.....bravemans computer was on the fritz, got a virus and got sick. Our son came over and gave it ER care and braveman finally got it back to what we hope will be good health. That's why I have been AWOL no magic machine to talk on.

Tomorrow is the first day I will have in a couple weeks, that I don't have to get up and go....go ....go. Don't know what all I will do. I will go to son and dil house to walk up to school and pick up grandson from his second day of real school, kindergarten. Today was their day to drop him off and pick him up. It was so hard, I wanted to be there and hold his hand and hug and kiss him. I also know I have served my time, this is their right of passage as parents taking their first born to kindergarten. Grandson wasn't that impressed from what I hear.....lol!

Will you still be going tomorrow for....you know....the IT thing. I will be thinking of you and sending powerful energy your way. There is an open connection between us right now I can feel it and you use that energy anyway you need it. For the IT thing or for your fanny or just to have a good time. Whatever you need....enjoy!

Still hang'n in.....
Glojer

Old 08-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #24
Facilitator
(female)

no IT thing. judge decided it was not worth the courts time and made their decision without needing us. don't know the decision. don't care. whew!!!!
the trip was wonderful. left at 8 am and returned home at 11 pm. i walked and walked. i ran all over the park with granddaughter. ate in china town. went shopping there too. giggle.
today i am tired. my legs feel good. my fanny is hosting a rave. enjoy your day of nothing to do.
glad your computer is healthy and you have a computer doc in the family.
be well my friend.
blue

Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #25
Facilitator
(female)

hey, so when you got hit with the blue thing was it in your fanny?????
giggle. it was tuesday and it hit hard and fast. found myself forgetting to breath.
blue

Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

Don't remember feeling any special pain, just remember getting a rush and thinking about you and that something must be happening. Not necessarily something bad, but surely something that caused a stir in the energy waves. I remember thinking how odd that was for me, I'm not quite as sensitive to those types of things that you are. I just remember thinking something is going on with blue. Of course the computer was 'wheezing' so I couldn't contact you.

Glad the IT thing didn't have to happen for you. I thought something like that may happen and you and brother would not have to appear. I agree who cares what happen as long as the situation is over for you. Can't believe a lawyer would even take a case like that, a waste of time.

What a wonderful day you had with granddaughter and family. The trip was worth it. Today you can rest and recuperate. You can think about all those wonderful fun things you did and smile about them all over again.

This did not turn out to be the day of rest I thought it would for me. I did get to sleep in and get up only when I actually wanted to wake up and I did get to do some exercising. Then I went to DIL and out to lunch....still fun....then back to pick up grandson from school......he was a little too wound up......spent a little time with him......then home to go to daughters open house for her new business......then we all went to see miracleman and spend a few minutes with him......then stopped to pick up sandwiches for supper......by this time it is past 7pm......see son and dil and grandson in parking lot where we are dropping daughter off to get her car and go home.....they are picking up ice cream cake and want to come to our house to share and have dessert......the family comes over, we eat our sandwiches and have dessert with them and talk a little and laugh a little and they go home and it is 9:30pm and I have not sat down and relaxed since I finished exercise. Just a day in the life.....that is the way it goes around here sometimes, we fly by the seat of our pants. I'm going to try for one of those more relaxing days tomorrow.....it could happen!!!

Remember to keep breathing......I'm still using and loving that breathing exercise you gave me. Hope the fanny is better give it some TLC.

Glojer

Old 08-16-2008, 06:44 AM   #27
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
i slept all day yesterday. guess i was tired. it was fun. maybe today i will do something. maybe not. i feel like a lazy cat looking for a sunny window to curl up in. and i just got up, giggle.
sounds like you had a busy "rest" day. perhaps today will be quieter. giggle.
is miracleman settling in well in his new home? i hope he is happy there and treated like the miracle that he is.
okay, i am sitting cross legged, feet tucked under my fanny just to sit here. i'm outa here girl. fanny says so. giggle. never thought i would have to listen to that region of my body. giggle. had my head up there a few time. i am quite sure i was not thinking then. okay, so maybe it was up there more than a few times.
ha! have a grand day whatever you do.
peace,
blue

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blue, how is the fanny. Did you get some rest? My leg was giving your fanny sympathy pains yesterday, had those awful shooting pains, the ones where your skin is so sensitive to the touch and they kind of burn. I hope it was fibro giving you a break and coming my way.

I tried to write you a nice response on Tue.....at least I think it was Tue. maybe it was Mon......anyway got almost all the way through and the phone rang and I had to get on the move again. I have been on the go so much lately, I really hate when that happens. However, I wouldn't have it any other way when it means spending time with and helping my family.

Miracleman is loving his new place, they are taking so much better care of him and they are so nice there. He looks so much better and happier and 'cleaner' that is the big one for me. There are still some things daughter has to clue the home in on. They have to have time to learn about him and he needs time to adjust to their routine. It is all working out really well.

Daughter and her partners have a few clients for their business, it is so exciting. Now if they could get enough to actually pay the bills.....giggle!

I hope you are doing better, I am still doing PT for my neck but it is finally helping. I think the myofacial release has helped a great deal. I have another full day tomorrow. Thyroid blood test, PT, off to the mall to get a gift card. I am the president of our condo association now and one of our longtime members is finally saying goodby. He has served on the board in many capacities for more than 20years. So I am getting him a gift card to say thanks, not much but it is the thought that counts. Then I have about three other places to stop and finally go to daughters to take her doggie out and feed her. Daughter is taking my place with the grandson tomorrow evening while I have our board meeting. Sound confusing.....your just reading about it......I'm living it.....think how confused I am.....tee hee....giggle ....giggle! Seriously, I have made a list of places to go and what to do so I won't forget anything tomorrow. Gauranteed I forgot something on the list.

With all this craziness, I have not been able to exercise and eat right...well...as right as I would like to eat. So fibro is trying to give me fits. I keep fighting back! There will be time in a week or two to get back to my routine.

Peace and pain free days

Glojer

Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #29
Facilitator
(female)

morning,
i just got home from a root canal. going to bed now. it hurts. will write more later.
take care of you.
peace,
blue

Old 08-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh blue, root canal. You rest and heal. We heard from golden on another thread. Braveman and I are off to a seniors club indoor picnic today. I will catch up to you when you feel better.

Glojer

Closed Thread