It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 08:17 AM   #31
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Hi blue, how's the fanny fibro?

i figured goldie was hanging around. glad you heard from her.
still dragging a bit. have fun today.
peace,
blue

Old 08-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Blue, get that rest you deserve it. Sometimes we have to just give in and let nature take its' course. We had a good time today. I didn't eat too much but I had too much soda and coffee. Two things fibro loves, caffeine and sugar. Won a door prize, nothing special, braveman won one too. The food and the company were great. I am pretty wiped out myself and these last couple of hours the pain has started to kick up. It has been a long hard week, so tomorrow I will be resting most of the day.

Catch you later
Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 06:08 AM   #33
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi glojer,
glad you had fun. bet fibro has fun with you after all that sugar. sure glad it does not do that to me. how would i live without my candy???
today is not a rest day for me. first taking granddaughter kayaking, then a rest, then off to a business luncheon with a client. the one i made the website for. he is in the area again and wishes to see me. we met a couple of weeks ago. very nice man. without ego. amazing. so i suppose my fanny will be singing loud after that. the last one lasted over 2 hours. by the time i left that one my fanny was afire with ouch.
monday we take the kids to the airport to return to virginia. september is mine. then in october my neice and her guy friend are visiting for 10 days. then harvest, then rest. the gardens did not do well this year, so no canning. giggle. just grazing like the deer. yum.
no doubt by full autumn i will be ready for the quiet rest of winter.
kiss the boys for me.
hugs and peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 08-23-2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: poor grammer, giggle.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

OK, so you have your schedule through fall already planned out. Good for you. I am a little jealous, cause I can never make plans that far in advance. You never know what is going to happen around here.

I would say after kayaking the fanny may be a little tentative.....but seriously after sitting through a luncheon.....she is going to be screaming! Even after sitting as much as I did yesterday in the chairs at the picnic my lower back and fibro points south of that were starting to talk to me. I mean I did get up and down several times, we could move about but boy I was beginning to really feel it.

That's OK today I just rested, watched some old westerns on T.V. Returned some phone calls and let it all go. My Sept. is starting to fill up some, but my plans are to keep it simple and get back to my treadmill and exercising, boy that really makes a difference in the fibro. My late fall will be occupied with the arrival of our new grandson, that will be so exciting. I will however be spending most of that time watching big brother. He is having some serious reservations about losing his place as the one and only grandchild and sharing the attention and affection.

I think it is very exciting for you to be making some websites. What a great way for you to use your creative talents. I'm not quite that creative and I am very computer illiterate, so I admire anyone who has those talents.

Hope you have a great time at the luncheon.
Glojer

Old 08-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #35
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
luncheon was 3 hours. my poor fanny. she is crying and sad. i feel for her. poor little boney bum. wish i had a bit more padding there, giggle. yet today i must sit here and do more work on the site. it's fun and i found an easy program that makes me look smart. giggle.
i suppose it was from all the sitting but my legs hurt. go figure? sent brother kayaking with the girls. they were gone 2 hours. more than i could have given them. brother is a peach.
today i work. tomorrow i sit in a car for 4 hours to get the girls to the airport.
i do have alot planned for the next couple of months. my neice knows me and she will go with the flow of whatever is happening. so will her friend. i have all of september to rest up.
oh, and another 3 to 5 hours in the car wednesday. the art client up north. i can hear my fanny now. giggle.
be well my friend.
peace,
blue

Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #36
Facilitator
(female)

me again,
my fanny is singing soprano and alto at the same time. funny how such lovely music can hurt. giggle. just pulled 2 hours sitting here at the computer doing the site.
sometimes i wish i could do the magic to myself. not in the cards tho. bummer.
taking my pain back to bed or out for a walk. hmmmm, the walk.
peace,
blue
got any extra fanny you could send me? i need padding!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi blue, sorry for the absence. I really don't know where the time goes. I crashed last weekend, and I do mean crashed. That's what happens when you burn the candles at both ends. This week hasn't been a whole lot better. Something popping up everyday. DIL has not been doing well, it is not the baby (pregnancy) it is some sort of neurological problem and with her genius IQ, she has researched this problem and then went to the neurologist and she (dil) is convinced she has MS. She fits the profile to a T. That is what I tell her is why it can't be, no one fits that good to any disease. Anyway after the neurologist this week she has been especially upset so I have been trying to spend sometime with her and help out picking the grandson up from school etc. She has found some interesting info on a thyroid disease, when I get time I want to post it, it sounds a lot like fibro. They cannot do further testing until she delivers the baby (another boy) sometime in November. Then they will do the MRI and any other tests while she is in the hospital. She is so worried that she will not be able to take care of her new baby and will sustain more and irreversible symptoms. We have all speculated that the pregnancy could be causing some of these problems or at least exacerbating them. Anyway have been as my mom would say 'busier than two hells'! Tomorrow we take the grandson to the butterfly house. No school and he has been looking forward to it, so grandpa and grandma will be on duty while mommy gets to rest. No way she could take the heat and humidity in there and I am sure grandpa isn't going to like it either.

Oh, and boy do I have some extra fanny padding for you. How would you like that madame, thinly sliced or ground by the pound.....giggle! I was doing real good on the weight loss and exercise until this last month, no time for me. I was still getting some work out in but the last couple of weeks nothing but food and sugar and running around. So I have high octane fanny, I'll even throw in some belly for you if you want.....no charge. Get it now while it is still there, cause I WILL be getting back to my routine. I have to, fibro is giving me no choice.

I think it is great the work you get to do, but 3hour luncheons and two hours at the computer. OOOOHHHHH.....aaaaaahhhhhh.....that has to hurt. I'm pulling for you though, I know you will beat this one too. That nasty little fibro brat that is!

We have a storm coming in, and it is causing a sinus headache....hate those things. So I think I will take this out of shape tired old body to bed and try to sleep myself into a new one for tomorrow morning. Catch up to you later.

Glojer

Old 08-29-2008, 06:54 AM   #38
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
a day for me. heaven. so far no work.
hmmm, how about 5lbs of fanny. send it express overnight, giggle. oh, and ground please. i will have to mould it, giggle. hey, i know an artist!
trip day was 7 hours in the car, me driving on the dirt roads (2hrs), 2 hrs with first client and 2 hrs with 2nd client. day started at 5 working on computer for 1.5 hrs then in the car by 8 and home at 7pm. 5 hours of work yesterday on the computer.
guess what i am doing today? staying off my fanny. maybe cooking some sauce from the tomatoes i harvested this morning during sunrise. a day of choosing what i want to do with my energy. maybe rest, maybe paint a bit. this feels nice.
while i am worn out i actually am being left alone by fibro. i am in a window. how i love the windows.
know that dil and baby are being sent mountains of energy for peace, growth, healing, health.
kiss the boys for me.
peace,
blue

Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hooray for you, a peaceful day all your own. After the day you had yesterday, it is just what you needed. I love those kind of days, the ones you call window days. They are so wonderful. Haven't had one of those for a while, but am looking forward to one and appreciating it when it comes. So happy for your day.

DIL said today, she is not going to stress and worry over something she can't control or she can't find out about for a couple of months until baby arrives. She had a much better attitude about things today.....thank God for small favors. She was also feeling better today. Thank you for the energy, they can use all those wonderful wishes.

It is late I am tired and in some pain so I will catch you later. I think I will visit the mountain tomorrow morning, I can use the calming effect of her beauty.

Glojer

Old 08-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #40
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
guess what i ended up doing yesterday? shaving my head, pits and legs. cleaning the bathroom. yes goldie even the yucky barf loo! did 2 loads of laundry. watered my small garden. cleaned my bedroom, changed the sheets etc.
i am sitting here laughing at women. we are so weird. i get a day off to play and what do i choose? responsible things. good grief! silly me.
i get the whole weekend off. sigh. giggle. i will play.
not sure if i will get out in the kayak. my fanny is rather unhappy.
i hope you slept well and your visit to the mountain was peace filled. thought i felt someone in the area when i woke up at 5am. giggled, pulled up the covers and went back to sleep till after 6! i got to sleep in!!
tell dil this is the energy friend redwood tree and i were sending her way. peace for what it is as it is. joy in the universe.
peace,
blue

Old 08-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blue you are so right, we do the responsible woman thing. I have said so many times, why can't I be more like a man and just sit and ignore the things that need doing. Oh,well this is what God made me and this is what I will stay. Boy you sure did a lot for supposing to have a day off.

I think I will go back to the mountain again tonight to see it under the stars. I barely got there this morning and fell back to sleep. I slept in very late myself, it was so nice. I even got to sleep all night for a change. Been taking some sinus med that finally caught up to me and even with the sleep meds I was only sleeping about 5-6 hours, then doing that annoying fibro sleep thing. You know where you barely sleep just under the surface of sleep and then wake up and go under just a little and wake up and it goes on for hours. Feels like you have been awake all that time but you know you slept some. Oh how I remember those long nights of that kind of sleep.....that was before Ambien!!!! I did that for 3 nights last week before I figured out what it was. I have been so busy going and going everyday I just didn't realize I let it go on for 3nights....silly me!

I hope you have a very relaxing weekend after all your cleaning activities are finished. I opted for just sit'n this morning....that is between three loads of laundry, getting supper going in the crock pot, cutting up some fresh strawberrys, and taking care of the dog (she is such a cutie). I did get to watch parts of some old movies on T.V. and figure out what I wanted to buy from grandsons school fundraiser. Tomorrow braveman will get up in the morning with the dog and I will get up and get on my treadmill and enjoy some exercise. Something I have been unable to do for a while, I really miss it and so does my fibro. Well actually my fibro likes me not exercising I am getting stiff and unsteady. I hope you will have a wonderful relaxing day of just doing whatever pops into your head.

By the way, the shaving thing is quite a chore, head, arms, and legs. I have lost all the hair on my legs only shaved once early this spring and don't really need to shave the pits either but it is just habit so I do it now about once a month if I feel like it. Of course I don't shave my head but if my hair gets any thinner you and I are going to look like twins. You will be the one with the nice shaped head.....giggle! One of these days maybe I will find out why all the hairy places lost their hair.....I'm not complaining!

Glojer

Old 08-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #42
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
tired today. gee i wonder why??? giggle.
you are right the shaving thing is a chore. i don't have much hair on my legs or pits. the bits i do have grow like an inch long so i shave in the summer. body odor for the pits. i counted the hairs there once. 13 on one side and 11 on the other. giggle. my head is a different story. with 4 cowlicks and alot of hair makes shaving a challenge. then i clean the bathroom since i make such a mess doing my head. still, it beats having to deal with it every day. one hour once a week is not so bad.
you never know how pretty your head really is till you go for it and shave it off. i didn't.
twilight sleep. yea, i still go there some nights. even ambien cannot change the seasonal insomnia i have had all my life and always enjoyed. still do. sorry you are having so much of it tho. glad you are back on track and got to sleep sweet sleepy dreams.
time to go read what you wrote in your own thread. was that you who woke me to go outside late last night? it was lovely.
peace,
blue

Old 08-31-2008, 07:17 PM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

I try to get to the mountain, but I don't get as far as I would like. I fall asleep! The mountain is so restful. Didn't exercise today.....shame on me.....no excuse.....just got lazy. There's always tomorrow. Daughter and braveman are watching a movie, they both like while I am checking out the boards. Daughter was here for the afternoon to relax with her mom and dad she says but there is laundry involved. She doesn't have to put quarters in our machine.....giggle.....we don't care we love it!

Glojer

Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #44
Inactive
(female)

bcs4435 HB User

Hi Gloger...is hair loss part of Fibro? I have hair loss too. I thought it was normal part of getting older. All though my mom is 81 and she has a full head of thick hair. Not me!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #45
Facilitator
(female)

hi bcs,
alot of us with fibro experience hair loss. it is one of the many aspects that play into why i shave my head. i have noticed over the 12 years i have been shaving my head that my hair loss has reversed. hmmm. maybe it's like legs or that lovely hair that chooses to grow on my upper lip now, giggle. the more i remove it the more i have next time. ah, age. pretty trippy. when estrogen goes a moustache grows. giggle.
go short and sassy with your hair doo. that was my first step, letting go of my long hair.
peace,
blue

Last edited by bluelakelady; 09-01-2008 at 06:18 AM. Reason: brain laps

Closed Thread