It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #61
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Hi blue, how's the fanny fibro?

I have seen that rich way of sleeping in movies. Also when I was selling very expensive custom condos, we had a local celeb couple who were purchasing from us. We were doing some custom work of moving some walls to give the front bedroom more room and change the master bath to a connecting one with his and her everything and make the master bedroom in the back a little smaller. They had his and her bedrooms, it raised a few eyebrows on the construction site, but she was getting her PHD in psychology and her response to anyone rude enough to say anything was, "just because we sleep in separate bedrooms doesn't mean we don't do what we want in the same bedroom." I always thought she was a class act. Of course I found out later on, she was the class act and he was the cheater. I can only judge how they treated me and both were wonderful people. You would be surprised how many of my friends are jealous because I don't fight the snoring, cover hogging, hot breath, get on your own side fight every night. Anyway it is a personal thing.

You ask about braveman and I don't mind telling you, he is doing well in some areas but not so well with the muscles. His right leg is beginning to drag again and he takes those little short steps again. He has tripped a few times but not fallen thank goodness. I think another reason he likes the guest bed. It is lower to the floor and he can sit on it easier and get his legs up on it easier. Our bed is one of those newer mattress' that are higher off the floor, when he was bad in the summer of 06 before he had the lung problems in the fall of that year, I had to lift his legs in bed and really help him get on that higher mattress. Anyway now his right leg is weakening, I think because he doesn't do his exercises and he wants the lower bed to help him with weakening muscles again. I can't do anything with him, I have nagged and he gets angry so all I can do is wait until he sees the light of day and wants to do PT again. Or worse he falls and then is forced to do something.

Maybe the steroid injections won't effect you as bad as the ones you take orally. Lets keep that thought anyway. And about the weight gain, just keep it under control for as long as you can. You should have more energy, dance more and work those extra calories off. Speaking of extra calories, I have put a few on lately. Just not having it all together can do that to you. I'm starting to catch up though.

Six year old grandson was sufficiently wound up today. High as a kite and very excited about all his birthday happenings. We had fun!

I hope the pie was good, apple is my favorite. Did you make it the whole two hours? Here is hoping that you will be giving up the fanny pillow and enjoying those two hour lunches on a new fanny.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #62
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi glojer,
post cancer life is hard. on everyone. you know there is nothing you can do except watch. it is his choice. respecting the choice that frightens you is hard, yet you must. if and when he decides this way stinks you will be there to support him. if not you have to support him anyway. it's just part of the deal. i know it hurts you to watch your husband weakening. sometimes love hurts. sometimes the watching hurts so deeply and the helpless frustration burns within the heart and mind. it is the path of loving someone with serious health issues.
give him a hug for me and i am sending you a nice long hug filled with peaceful acceptance for what is.
made the whole luncheon. working this a.m. on placing a video on the web site. something new to learn. have to be done by 10am so the client can come to my home and get his c.d. it is the only one. he got a bit of a chewing out for bringing me an origional and only copy. i told him specifically not to do that. this old hippie told off an Arch Bishop. giggle. now he and my client have to come to my house today to get it. i told them they have to come here i am not meeting them anywhere. period. graciously and wisely he agreed.
the pie was great. i took home citrus cheese cake for dinner. giggle. pie and french fries and cake for dessert.
i will write more later. i have my artist arriving soon and he get's a lecture as well. what a day and it's only 7am. been up working since 4.
later my dearest friend.
peace,
blue

Old 09-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #63
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Oh dear dear blue, you have such a wonderful fun time with all you do. I am proud of you for putting that fibro in its place and doing something so creative and yet just plain work for you. Learning new skills on the computer and yet having such a good time at it. The redwood trees and the hawks and all of our little furry friends are proud of you too.

Your advice about braveman is well taken. I reconciled myself the other day when he got upset with me for being an old worrier about him walking across a parking lot. I just decided if he falls, I will call 911 and what happens after that will just happen. With taking blood thinners he will have to get immediate help for any fall, since the chance of bleeding to death internally is serious. I don't watch when he goes up and down the stairs carrying things where he can't hold the handrail, it makes my heart stop. We took down the stair chair ( I call it the electric chair....giggle) and acutally our son is going to install it in their house for our DIL when she comes home from the hospital after having the baby. She will not only need it because of her C-section, but because of whatever is happening to her muscles and coordination. It will be more for her to safely carry the baby up and down the stairs. Grandson already knows the fun of the chair, but I think it may be difficult to keep the neighbor kids off it till the new wears off.

Please take care of yourself as you keep this busy schedule. I am in need of some serious rest tonight so I will catch you later.

Goodnight
Glojer

Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #64
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hi glojer,
so glad miracleman enjoyed his party. get him out of there. be a pest to his POA. he has a right to good treatment.
i think if you keep your body in mind you will do fine as pres. congrats girl!
mri came back fine as i knew it would. my next step is to see a pain mgmt. woman. time to stick an needle in my arse. yuck! now you know it must be hurting alot for me to do this. invasive therapy is not my first choice. however, it is my last resort and we are there! so there!
fibro reminds me it will not forget this pain. brat!
thank you for your kind words regarding my son. i want my kids to experience life. all aspects of it. i do not hurt for him. his pain is his. maybe i am a weird mom. i want my kids to be strong and i know it is only thru hardships that inner strength comes. death is a given, with no rules. this too my children must experience. as do we all. this life experience will gift him with a deeper compassion for others.
i hope others pop in as well. if not to say hi, then to read and know they are thought of.
my fanny says it is time to go stand a bit. time to smell the flowers. the smoke is less today. yesterday was horrid.
i see my internist tomorrow to change my bp med. and get some help with breathing. bp med is causing side affects i don't like. dizzy and headaches, etc. busy busy.
today i get polarity and energy work done. i have a girlfriend who does it and gifts her time to my body. she is a lovely window for the healing energy.
peace,
blue
ps. i love lightning and thunder. you enjoy it. i hope to skip anymore this year. fires you know. just look at what the last T and L storm did here! yet, mother nature knows best what she needs to be doing. i trust her.

I had to jump in hope you don't mind which I know you won't. You are not a weird Mom... I think you are beautiful in wanting your children to experience all aspects of life even though some are not so good.

Both of my kids, both boys, 21 and 17, have had to go through the hardships in the last two weeks.... The 17 year old had a friend at school that was a football player that fell unconsious at practice and died 3 days later... They are pretty sure it was due to heatstroke, there was also another player that passed out also... He was hospitalized for 2 days but was released. After much outrage from the public, there is now a police investigation. The hardest part for me was that the newspaper online had many pics from the visitation and funeral and there were many pics of my son and there was one especially that just devastated me when I saw it, I had no idea it would be on there... There were many bystanders that heard the coach deny these football players water on several occasions but the kids from the high school just don't understand why anyone thinks the coach would do anything wrong. I set up many nights just talking to my son and his friends, not so much talking, just listening but also, trying to explain that someone that suffers from a heatstroke doesn't just drop, that have other symptoms before that. It has been really tough... However, this group of friends has made t-shirts up and made $2,000 for the family which has made me really proud. Then a week later, my son's older half-brother, which is still their brother, got married, and the same night, their great-grandfather died and they were two of the pallbearers. Even though it was on their Dad's side of the family whom I am divorced from, I went to the funeral, with their dad's blessing. The stress had really had my little friend fibro, out of control, but it is worth it, to be with my boys, I was even invited to my ex-husband's oldest son's wedding and went... Talk about stress level. I handled it with class and grace due to several guest not wanting me to be there....

I am doing my best to get my fibro back under control however, I believe when I got my trigger point injections three weeks ago, I think something went wrong with one of them but I guess that is the chance I take...

I too had a root canal about three weeks ago so I can feel for you there.. I had to get another tooth fixed that had a chip... It kills my body to sit in that dentist chair.

Hang in there my friends, I will be going to the lake soon but first will be going to an arts and crafts show so will be getting my exercise... It is supposed to rain the day I am going, please pray it doesn't... If so, maybe I can go the next day....

Thank you for allowing me to jump in and ramble on.. Think only good thoughts, Jenn

Old 09-11-2008, 07:57 AM   #65
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi jenn,
about time you popped your lovely face in to say hi. i missed ya kid.
my heart goes out to the families of your sons friends. there is no worse loss. i know.
thank you for your kind words. i don't think i am weird either. it's just the rest of the world. giggle, giggle. naw. we all do it our own way. that's the cool part of life. that freedom to choose our emotions.
root canals are done. now to move on to the build up and crowns on 6 teeth. oh joy, can't think of anything else more fun. not! gotta do whatcha gotta do.
i went dancing tuesday and i am going again today. i got to play bouncer with some very intoxicated neighbors. i'd say the man was about 5 inches taller and much larger around. yet there i stood in front of him telling him to back off. he did. he tested me to see if i meant it. i went back and told him i was the one person who could make him go away. small women with stern eyes and cold calm voices always win out.
hey glojer that was good practice for when i am on steroids. giggle. i actually thought about that when i was standing him down. he sure is lucky i was not on them. me too!!!
having a bit of stress with my website client. one of the players. the Arch Bishop again. i ignored his calls yesterday. nobody gets to do as they please and ignore my boundaries. and they for sure don't get me to jump thru hoops to undo their actions. so i am passing the mistake to the nice man up here who has helped me so much with the site. he and his lovely fiance are friends i cherish. he will protect my energy.
of course the stress has morphed into pain. in my arse. most appropriate i think, considering.
i am returning a c.d. to my friend up here and forgetting them all and going dancing. today is my day. so was yesterday and tuesday. giggle. my health comes first and dancing is good for my body and my mind. there is no pain when i dance. no illness, no stress. just joy and sound. i do love it so.
be well my dears, be well within,
peace,
blue
ps 13 days till my fanny gets shot. yea, i am counting the days. i am ready to be invaded.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 09-11-2008 at 08:01 AM. Reason: add post script

Old 09-12-2008, 04:27 AM   #66
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi Ladies,

I think this is a more common ground as ya never know where you'll be next.

It really upset me about what has been happening with your son Jenn, it is awful about that young man's death. I lost my son, he was found in a park, so I kind of know the way media people can be when you just want to be left alone. People can be so hurtful and the bad part is that people really don't seem to respect others and have no remorse at all for their actions. I hope that you and your family get to healing really soon. It's so hard to understand that we can actually grow in all sorts of ways from such hard negative ones.

Glojer, bless your heart, you also have so much going on in your life along with having to battle for yourself. Why is it that men seem to feel that they need to suck it up and then seek medical attention when it gets way beyond bad? I don't know, sometimes I think it was easier to care for my 4 kids with chicken pox at the same time compared to taking care of a guy. You have so much goodness in you, I'm glad that you let some of that spill on to us here. I have my own room too. It's very calm and I have my faerie things around me. He snores and I'm so restless that neither one of us can sleep. Ya just meet up every now and then. Glad I'm not alone on that one.

Blue, you're something else!!!!!!! I honestly don't know how you do it. Bravo for standing up to the man.......I don't know, drink and men sometimes turn into a bad case of dumb---! I love seeing women stand up for themselves, by gosh I do! I try to have a good sense of humor too, but you are over the top, you crack me up. Well, I've got to try to get some sleep, so I'll peel Dora off my buns for now and hope that some skin remains intact. Wow we'll be having butts worked on at about the same time, mines the 24th. I think when this is all over and my tailbone area feels better........I will raise a glass of Kahlua on the rocks to you while poking Dora with a pin!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you all,
AnneBoleyn

Old 09-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #67
Facilitator
(female)

hi anne,
we are getting our fannies done the same day!!! too funny. i go at 9:30am california time. you are 8 hours ahead of me. you get yours first. poke dora for me too. and do the kaluha for me. i used to like it. alcohol causes me pain now. good thing it never mattered much anyway. so you enjoy for me too, kay?
my heart is with you on surviving your son. it is always yesterday no matter how many years pass.
my clients are going bonkers and i am ignoring pretty much all of it. i have no doubt it will be resolved this weekend when they bring me my money. i am still a good business manager. i had a blast dancing yesterday. my new braces work pretty good but inhibit my ability to do some steps. oh well! spent the night on the mountain. the moon was lovely and it was so quiet. my friend is having car work done so i am playing taxi again. my fanny is not very happy with me. again, oh well!!
have a lovely day ladies one and all,
peace,
blue

Old 09-13-2008, 03:01 AM   #68
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi Blue,

It's 4 hours. This is a riot. Mine is at 8:30am. Can't wait......my legs and feet are tingling, is that wrong? I think it's from so much tailbone and low back pain entrapping nerves.

As for Dora, I can't wait to pop her, one for you and one for me. I do okay with hard liquer, it's beer and wine that get me. I love beer, but it makes IBS, so it's not worth it. Wine gives me a headache after a glass, probably the tannins. To me, even trying good stuff, it tastes like vinegar.......mix it with some oil and spices and you've got salad dressing. I don't drink very often, but I do enjoy Kahlua or Irish Creme and lime marguiritas on the rocks. I'll be thinking of you all day that day.

Yep, I miss J. a lot, it gets easier, but not better. It's getting to the holidays and I dread it every year. He died in Jan. and his B-day was in March, on my oldests daughter's B-Day. They were 2 years apart. My 2 other girls are a week apart in April. I wish most of the time to jump from Halloween to April. Christmas time holds lots of hurt for me, the loss of some family members. I know that's not what Christmas is all about, but I can't help it.....I miss them.

Braces or not all you've got to do is move a bit to the music. I used to love to dance, I was a crazy woman just like my girls are. I don't get the chance very often. You've got to grab the fun when you can. Sounds like a lovely night in a beautiful, quiet place.

That taxi stuff is for the birds, but the people we do things for return the favors and that's a good thing. There's some times though when I don't feel like doing a lot of walking, shopping etc.., my best friend is ill. You name it she's got it, but when you even run her to the drugstore, she's got to look everywhere and I'm thinking, get your drugs and let's go. Gotta love her though, she's been through alot.

Hopefully our buns will be better really soon. Take care you.

AnneBoleyn

Old 09-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #69
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

I am sending easy hugs to both of your fannies... Doesn't sound very good now does but who really cares, so away I send my hugs and love and hope that you feel much better.

I am so sorry for your loss and can't begin to imagine so I won't even try but will send angels to watch over you through the hard times. The closes (sp) I can't spell today, I can even come is when they told me when my son was 9 months old he wouldn't make it to his first birthday. He is now almost 21 and even though it was a very tough road for 7 years and hospitals even across the country and everywhere in between, he has turned into a wonderful young man... I am not telling you this to hurt you and I hope I haven't, I only know how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away. I know your son had to be a wonderful precious human being to come from someone like you. Know that he is in a wonderful place now watching over you.

I don't know if you all remember or not but I am the one that goes to the lake to my parents house alot and help with my Meme (Grandma), like she needs help, she is a pistol. But we just celebrated her 92nd birthday. Mom and Dad live 90 miles away but Dad brings her here on Sunday's to read at church and again on Wednesday's to play Bingo. Last week she had to make 7 batches of fudge and she makes the homemade kind. Peanut Butter so think of that as you have your bum fixed and smell and taste it. If I could send it to you I would.

Have a drink for me also as I can't mix the meds and alcohol anymore either, well maybe one, click the glasses together and make a toast from me that you feel better soon.

Hang in there to all my friends and feel better soon. Jenn

Old 09-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #70
Facilitator
(female)

hi anne,
duh, i feel lame. must be the name that had me putting you across the atlantic. giggle.
i look at B.B and think where will i put you? i have a small house and little storage space. not enough room to keep things i don't use. tho i wonder if i ought to hold on to B.B. she did say the procedure if effective will give 6 months to 2 years relief. guess i had better hang on to him. B.B. is male. i decided to be a brat. giggle.
if you ever want to really talk about J. we can pop over to the board somewhere here for discussion, kay? i know there is one for grieving/loss here. always honored to listen. J. says, "it's cool mom."
i can't wait to have my fanny fixed. listen to us??? life is so weird.
giggle!
peace,
blue

Old 09-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #71
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi Blue,

I wish I was across the Atlantic......oh it'll happen someday. I'm just glad that I wasn't the spaz for a change. Thank you!

I don't have a basement, I still could kick myself in the rear for ever saying yes to a house without one. I come from IL and was used to tornados. I have the 1 year rule, if it doesn't get used in a year it goes to Goodwill. We have an attic for storage above the garage, so I get to go up there to take down holiday stuff, etc. I can't climb the ladder and hold boxes too.

You'll have to make a special place for B.B.. I couldn't get a guy one, it was Dora or nothing. Hopefully I can just order one. You were a brat, but a darn funny one. At any rate, I'll get on here with my drink at my side and knitting needle in hand and in the midst of writing I'll give her is due.

As for J., I feel comfortable about talking about him, some people don't. He existed and If something comes up that relates to him I'll say it, write it, whatever. He visits, he turns on the vcr in my room in the middle of the night, hasn't happened in a long time. He probably is saying It's Cool Mom. He was 20. Thanks for the offer........I'm not good from Halloween to March, I may take you up on that.

Heck, it's too bad we aren't in the same place maybe they could fix our hineys with a group rate, okay a very small group. Life is wierd, but this is too much now. It's such a thrill to be in a cold room with your a-- hangin' out in front of a crowd. They just laugh and say we look at butts all the time, small ones and really big ones. Hopefully it'll be in docs new office. It'll be great.....the regular office will be in one part of the building and across the hall will be procedure rooms. That'll be awesome. But, do will you have cookies and a Coke sitting waiting for you when you come out?????? I WILL!
So how do ya like me now?Haha. When my daughter gets married my pain doc will be my cousin-in-law. Anyway........painful butts unite!!!!!!!

Bunchers of Hugs,
AnneBoleyn

Old 09-14-2008, 12:50 AM   #72
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for the hugs for the bums. That is a true friend that would do that. Oh we'll feel better. I'd like to see the looks on the faces of the people that don't write, but read these things. Wouldn't that be a scream?

Thanks Jenn, I lost my J. January 24, 1996, but they found him the morning of the 25th, so that's what they used for the death date. I know angels are around us always. That was certainly a horrible time for you being told that about your son. No it doesn't upset me at all, don't worry about that. Although losing a child is bad, I can't even in my wildest imagination come close to what you'd be feeling. Wondering all the time if it was going to happen, very scary way to live. The only thing that really does bother me is that I'd had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with him and that devestated me and I was hospitalized 3 times and had to go to the doctors office and get shots to stop labor. My point is that he was depressed and thought that life was too hard, I always wonder if he was trying to miscarry because his soul just wasn't ready to be born and I made him be. He was somethin', not always good, but he was so funny. He was one of those that when you were in the check out line at the grocery store he'd say, mom, didn't you need to buy a box of x-lax or preparation H..........I'd just be so embarrassed, but I'd be dyin' laughing. His last Christmas, he and my husband went together and bought me a saphire and diamond ring.......at his funeral people from his job said that he was so proud to be able to help get you something so pretty. Life is precious, I was hooked to my daughter day and night for 8 weeks about 5 years ago. She had a staph endocarditis which is rare and we about lost her, she had IV's for 8 weeks, but she's the one getting married soon.

Your Gram sounds sooooo cool. That's wonderful, 92. That's wonderful she is so active, you can't ask for better than that. I love homemade fudge, mine always sucks....I'm a great cook I think, but never had a good outcome with fudge. My aunt makes peanut butter fudge, but she hasn't sent me any in a little holiday package for a while. Bless her heart, she sounds kind of like my Gram. She died 3 years ago and was 89..........she was a blast, you could talk to her about anything. She loved to play cards especially euchre. She was always going. She used to like to go to a nursing home and help the old people with crafts on thursdays, she'd take a taxi........she was in her early 80's. If we'd go out and have drinks and it got quiet, she'd say where's the party. She was a riot and that's where my sense of humor comes from.

Sure, I'll have 2 drinks on the night Dora goes adios, one for Blue and one for you. I don't drink very often, but by gosh painfree buns is a reason to celebrate!!!!! We'll feel so good after our shots that you won't be able to stand us, haha.

Thank you dear lady. Hugs,
AnneBoleyn

Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #73
Facilitator
(female)

morning anne,
i thought of the perfect place. a trunk full of pictures my kids will have to sort thru someday. won't they get a laugh out of finding B.B. there?
had to stop a minute and get my artist off to work. he just stopped by to pick up the materials list. i figure out how much wood and such. my dad taught me how. boy did i have to dust that knowledge off to use it!! it's been over 40 years!
J. is wonderful energy. very gentle. a pleasure to have hovering about. how weird. i read your post and was writing this when i felt pulled up the page and there was the post to jenn, yet you are not online. trippy.
no coke for me. water, always water. i love the stuff. i'm thinking i will ask my friend to hit my favorite mexican store and get me a bucket of refried beans with lots of jalepeno's in it. i know my brother will go buy me candy. i'm a pretty fortunate woman. even tho i am surrounded by men they do their best and take their "talking to" when they step over my line.
gotta go walk around a bit. you girls take care. life is what it is. i hear my brother doing the dishes. yea!
peace and hugs,
blue
hey glojer! fall off the planet??? giggle. hope you are okay.

Closed Thread