It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
arm and shoulder muscles twitching, what to do?

Hello,

I did some work on a cat fence this afternoon (lots of reaching, ouch, but I really wanted to get it done - and did!). My right upper arm and shoulder have been twitching for hours - I can see the muscles spasming.

Is there anything I can do to help this?

Thanks, and I hope everyone is doing well,

Seaturtle

Old 08-25-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: arm and shoulder muscles twitching, what to do?

hello my ocean friend,
standing ovation on the days work. well done. now to your twitchy body. have you tried your heating pad? you will have to relax and allow this body expression. the more you focus on it the louder and longer it will spaz out on you.
after such hard work, and yes for us that is really hard work, you are going to feel it somehow. muscle spasms are perhaps less painful than a full on flare. one hopes.
when it happens to me i just relax and watch the show. no worry, no stress.
if you have muscle relaxers you could try one of those.
breath, slow and deep. do you recall holding your breath alot as you worked? or shallow breathing? i find meditation to help later after i mess up and forget to breath. nothing fancy, just focus on breath and not body weirdness.
i'm sorry your body is causing your concern. i will send a special mommy kiss to make it go away.
if that doesn't work get the heating pad out.
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #3
(female)

CDS75 HB User

This probably won't work but it is worth a shot.

U may need some potassium. Muscles twitch when they don't have enough. Eat a few bananas and see if it helps.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Thanks, both,

Blue, how are you doing? Still giggling and dancing?

Funny you should mention it: now that I think about it, yes, I hold my breath a lot when I'm working on something hard. I was using all the strength I have, to the point where my hands were shaking from gripping so hard.

Now my left leg is joining the spasm party.

I did eat a couple of oranges, which I believe also have lots of potassium.

I am so pleased at my fence! It is well built and nice and clean-looking, and my cats will never escape. Nor can a stray or any other animal (including humans, lol) get in and at them.

Seaturtle

Old 08-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hello my aquatic friend,
i am still laughing and dancing. tho i must skip it today. too much work to do today and a long drive tomorrow. and i thought being self employed meant less work, giggle. not!
life is good here. still doing my thing with my sore bum. still sitting on a donut pillow. i carry it everywhere in a hippy style bag that hides the content, well till i sit on it. giggle.
when you gaze out at your fence are you not delighted and the pain worth it? feels so good to have a reason to hurt. one you can see.
sounds like you really did a bang up job on yourself. isn't the breathing thing a trip. i really focus now and have since i figured it out, on my breathing. i put an alarm inside my head that goes off when i am holding my breath. it works. the voice says, breath dork. i always laugh and in goes the air.
gotta get back to work now. waiting for a call.
give yourself a few days to relax and just look outside. you earned it.
peace,
blue

Old 08-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Blue,

Yes, funny, isn't it? I'll remember to go to PT, but not to breathe!

Just wanted to ask - I haven't caught up on you - what are you doing at home for work?I've been looking for something I can do here.

Be well, giggle on, love that donut!

Seaturtle

Old 08-27-2008, 06:05 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

giggle, hi seaturtle,
love that donut too. love it alot.
i learned how to create websites and i am the agent for an artist. two jobs. both allow me the freedom to say, not today. i only work early mornings when i am fresh. it adds just enough to help here at home since my brother got laid off. i was turned on to a company that helps with the website and i downloaded their program.
it is fun. it brings together my love of creative writing, art and composition, and of course my favorite, my love for people. that was what i missed the most. meeting new people.
i still do volunteer work, tho now there is no person to help at the moment and that is nice. still connected to the family of my last client and know my services will be called upon later.
feeling useful is vital to self esteem. i needed it so i went out and found me some. giggle.
i have done 2 websites and my mom, my most honest critic, says they are both very professional and userfriendly. giggle. my mommy said she is proud of me. giggle. double giggle. she's even buying me a new all in one printer. i killed mine. no wore it out, poor thing. she's a peach.
time to hit the shower running and out the door for a very long day on dirt bumpy roads up north. 2 art clients to see there.
and i still have tomatoes to put up. yikes!
be well, be love,
be peace,
blue

Closed Thread