It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
(female)

rdusette HB User
Pain on the right hand side of the back...

Painful to touch on the skin over the ribs on the right hand side below the shoulder blade. Very paimful in bad trying to sleep.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: Pain on the right hand side of the back...

Hi there and welcome have you been diagnosed? Ive just spent 2 weeks in agony with my back and l had trouble sleeping too all l can suggest is painkillers heat and something off the doc to relax you at night.. lm not diagnosed yet but theres lots of girls and boys here who will come along with some good advice. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Hi RD, and welcome to the board!
Chest/rib/back pain are quite common in FM patients. There are lots of other unrelated reasons for it as well. You need to let your doc know the next time about this specific pain - where it is, what makes it worse (eg., lying in bed), what makes it better, what time of day is worst. That area has a great number of muscle layers and there can also be referred pain from the neck and/or shoulder.
Since you are new here, maybe you could tell us a bit about your history and diagnosis? Then, we might have a better idea how to help you out.
Wishing you peace and comfort,
Paddy

Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
(female)

rdusette HB User

I have Reiter's diagnosed 10 years ago... 2 knee replacements, neck deterioration and osteoporous. 61 years old. and no pain mefs work on the back pain.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:21 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

So maybe the pain on the right side of your back is referred from your troubled neck. Since you are diagnosed, I gather you have a rheumatologist? If you do, I would start there (once again). Ask for an appointment specifically for this pain, insist on help finding what it is caused by so that treatment can be specific for it. Maybe physiotherapy, specific exercises, like ultra sound to support healing, massage, even accupuncture. You need help getting a good nights sleep, so perhaps a prescription for that would help. It wd allow your body to rest better at night, and perhaps be in a better situation to heal itself.
I have a bad neck - spasmy muscles, sore tendons, that refers pain to my left side and up to my head into migraines, probably from a long-ago whiplash injury. Massages, very gentle stretching, along with anti-inflammatories have helped me with that.
Rdusette - Stick around here a bit - maybe reading about other people's situations and what they do that helps (and doesn't) will give you some ideas. Folks here are ready & willing to help, so ask more questions if you like.
Wishing you peace and comfort,
Paddy

Closed Thread