It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

angel880 HB User
Question 27 F Constant pain weird symptoms HELP!!!

Ok heres the deal. I am 27 yo female social worker who had never had a health prob (besides a little anxiety) until last Jan. I began having muscle spasms in my entire body, severe tremors, loss of bladder, inability to turn my head, severe pain all over especially in neck, shoulders, low back and left leg (sciatica). I was having confusion, slurred speech, tachacardya (spell?),numbness and severe anxiety attacks, Litterally all started in one day besides the sciatic pain (about a year before). I went to the doctor (I had not seen one in ten years before due to financial stuff both with my parents and no ins for myself as an adult). Basically at first they said I was crazy and told me to see a shrink and put me on prozac. Three months later I told them to shove it (since If anyone would know the signs of a MH disorder it was me!!! but at first I just wanted help). Went to another doc got off prozac and never saw the shrink. was given an MRI which showed 3 herniated disks. One mild in my neck, and two in my low back one mild one large . I have had pain injections without relief, and I just had a discetomy surgery 4 weeks ago and that did not work. I still have so much muscle pain, and skeletal pain. I have constant chest and trigger point pain. My neck and "CRAZY" symptoms come and go some weeks good some really bad. DOCS say discs should not cause these symptoms and the surgery was for leg pain but still there. I have swelling in my knees and left thigh, I am tired all the time and pain is constant. I know I have disc probs but just wondering if it could be fibro too does anyone have these symptoms. I have had Pain mgmnt, PT for months and now a horrible spine surgery and I still don't feel better. I am sorry this is so long and now I am blubbering on my computer I am only 27 and I still have way to much to do in life and feel as though my body is 80 this also has me from career to welfare and brink of homelessness. ANY SUGGESTIONS HELPFUL docs have no idea now I started cranial sacral therapy(that just seems crazy to me the man holds my ankles for an hour and I feel no different after but ill try anything. ) They put me on Lyrica after trying a zillion meds and that helps a small amount. I also take vicodin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: 27 F Constant pain weird symptoms HELP!!!

Haven't you been through it! Oh my I feel for you. Since these docs are just groping around you need to be super involved in your own care and not be passive (you're headed in the right direction by visiting the internet!). I'm telling you, there is so much going on that some of these docs do not know. It could be the trauma to your body has triggered FMS, which is quite a common trigger. Read Teitlebaum's book "From Fatigued to Fantastic". It really is a good book telling you how to overcome whatever issue triggered the FMS in the first place. Another book I've gleaned is "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" by St. Amand. The latter doctor has pioneered an FMS treatment that has helped many people with FMS to gain better quality of life. If you haven't seen a rheumy yet, that would be a good place to go. Since the Lyrica helped you a bit, it might be FMS, but I'm no doctor.

Take a deep breath!
Kirstee

Old 09-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
(female)

ruzalily HB User

You need to see a good rheumatologist and insist on having a thorough exam and lots of blood work. I'm so sorry you have been through so much. Your symptoms are much like mine, and I have come to the realization that there is a lot that goes on with your own body that doctors can't explain. We aren't all carbon copies of one another and they can't just categorize you into a diagnosis. I have heard many times that my nerve symptoms and pain cannot possibly be related to my back because this nerve does not connect with that nerve and blah blah blah. Well, I feel it and I know it's real, and everyone's body doesn't act and react in exactly the same way. What doctors HAVE to do for you though is listen to you and help you manage your pain so that you have quality of life. Keep pursuing a good rheumatologist and keep us posted! Lily

Old 09-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Are you sure the leg pain is sciatic? Could it be muscle? I'm assuming the surgery was for sciatica. You said the surgery didn't work, did the doctor say why?

A lot of people believe that when you have disruption to the skeleton, such as an injured disc, it throws off the energy flow from your brain (the center of the nervous system) to the rest of your body. This would be a belief with cranial sacral therapy which I get (although my head not my ankles).

One thing that you might be able to try is vitamins and staying away from diet pop, processed foods and sugar. Not a cure, but you might notice a difference. Since Maine isn't the sunniest place, you might get your Vitamin D tested. This can affect mood and pain.

Closed Thread